isp recommendations/nildram suck

mank!

Part of the furniture
nildram have gone downhill rapidly since tiscali took over but my internet speeds have suddenly slowed to a crawl, webpages taking ISDN speeds to load - for instance it took me over five minutes to do an online bank transfer.

i did a speedtest and this is the result:

Date 01/12/08 12:39:26
Speed Down 135.01 Kbps ( 0.1 Mbps )
Speed Up 368.08 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )

tried downloading some files, never reached higher than 5k/s. interestingly, my ping is fine in games (well, WoW). i would be surprised if it's congestion as i only have one neighbour and the exchange is not congested.

so fuck it, time to move. any recommendations?

mank!

Part of the furniture
i can get o2 and was favouring them or fast.co.uk who seem highly rated on dslzone.

i've just requested my MAC code from nildram so at least i should be sorted after new year.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I left Nildram a few months back to join 02.

I'm paying £7.50 (I'm an 02 mobile customer too) for the same spec service that I was getting at Nildram for £20+ and I'm much happier at 02.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I switched from BT to SKY and think they are great they do not oversell an exchange (I had to wait for someone to leave the top package befor i could get it). My internet is always fast and i have not noticed any outages at all.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm with o2, pay £7.50 a month for 8 MBits and I actually get a full 8 MBits. Gaming pings are awesome.

They have mostly been great, however they've been having some serious DNS issues in the past month or two and everyone I know with o2 (including me) has been having the same problems: some websites work, some don't, then all is well without reason.

Have a look on asdlguide for some more info, there are lists of people as long as your arm with the same issues. I'm sure they will sort it, but just something to be aware of.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I did have some dns issues but they were resolved within a few days. These are the only issues Ive had in the 2 years Ive been with Be/O2

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Expect the MAC code provide by Tiscali to take forever to get, and not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom