Is this out of order of the BBC?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He should be named and branded. 4 years prison for the crime he committed is a joke, the system is a fucking disgrace.

He'll re offend no doubt chasing the buzz he felt while torturing his first victim.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I agree with you Calaen - but that's my emotional reaction.

What I was asking about is - should the BBC be subverting the judicial system?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
"delayed yet again "

That is clearly a loaded quote and unacceptable from a supposedly unbiased broadcaster. And...

"For the past six months, the BBC has been trying to let people know the identity of the rapist"

Why?

"the public has the right to know and it would act as a deterrent to other offenders of a similar age"

Ah, is this news or an editorial? It appears to be neither and its author isn't identified either. Absolutely correct to highlight this Scouse.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Fuck yeah, they should, I think the point is rape is bad, everyone knows that, and getting 4 years for that is bullshit and it needs to get sorted out, if it was a touchier subject (No pun intended) such as human rights, that 'radical terrorist guy' for instance, they should report the facts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Put in a complaint over editorial standards. Never done that before.

I must be on my period.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fuck yeah, they should, I think the point is rape is bad, everyone knows that, and getting 4 years for that is bullshit and it needs to get sorted out, if it was a touchier subject (No pun intended) such as human rights, that 'radical terrorist guy' for instance, they should report the facts.

It isn't the place of BBC News to sway the argument one way or the other. Their job is simply to report on what happens. They can quite correctly report that they've been blocked from revealing certain details of a case, but they have no right to say whether or not that block is correct.

rynnor

Rockhound
The other issue with this is the waste of license fees - the rule that you cant name underage offenders is long established and pretty pointless to challenge.

I dont really think it protects anyone to know his name tbh - its not like anyone will remember in 4 years.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It does read like someone who has grown sick of the situation and is abusing their position to vent. BBC should pull the article imo. The guy is clearly a scum bag but this reads like something you would read on a blog not the BBC.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Put in a complaint over editorial standards. Never done that before.

I must be on my period.

I once complained about a BBC video report in Israel which took the unverified testimony of a Palestinian and claimed that Israelis had been throwing "disgusting" objects at her. I didn't like the fact that they took her word and reported it as fact.

The response was typically "well our reporters know best so that's that". Utter crap.

rynnor

Rockhound
The BBC is largely a mouthpiece for the establishment - the other big chunk of its bias is from its liberals who are quite happy to censor their opponents.

It has hushed up lots of different investigations into its bias like the one into its pro-palestinian bias (it has spent hundreds of thousands resisting freedom of information act requests so it must be pretty bad) and the secret propaganda presentations from the climategate 'scientists' from the 'university' of East Anglia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom