Rant It doesn't mean it sucks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well not really a rant, more of a nice reminder to all people.

This was prompted by a discussion i had, well i say discussion, about portal 2.

Now, you might see where this is going already. Yes, i said something bad about the holy grail of gamng :p

What i did say was this; *snip away some starting rabble, enter paraphrasing*...I don't need to play it to know it's not for me. I've seen and heard enough, i can see that it's not. I just don't think i'd have fun with it, past the first two bouncy-havoc things i might have a laugh with. I can just watch a playthrough for the comedy anyway. So, taking into consideration i don't like puzzles that much, meh."

I was met with some, how to put it nicely, hostility. It's the greatest game ever made, you don't get it(love that one) and so on.

I was going to post the same thing on the forum, but decided to post about what i said next instead;

As the masses gathered and the pitchforks did get flung, i stated a unheard of...simply ridicilious...out of this world statement;

"It doesn't mean it sucks, i just don't like it."

More rabble ofcourse ensued, but some took heed of the point.

So please, for the sanity of many discussions, when you see someone saying "I don't like x", remember that the statement does not mean the game/movie/thingyjugs sucks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well technically it sucks and blows, or however those personal portals work :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I felt the same about the first Portal, until I finally played it over a year after release.

I haven't bothered with P2 yet. Seems a bit overhyped and overpriced for a 4 hour game. The way the internet is acting you'd think HL3 just got released... calm down people.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I am playing it coop with aph3x. Nothing beats putting a portal near his face, then one in the toilet before taking a big shit ooh daDdy!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I have seen that hostility directed towards people who don't like or don't want the game. Everyones entitled to their opinion. I get a lot of hate because I like the Two Worlds Series and still say TW1 is one of my fave games of all time. Yet people will crucify me for saying so. Don't take any notice anymore, when I was younger I would engage in futile fanbois fights. I just play my games and if you don't like what I play so so what?.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Fair enough Toht.

I personally think Portal/Portal2 are very good games that fit my idea of fun.

I also personally think that the majority of RTS games are simply not to my liking. I'm not saying that that they suck, because their sales show that many people like them. They just don't grab me.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I find life in general considerably more pleasant since not only accepting but instead embracing the fact that different people like different things, not just with computer games but with anything subjective. It provides all of the spice of life and should be celebrated, especially when it leads you to question your own ideals and try other things, even if you initially see them as something you wont like.

It's just when someone gets overly assertive about a view point when you're right to flag it.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
World:
black.gif

Toth:
White.jpg

;) :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not my type of game either. I'm not going to say it's shit because it's clearly not, it's very well designed but you wouldn't catch me playing it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You only hate portal because you're a racist. And like to interfere with children.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You bathe in the tears of orphans too don't you. You monster.

Nah, orphans are cool, usually tougher and smarter then your average Kailie, or steiphen, or...hope.

You see orphans aren't ruined by the illusions of happiness :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom