Rant Is this right.....

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
jehovas witnesses are well known for shoving their bullshit in your face, plus magasines which frankly are a waste of paper.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I agree religion itself is not the problem, But i do think its to easy to exploit by people who want to control the masses. And to the question of how many aethists like gandi do you find? well i will point to the millions of people who work for charitys for free or donate as much time as they can to helping others. Im sure a good % of them will be aethist. Ofc tho as some of you say if religion was removed them the power mad would just find another way to control people, but that doesnt change the fact religion IS used still. Its only in the last couple of hundred years as science has started to rise that religion has loosened its grip on the world. Money can make a person do many bad things but only something like Religion can cause true fanatisicm by offering a reward for AFTER you are dead. Would we see half as many suicide bombers if they didnt beleive they would be rewarded in heaven?. I know this is a bit extreme for what we are discussing but every downpour starts with a single drop and for me anyway the introduction of ANY religion on such a scale is scary.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It isn't, but in reality how many relgious folk actually actively try and 'convert' you? when you put it into perspective

Pick any thread regarding religion on this forum alone and you will have a myriad of replies saying 'religion is stupid', 'people who believe in it are idiots'
I find the same is true in irl, any discussion (with a group of people who are able to speak hoenstly and frankly) with even a small reference to religion you will get the same people 'shoving their views in peoples faces'

How is that any different to a preacher trying to convert you?

Quite true, i've heard in my life maybe one person that tried to convert me to a religion.

On the other hand, i've met a plethora of cases where people try to convert me away from religion.

Yes, sayig "religion is stupid" or "people believing in god are stupid" is just that, converting.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Fucking lol Aoami, wish I could double rep you

Also religion sucks. It only happened because people didn't know better back then

End of story

Talivar

Part of the furniture
No because its like saying Knifes are the problem but not the knife itself, but the ppl who weild them with bad intent. On its own religion is fine but when misused it is a very dangerous power.

gohan

FH is my second home
im not proud to be english

i'm disgusted by this country half the time, it's gone down the shitter and the cause isn't muslims or polish or any other imagrants

its little chavy fucking ***** that have no intention to work cos if they pop out a sprog they get a flat on the council, think its thier right to harras and bully anyone thats in a smaller group I.E 20 chavs at a bus stop think its hilarious to kick the shit out of 2 random people passing by just cos they can.

you can all bleat on amout them dodgey foriegners but about 1/2 of english teenagers are chavy little fucks that are probly on the police radar for being such little fucking arseholes

noblok

Part of the furniture
Would we see half as many suicide bombers if they didnt beleive they would be rewarded in heaven?
Probably, yes.

Robert Pape said:
I have studied every suicide terrorist attack around the world from 1980 to early 2004. More than half of all suicide attacks were carried out by secular groups and individuals. In fact, the world's leader in suicide terrorism was the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, a Marxist group that is completely secular and that recruits from Hindus. More than a third of all suicide attacks by Muslims were also carried out by secular groups, such as the Kurdish PKK in Turkey and the Communist Party in Lebanon.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
just because our views are different does not make me an idiot, you of course are always correct and make no mistakes or have any fviews tghat are left of center, that might mean that you have to actually think about life instead of walking round with your head up your arse
You can have your view but the video you posted was absolute tripe.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
im not proud to be english

i'm disgusted by this country half the time, it's gone down the shitter and the cause isn't muslims or polish or any other imagrants

its little chavy fucking ***** that have no intention to work cos if they pop out a sprog they get a flat on the council, think its thier right to harras and bully anyone thats in a smaller group I.E 20 chavs at a bus stop think its hilarious to kick the shit out of 2 random people passing by just cos they can.

you can all bleat on amout them dodgey foriegners but about 1/2 of english teenagers are chavy little fucks that are probly on the police radar for being such little fucking arseholes

Yep, and that is just the reason many of us at uni are eyeing the "Graduating? Emigrate to Australia/Canada!" packs with interest. And alas, skilled people are lost.

Not that taking my degree and running bothers me much, just wish i could pluck some of my mates up and take em with me when the time comes, esp my mate with a kid.

tierk

Part of the furniture
...Money can make a person do many bad things but only something like Religion can cause true fanatisicm by offering a reward for AFTER you are dead. Would we see half as many suicide bombers if they didnt beleive they would be rewarded in heaven?

When you consider the millions of people killed in the last 60 years, how many of those have died from a suicide bombing and how many from such strange terms as collateral damage?

Even when you exclude WW2 consider the millions of people slaughtered since and try figure out how many of them have been because of religion and how many have been directly the cause of wars for resources, power or politics.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
As i keep saying i acknowledge its the people in charge that cause the deaths. Religion is just one tool in a big arsenal of tools for them.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
How many Aethists can you think of that have started a war?.

There are some pretty nasty aethists out there

Pol Pot
Mussolini
Milošević
Mao Zedong
Khrushchev
Kim Jong-il
Enver Hoxha

War is not a product of religion, it's a product of human nature.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Everyone seems to be missing my point, im not saying war is a product of religon , im saying religion is a tool of war used by people who want to control the masses. Racism, religion,capatalism just a few of the tools i mean. In an ideal world Religon would be soley used for positive things and would greatly enhance the world, in our not so ideal world it is used for all that but also for not so nice things.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
everyone is missing your point because you're changing it in every post, or just communicating it really, really badly

edit - also, most people know that religion is an outdated concept, the amount of christians who regularly go to church in this country shows that. however, islam is still a very, very strong and popular religion, like christianity was when we went over to the middle east and kicked the shit out of them a thousand years ago. The difference now is that most of the country was probably behind the king during the crusades, but that is very much not the case with most muslims, who don't support terrorism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom