Limbo

smashinventory6cs.jpg

Diablo II

2qwfv52.jpg

Limbo

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, "created from home" for sure.

Jimmy H Christ from Alabama, if that doesn't get sued for about..say...15 game companies i'm suprised.

Best parts:

"It is a battle between fate and destiny"

Umm...that's ...an "interesting" battle of words. You have TWO choices! Fate! Or Destiny!

Isn't that kinda the same thing :eek7:

"It is a sort of comedy come horror. A bit like Monty Python meets Evil Dead."

And evil dead was serious horror? :D

I think i'll "program" and "create" my own game, where players can join an online world where there's quests, goblins, oh and elves! And lots of war ofcourse...i'll call it...Realm of Art of War!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Diablo 2? Unreal Tournie? Oblivion? Painkiller? what kind of bastard game was this?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Evidently the adventure of Captain Spooner! :D

Also, just brilliant:

Gordon: So have any more recent games influenced your current project?

Steve: The project is more influenced by film and literature rather than other games, we want the experience to be as original as possible and as such we have made a calculated effort to keep away from other games in the genre. Limbo of the Lost is an experience first and foremost, secondly wrapped up in a game media and genre.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I`m tempted to say "fake", or "marketing trick". Nobody with a sane mind would do that and expect to get away with it, especially since it´s so obvious.
Either they have permission to copy and want to ride the OMGWTF wave, or they want to set an example and challenge the existing laws.
Or they´re complete and utter idiots.

:eek7:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol :( That just ruined my new idea then... I planned in stealing bits from super mario and trainspotting...

disclaimer! I did not make the image :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'm sorry but WTF! Limbo looks nothing like those other games. The screenshots may have similarities in that they all have a character on screen, and there's stone, but that's all. These games look nothing like each other.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sorry but WTF! Limbo looks nothing like those other games. The screenshots may have similarities in that they all have a character on screen, and there's stone, but that's all. These games look nothing like each other.

You really should have a look

The buildings, walls, doors, texture, furniture, EVERYTHING EXCEPT the characters on the screens are taken from Oblivion....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You really should have a look

The buildings, walls, doors, texture, furniture, EVERYTHING EXCEPT the characters on the screens are taken from Oblivion....

Actually, the REAL funny part is that Limbo is a 2d game so those stolen items aren't really stolen, they're screenshots ;)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Actually, the REAL funny part is that Limbo is a 2d game so those stolen items aren't really stolen, they're screenshots ;)

So they took screenshots from Oblivion and used those as backgrounds for their game?

How stupid can you get?

Worst part is that they could make a game like that, but then you have to make it monkey island like, and make it a known fact that the backgrounds are stolen. Simply add a character who knocks on the background like it was a window while talking about how cheap the production was in a funny way, and you can call it a parody and get around most legal issues...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So they took screenshots from Oblivion and used those as backgrounds for their game?

How stupid can you get?

Worst part is that they could make a game like that, but then you have to make it monkey island like, and make it a known fact that the backgrounds are stolen. Simply add a character who knocks on the background like it was a window while talking about how cheap the production was in a funny way, and you can call it a parody and get around most legal issues...

Aye. Thinking of the same thing to an adventure game akin to monkey island(biggest part unfinished is the story o_O).

Shame all the good jokes are done already but...

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Aye. Thinking of the same thing to an adventure game akin to monkey island(biggest part unfinished is the story o_O).

Shame all the good jokes are done already but...

"Monkey Island" game series was some of the best games ever :D

And well.... many jokes was done in the monkey island games, but more could be done :D Saying most of the good jokes are done just shows lack of creativity rather than truth

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Monkey Island" game series was some of the best games ever :D

And well.... many jokes was done in the monkey island games, but more could be done :D Saying most of the good jokes are done just shows lack of creativity rather than truth

Ah meant most of the "production value" jokes ;)

If you've ever read jeff and tonder, i think i can squeeze a few laughs out of situations :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Well, ever heard of Poe's Law?

but then again - since when has bahumat ever posted anything serious? :)

bahumat - lol, you need cantankerous training from tohtori before you can truely be opposites man :D ! for effort though :)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I'm an Atheist

So am I :)

But it still applies in modified form, Bahumat..

So much stupid shit posted on the internet, you can never expect to post something sarcastic and not have people think you are serious, unless you make it clear, by use of smiley's or putting "/end sarcasm" at the end of your post. Could easily imagine some stupid fanboy seriously saying what you did.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
So am I :)

But it still applies in modified form, Bahumat..

So much stupid shit posted on the internet, you can never expect to post something sarcastic and not have people think you are serious, unless you make it clear, by use of smiley's or putting "/end sarcasm" at the end of your post. Could easily imagine some stupid fanboy seriously saying what you did.

But if I did that, I would not have been able to post the Sarcasm picture...and I've wanted to do that since 9am.

oh wait, hold on a sec *wanders off*

*10 mins go by*

*wanders back*

*;)*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Aye, it's not like anyone could possibly pick up on signs of sarcasm without very very clear pictures and smileys.

Now that's sarcasm :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom