Is this common amoungst people of this realm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[HG-Jomy]

Fledgling Freddie
Arcee said:
Ive returned to Excalibur recently to see not much has changed while i have been away :(

Some people can be seriously rude and arrogant. Take this screenshot for example.

http://www.kan.myby.co.uk/sshot016.jpg

This happened yesterday while me and 2 friends were exploring the new zones. GOA have informed me via GetRight that the matter is under investigation.

Sad to see this type of behavour.

For that u reported m ?
:m00:

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>For that u reported m ?

His langauge is a disgrace and shames his parents. Of couse he should be reported, if he uses abusive langauge, off with his head.

Even if they did something wrong, and with intent, screenshot dont show whole story I suspect, no matter what it was it dont justify the language. Mrb behaves like the ilk we dont need in this realm.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
his language is actually quite controlled compared to some of the outburst that I´ve seen.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
his language is actually quite controlled compared to some of the outburst that I´ve seen.

I really want to see that...

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
We was on tresure island, it was our first time there so we didnt quite know how it worked. We had to run from one of the chests because the agro was to much for us to handle.

Yeah your damn right i reported him, he wouldnt speak to me like that at a net cafe so he isnt going to do it over the net in-game.
Seems to me he's got a serious anger problem and i reckon he needs to see someone about it.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Arcee said:
We was on tresure island, it was our first time there so we didnt quite know how it worked. We had to run from one of the chests because the agro was to much for us to handle.

Yeah your damn right i reported him, he wouldnt speak to me like that at a net cafe so he isnt going to do it over the net in-game.
Seems to me he's got a serious anger problem and i reckon he needs to see someone about it.
There's only a certain amount of noobness a person can handle before he pops.

He may have used some strong language but he certainly had a point.

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Language like that isn't really justifiable. We tend to assume, as humans, that everyone else is like us, especially in a situation like this (MMPORG) where we are abstracted from other people by in-game avatars.

We have to remember, no matter how annoyed we might get, that we could be talking to a child, an elderly person, someone who is mentally challenged, or just someone who is sensitive.

Its easy to spout abuse over the net, since, as I said, we are seperated physically from the other person.. but that doesn't, and nor should it, make such harsh abusive language tollerable. We may appear as a collection of polygons in game, but there is a very real person behind each avatar.. and a great amount of the time you will have no idea of knowing who you are talking to.

If I made a mistake in real life, and someone responded with 'Fucking twat', and 'Fuck off, you prick', I would probably be inclined to lamp them, even being as level-headed as I think I am. I would be even more inclined to lamp them if they spoke to my 9 year old niece that way.

You cannot justify responding to someone like that for something so trivial as opening a chest, even in ignorance, in a game; I would seriously question your mental state if you frequently talk to people like that in real life situations. I can say with great conviction, and without ego, that an attitude like that would not be tollerated where I live.

When you act like 'mrb' in the situation illustrated, you end up, in my opinion, looking a great deal more foolish than the person who made the mistake. I would rather play with polite people who do the odd thing wrong, than insulting elitists who act like idiots.

Bellerophon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a little confused tbh, Aten's shield isn't on my list of 'things to do' so I haven't really spent much time on treasure island, but don't the mobs aggro whoever opens the chest?

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
Methos said:
There's only a certain amount of noobness a person can handle before he pops.

He may have used some strong language but he certainly had a point.

What a silly thing to say. People make mistakes, this doesnt mean there noobs. If a new daoc player came upto my mob and hit it for example - i wouldnt be abusive and go mental at him with language like that. Ive been playing Daoc since Euro beta, and yeh, i made a mistake, i opened a chest that was close to there group - we all make mistakes.

Thats doesnt justify the way he behaved and spoke to me. In my country, if someone spoke like that to you IRL, you floor them - i just did the next best thing.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Arcee said:
What a silly thing to say. People make mistakes, this doesnt mean there noobs. If a new daoc player came upto my mob and hit it for example - i wouldnt be abusive and go mental at him with language like that. Ive been playing Daoc since Euro beta, and yeh, i made a mistake, i opened a chest that was close to there group - we all make mistakes.

Thats doesnt justify the way he behaved and spoke to me. In my country, if someone spoke like that to you IRL, you floor them - i just did the next best thing.
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, NOOB PWNS YOU!

Tisme

Loyal Freddie
Arcee said:

agree with u acree ... i dont see why ppl use that sort of language maybe it makes them feel all tuff when really it just makes them look like idiots

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
lol....you opened the chest near his group? NEVER! omg how could you even think of opening a chest within 5 miles of him? i mean come on, once the chest is opened, the person who opened it has the agro do they not? therefore how is it your fault that HE agroed the mobs after you couldnt kill them? correct me if im wrong...and thats just another example of how some people are protective over the things they are trying to get...plus, did his group struggle to take down 5 oranges? these things happen, you simply cannot run around screaming and shouting at people like that simply because they done something near you that was a little inconvenient....if his group got wiped out, then thats a slightly different situation, but again, there is never EVER any need for that kind of language, it doesnt matter what someone has done, there isnt (to my knowledge) a single situation that would warrent that kind of attitude......if anyone thinks i am wrong, then please give a scenario.....the /ignore list is there for a reason.

On a lighter note, i was camping the argo's in notos when the harpies were above, meaning the Fools Bow was about and ready to drop.....a scout comes along after an hour of me killing them and i just PM him explaining the situation and he kindly apologises and offers to leave, then 2 more scouts come another hour later with a mincer and cleric, so i PM one of the scouts and he too kindly apologises and offers to leave with his 3 friends, turned out i didnt get the bow after about 3 hours so i held the spot and let the 2 scouts mincer and cleric camp there, and they got the bow.....thats an example of how friendly and considerate some people are, i half expected to get abused for trying to camp the spot alone.

Before i get flamed for 'camping' the argos and not letting someone else camp there too, i offered to let them stay and said i didnt want to try to claim the spot.....but there is only 1 Fools Bow at a time, and it was the first time id seen the harpies in 6 days of trying, plus from what i gathered, a 36 hour repop timer.

Arcee

Loyal Freddie
Thats what i wondered, surely they had to agro them. And no, they didnt get wiped out, not one of them died as far as me and my friends can tell.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Protective. He did'nt want us there on the island, they wanted to loot, and there was nothing that was going to stand in his way. Not even me and my 2 mates hehe :eek2:

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Arcee said:
Thats doesnt justify the way he behaved and spoke to me.

Agreed. Mrb was out of order. Even though I don't know the whole circumstance, you *don't* give someone a mouthful like that.

Everyone pops sometimes (even me!). But you calm down, you apologise, and you move on.

Can someone lock this thread? It doesn't need any more replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom