It breaks my heart....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
to do what I am about to do but it must be done. So, I have 12 hard drives of varying sizes lying around the home Office, I meant shitpit. So I thought I should check and see what is on them and if anything important, take it off and put it on my primary NAS then scrub the disk.

So out of the 12 hard drives, 5 were Seagate Barrucuda 3tb, 3 of which don't spin up, the other 2 fail S.M.A.R.T. tests and have high sector re-allocation counts. This means only 1 thing, I must give them to my certified hard drive destroyer, in other words, my Dad.

For the last several years he has destroyed countless hard drives and when I go round there he presents me with a pile of bits which once was spinning at 5,400 RPM.

The other disks report fine health but I see no need for a 300GB or a 750GB drive at any point in the future so will most probably just give the lot to the destroyer.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
to do what I am about to do but it must be done. So, I have 12 hard drives of varying sizes lying around the home Office, I meant shitpit. So I thought I should check and see what is on them and if anything important, take it off and put it on my primary NAS then scrub the disk.

So out of the 12 hard drives, 5 were Seagate Barrucuda 3tb, 3 of which don't spin up, the other 2 fail S.M.A.R.T. tests and have high sector re-allocation counts. This means only 1 thing, I must give them to my certified hard drive destroyer, in other words, my Dad.

For the last several years he has destroyed countless hard drives and when I go round there he presents me with a pile of bits which once was spinning at 5,400 RPM.

The other disks report fine health but I see no need for a 300GB or a 750GB drive at any point in the future so will most probably just give the lot to the destroyer.
Lol i thought you were gonna talk about the demise of FH.

What does yr dad do to them?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lol i thought you were gonna talk about the demise of FH.

What does yr dad do to them?

Hehe, not yet!

Have fun using a grinder, club hammer and anything else in his arsenal. Saying that my brother has a gas welder, wonder if that might be more fun to have a play with....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You should put them in several heavy duty plastic bags, seal them in a container and bury them at the bottom of the garden. Make sure you put an official looking sign on, something like "GOVERNMENT SAVILE FILES".

That should annoy someone 100 years from now...

Embattle

FH is my second home
I have found myself keeping hard drives that have no practical purpose, in the end I do smash them to pieces or sell any viable ones.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yep I've got a few dotted around that I've taken out of PC's/laptops as ive disposed of them.

did intend to use them for something but now they are just sat in cupboards full of god knows what

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom