Is there such a beast?

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Everyones assuming all RAs/ML abililties are up - which they arn't for 60-70% of the time (which was what was originally asked). Hence they'd win the first fight, use all their RA's then get wtfpwned the for the next xxx minutes.

Everyones also assuming the character is fully buffed - then again its not "solo"ing really - you could't roll that char alone and expect to win 60-70% time.

With all that in mind, I think it would have to be a BD (can a unbuffed infil/ns kill a bd before the pets heal or the PA stun wears off? Presumably with mezz-poison its relatively straight forward?), an animist (assuming they had time to set up the shrooms and the attacker was forced to walk into the shroom area), or a Friar who I've found are really tough in the unbuffed (well for the other person anyway!) duel arena.

Chilly

Balls of steel
i think i made it pretty clear that wha ti meant was all RAs, fully tweaked toa kit, fully buffed (lets be honest, without buffs a soloer is dead - i have trouble winning vs anyhting on my sorc with all RAs/abils/artis up when im not buffed, uber slow cast time and shit dmg etc). why compare anything else?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
funny how just cos reavers suddenly became overpowered they are considerered no skill classes.. :m00:
It's natural--witness the disrespect Enchanters enjoyed in the old days when they were considered overpowered. People were spreading stories about 1-button wonders being played by the four-year old sons of serious DAoC players. Same story with Berserkers, Savages, and Bonedancers--play an overpowered class and you will have difficulties being recognized for your skill. It might also have something to do with the FotM stamp attracting lots of more or less skilless people to a class (or at least new and unexperienced ones).

Anyway, in your particular case, you have done nothing to prevent the reputation of your class lately. ;) But yeah, the Reaver class is a very nice and (reasonably) balanced class, and takes a lot of skill to play well.

vintervargen

Banned
lighttank with charge and zone of unmana > cabby

i'd actually say a rr11 ml10 convoker NA druid.

i'm yet to be solo'd on my druid.

Chilly

Balls of steel
thats a point, smite/rej cleric with a buffbot is pretty lethal too witha ll the shit, two personal bos, tonnes of healing etc

Helme

Resident Freddy
Either any of the hib casters becouse of baseline stun, light eldrich being the best or sorc.

Any GOOD sorc can beat a BD with no problem at all.

Hib casters just stun and nuke. If he don't kill the bd he wont really have a problem doing so becouse the lifetap isnt THAT high delve.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Helme said:
Either any of the hib casters becouse of baseline stun, light eldrich being the best or sorc.

Any GOOD sorc can beat a BD with no problem at all.

Hib casters just stun and nuke. If he don't kill the bd he wont really have a problem doing so becouse the lifetap isnt THAT high delve.
BDs are piss, as long as youv got moc up

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ahum, let me remind you about warlocks again. They INSTA kill, and their range is far greater than anything you've mentioned. So chambers up, warlock is your beast.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
imo givf remains when u kill a warlock :) i want one over my fireplace! :D

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
I'd probably pick a rr12 ml10 battlemaster Friar. Empty Mind 3 + Self resist buffs + item resist should nullify much of the damage potential of casters.

ST3 would be useful vs tanks allowing some nice positional chains. Also great for stunning bd pets :) They'd probably have a bit of trouble vs theurgs chain stunning pet and vs necro absorb like most tanks but I think, but they have a pretty good chance vs most other classes

Helme

Resident Freddy
About Warlocks, getting them after they had a fight 1on1 and bursted all thiere chambers, they dont got a chance really while other classes do.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Helme said:
About Warlocks, getting them after they had a fight 1on1 and bursted all thiere chambers, they dont got a chance really while other classes do.

I know, after chambers they're dead meat mostly, however I thought the thread starter said "everything up"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom