It doesnt always go the way of chaos

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
It's not just Destro, Order also has the same problems and sometimes the random group generator will add its own, putting all healers in one group and all tanks/dps in another ...

We had one of those yesterday, lost 500-0 against very good Destro ... lost another one 500-4xx after we were winning 4xx-2xx. There was a lot of artifact swapping, either people is getting better in Mourkain scenario or they just don't value artifact defense enough - the only time I got it, I was killed without receiving a single heal which somewhat explained me why we already won it and lost it so many times in the same scenario ... but you can't really blame healers when there are so few of them.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yeah, but it's hard to find pictures of ageing barbarians on the net :p
Any group in his right mind should be very afraid if he saw the Silver horde on the other side, tbh.

I'm so going to reserve the name 'Madhamish' when the servers are back up :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I'm so going to reserve the name 'Madhamish' when the servers are back up :)

I've just had this mental picture of a Black orc group, called the Silver Horde running around in scenarios.
I don't know if last names are available ingame, but I can see myself running around as Truckle the Uncivil :)
Dammit, now I want to read all my Discworld books again :p
Not to mention that I definitely need to see:
http://www.snowgumfilms.com/trollbridge/

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I've just had this mental picture of a Black orc group, called the Silver Horde running around in scenarios.
I don't know if last names are available ingame, but I can see myself running around as Truckle the Uncivil :)
Dammit, now I want to read all my Discworld books again :p

Lastnames are available at 20 IIRC.
It would take me forever to read all my Discworld books again :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Healing on Destrucution side is very poor

Well while that might be true to some extent I also find the people whining are mostly the people that don't even protect the healers.
It becomes very hard to heal other people when you got 2x WH/WE on you and the BO or IB next to you is more concered about charging in and screaming for heals than peeling those stealthers off you.
Also tanks (in general) seem to play so crap it's really bad, they don't run back 90% of the time when they are getting low health they rather complain in /sc about the healing being crap when they charge 5 BW/Sorcs and insta die.

Seems a bit like a WoW BG mentallity, charge in and don't care about your HP "cause that's the healer's job", There are some good tanks out there though but mostly people that play in good guilds from the DAoC times but thay are rare, really rare.
Come to think of it in the 27 RR's I played now since live I only met 1-2 people that actually protected their healers and ofc we won those scenario's with ease.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
The numbers (kills for order and deaths for destruction) in your summary look as if a good amount of destruction people left the scenario midgame and a couple of poor guys got the spots in a very lost game.

BTW, I yesterday met the first AFKer standing around at the entrance one-shotters all the time. YAY! :/

pez

Can't get enough of FH
This is what happens when one side is all 20+

Attachments

• Sach^M_001.jpg
    Sach^M_001.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 46

pikeh

Resident Freddy
And when two people on destro don't do anything the whole fight :)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I suspect they joined late. From what I remember we picked up the relic, fought them for maybe 5 minutes and then pushed them back to their spawn where most of them just sat waiting for the last 10 minutes to end since they knew they couldn't get a kill.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
This is what happens when one side is all 20+

And the group that scored the only kill went directly for the ironbreaker...
*slaps forehead*

BTW, there are at least three latecomers with no contribution whatsoever. The chosen got 310 healpoints for getting his level bolstered.

I am afraid that you will see more of these "no-contest" matches as long as it is possible to leave a game without suffering some kind of malus for it. The other game countered that behaviour by putting a debuff on leavers that prohibited them from entering a new game for 15 minutes. WTB that or sth similar before the situation gets outta hand. Joining a lost game sukks.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
im on orrud server, and chaos is baaaad there..... and they always run away :(

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
TBH it's sad to see so many people blinkered into the old "musta been higher ranked players " etc etc.

Ideally the game is balanced order vs destruction. If it isn't then ultimately Destruction aren't going to have much fun as they'll find it harder to get pvp and fewer targets to kill.

What we want is a balanced game where any class is dangerous in the hands of a player who knows how it works and how the game works. Well done on the win btw - I hope we see more order active & more good fights :D.

M

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I am afraid that you will see more of these "no-contest" matches as long as it is possible to leave a game without suffering some kind of malus for it.

You do get debuff which dont allow you to join any other scenario for a while,jus the icon for it is invisible for some reason.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
You do get debuff which dont allow you to join any other scenario for a while,jus the icon for it is invisible for some reason.

Now thats some great news. Hopefully thats enough to keep most people playing.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
From what i seen so far in CB, OB and Release game, the majority of people (on both side of the fence) got really little clue on how Scenarios work, i suspect many don't even know which are the objectives/the common tactics and there's a lack of communication that's piss poor.
I do hope people start to run more in Guild groups, cause even one single GG in a Scenario can turn the tides of organization quite quickly.

Yup we are unbeaten when we had a full UP group in a scenario, and yes i think there are many players who play dont even know what to do. Someone had the flag in the elven capture the flag one, and didnt realise why he had a glowy red light coming from him, wasnt til the whole BG shouted at him to come to the score point he realised.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
What frustrates me are the "tank" based scenarios, with Morkaine Temple being a prime example. Particularly as I'm very healing focused on my Shaman. What has happened so many times is a player picks up the relic (thankfully it's usually a Chosen/Black Orc or at least a Marauder) but then decides they can best use this role as objective carrier by throwing themselves into the fray and being nuked down by about 10dps. Then, they proceed to whine about not receiving heals. Now.. my healing's pretty good, if I say so myself, but even I and the other healers can't keep a player up with relic damage and half the opposition focus-firing them. If they want to play the hero and get themselves killed, all the power to them. But it pisses me right off. -.-

Valdur

Fledgling Freddie
Order PUGs are getting better,I did mostly scenarios last night and we won a lot of matches.At one time I(WP) had 4 destros on me,a RP came in and kept me alive until the others came in and we kicked their warped balls back to oblivion and won 500 - 100

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
It seems to me that a lot of these issues are from players who joined the game when it went live. Those who were in headstart and beta know pretty much whats what - but those joining from the 18th Sept onwards are less clued up.
I know we've all been knocking them but lets see if we can turn the table around and show them how to play this game. Maybe then the RvR will be more even in tactitc etc.
There do seem to be 2 main issues though. 1 Lack of group organisation - working together as a group and 2 lack of communication going on between anyone.
I for one would dearly love to go in as part of a guild group and see what happens. Maybe today I will see if I can orgainse it.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Hello my name is Bellig and i got 0 kills in that scenario <sits down again>
In that scenario we were outgunned and out levelled, we couldnt keep up with dmaage due to level difference, no teamwork, and you guys kep killing me a poor little shaman :m00:

But i agree most people i know dont know that they are actually chasing a relic in Temple, so they just stand in the middle fighting and not really doing anything while other side wins.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Hello my name is Bellig and i got 0 kills in that scenario <sits down again>

But you also got the koolest avatar possible (well...Richard from LFG ends as a close second I suppose), so I guess that evens it out in the end.
:worthy:

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Ive tried to get beaten that hard once.

Here is a couple of reasons why this can happen even if it is rare.

1. At start Order was full, we where 2 groups only.
2. They had healers, we did not.
3. on average they where higher level(not much though)
4. we got quickly swarmed, then most of them camped our spawn point.
5. we did get more people in, but other logged out just as quickly so even though there was 25 people from destro on scorelist, we where never more than 12 at the same time and insta dying after respawn is not really much fun.

I also have won 500-0 so the thing can go either way, its not really proof on 1 side better than other. more like luck of the draw. ;)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
i tend to find if you hit a scenarios after 9pm they tend to be won by order before that and i find to many people with "headless chicken" talent equiped

but really if you want to win use join as group then at least 50% of the order team will be working together

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom