Is this Xrealming?

Sporran

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for the bone question, but i need to know.
I've a m8 who plays mid/pry, not very often though but he does now and then. some mornings(like this week) if our shifts permit, when he gets in from work, and i'm off work, we meet sometimes up for a friendly fight. we don't exchange anything about raids or anything, just friendly banter over msn and a scrap. will only last about 30mins one of us is popped and off to bed, and most of the time we're on reduced realm points, although he tends to be unbuffed and i ain't, hehe, i'm bad.
Was just a question, 'cause i'd like to clear it up before servers merge, as he has other cha's on hib/exc(which he promises would mash my Merc), that used to be his main realm when he first played daoc. anyways, was just wanting to know, as ignorance is no excuse.
i didn't think this was xrealming till a hunter said to my m8 about it, i had killed him about 4 times this morning, the last time i got him, i was chatting to him on msn, got him to check out a post on our day of defeat clan forum, and i ran in and killed him, hehe, he started to tell me that someone PMed saying we were Xrealming, hence this post. think he's a little worried, so i stuck this post on to see if i can find out.. it saves my m8 saying to me "i'm going to play daoc in rvr, come and find me", when he can just say, "wanna meet at oriens bridge for a blooter?"
just need to know to get this settled, 'cause we enjoy daoc too much to start upsetting people.

thanks for your views

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
While you probably are safe from xrealming issues you do have a ifferent problem...

Organised dueling etc across realms is a no-no... People have been suspended for such things

Sporran

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for clearing that up for me. i'd rather we knew if we we're breaking rules, doubt my m8 will play daoc much longer, he's hooked on EQ2 and battlefield2 atm (the sinner). i'll just need to make sure i've got daoc radio silence when we talk on msn hehe. what about playing a thidranki toon, i doubt anyone would bother if we met up for a fight in a BG, or would that still be classed as meeting up for a /duel. i can understand the rps thingy at lvl 50 if thats the problem, but for the sake of 4rps in thid surely we can get away with fighting there?

thanks for letting us know, it's probably saved us future aggro. just a pity we don't play the same realm.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Requiel said:
Ok.
Prearranging 1-on1s is bad. It's the short end of a large wedge which ends in deliberate RP farming and people getting accused of cross-realming.
So in general:

Saying 'I will be in zone x on date y and looking for people to fight me solo' is ok.

Saying 'I will be at location x at date and time y, we will have some solo fights and give people a chance to buff/rez etc between duels' is not ok.

As it says above, the three realms are supposed to be at war, you are not supposed to communicate between realms directly in matters of realm versus realm warfare and you certainly aren't supposed to organise duelling events where certain classes (rezzers/buffers) are 'off limits'. While we cannot force you to attack enemy characters and cannot insist that you fight every target that you see, colluding with an enemy realm to not attack a valid target can get you into trouble for crossrealming at the very least.

This is what the sever GM said last time it was asked mate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom