Is Valve taking the piss?

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Is anyone having a problem with Steam at the mo? It updated itself last night, took ages but did it in the end. Apparantly now though, my copy of Steam is refusing to accept the pure and simple fact that I'm connected to the internet.

Is it because of Steam being shit software or is it because they've released an update and now their server has melted due to demand?

I'm kind of stuck for an answer :/

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
steampowered.com doesn't work, neither does valvesoftware.com. I don't like being a whinger but for gods sake, what is the point in releasing software if it either a: doesn't work or b: you haven't got the resources to make it available to people.

They forced the whole Steam thing on us, great idea in principle I might add, but they don't seem to have bothered updating their servers to cope with the mass demand they themselves created.

Cheers then Valve.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Update for you from CSNation...

As you probably all have noticed, since the update this morning, Steam has been running pretty sluggish all day which has caused a lot of unresponsiveness and not allowing people to log in. Erik Johnson, Valve's recent new posting king, has posted on www.SteamPowered.com that by tomorrow morning, Steam should be running much better.

The reason for the sluggishness was because the content servers were overloaded; most of you knew this. "Until the Steam content servers are able to catch up with demand, some users will continue to experience slowness or unresponsiveness from the Steam client", says Erik Johnson.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, for what its worth, I remember similar problems with WON going offline every now and again.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
working here although i cant seem to refresh the servers i use the all seeing eye /shrug

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Started working again about 3 hours after my original post but to be honest there was massive lag problems on virtually every server I tried. Bloody annoying though, its not as if they had no idea how many people were going to get the update for gods sake.

Me-------> :twak: <----------Valve

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
They seemed to be suffering a DDoS attack last night at about that time. Check the status page The times shown on the graphs are PST (8 hours behind GMT)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tom said:
Well, for what its worth, I remember similar problems with WON going offline every now and again.
WON is now viewed as all that was once good. Valient effort, but no one wants to remeber how shoddy WON was.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I'm more annoyed that Staz plays CS and hes never been on our server :eek:

Get your arse on there sonny jim or I will send Throddy round with his badger friends!

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:
I'm more annoyed that Staz plays CS and hes never been on our server :eek:

Get your arse on there sonny jim or I will send Throddy round with his badger friends!

I will I promise.

Steam has gone tits up again today :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom