Is this wrong?

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Well the other day I saw something that I thought was possibly the most amusing real life thing I've seen all year. This practically had me in tears (which was bad because i was driving at the time).

We drove past a wheelchair-bound kid who was wearing a superman t-shirt.

Now this has quite a few conotations:

1. the kid has either:
a) a wicked sense of humour, or...
b) evil parents

2. Christopher Reeve - The superman actor from the films,spent the latter part of his life in wheelchair due to a horrific accident (i think involving horses but i'm not sure)

3. The irony (the thing americans don't get, not making clothes flat and crease-less) of superman - the man of steel, can fly, x-ray vision for perving and horrendous halitosis - in a wheelchair

I was later told - and I quote - that I was "sick" for finding this amusing :(

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
not sure that's "sick".

you musta had a pretty shit year so far though if that's been the funniest thing in it xD

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
not sure that's "sick".

you musta had a pretty shit year so far though if that's been the funniest thing in it xD

nope, just found it really funny, tis my kind of sense of humour i guess

Nate

FH is my second home
To each there own I guess. A bit twisted maybe, it isn't right at least.

The kid could just like Superman.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
That would have made me giggle also :)

Maybe because I have a warped mind but meh

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Nothing funny about kids in wheelchairs, but when they are wearing superman t-shirts it's a totally different thing imo :D

Mey

Part of the furniture
Nothing funny about kids in wheelchairs, but when they are wearing superman t-shirts it's a totally different thing imo :D

Your joking right? Kid's in wheelechairs do the funniest things!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wouldn't of realised the irony till I'd of got home.. Not 'haha' funny, but funny none the less.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Wrong - yep

Funny - extremly!

so yeah, I think im in the same boat as Serbitar on this one.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
theres a lady that goes round the supermarket in one of those electronic buggies and shes got a horn on it like the one toad of toad hall's got, cracked me up and i told her and she gave me a toot!

great stuff.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
id probably laugh too.

the other day my mate asked me if id seen "that spacker in the wheel chair" which i also found very funny, fuck you pc brigade!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
would of found it funny, then i would feel bad because i was laughing at that kid - then i would find a fat girl and laugh at her and feel better.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
I hate the rep rule!

Perhabs Deebs can remove it, like he removed the post count?

that sucks, the day im on a funny spree i cant get repped by the only one who find me amusing :( OH CRUEL WORLD WHY DONT YOU JUST KILL ME NOW!? :< ill rep you for trying then!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
How old was the kid?

Wheelchair kid with superman t-shirt. Made made me smile. But not in a "haha cripple" kind of way. More in a "Raar go kid!" kind of way.

There's also more possibilities not mentioned above.

Maybe the kid is entirely aware of his situation and the irony of what he's wearing. Maybe, despite physical handicap he has an alert and brilliant mind.

Some chap called Steven Hawking made a bit of a stir in years gone by ;)

Maybe this kid really is a future superman of sorts. Maybe his parents free his imagination so he transcends the limitations of his physical body. Maybe he doesn't feel so trapped if he's encouraged to experience what his mind and imagination can do for him. Maybe the sheer escapism of superman helps him deal with the wheelchair.

Just maybe.

Stuff to think about anyway :)

Gamah

Banned
Should have flying kicked him in the face shouting "I R TEH L3X LUTH0R"

then it would have been funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom