Is there such a beast?

Chilly

Balls of steel
As a char that can consistently (at least 60 or 70% success rate) beat every other class (including classes from same realm) in the game.

Obviously this uber mega wtfpwn leet char is rr11 and ml10 and has fully kitted out SC.

any thoughts? I was thinking possibly a sorc (moc, rr5, lifetap is pretty insane, but is it 100% i-win?)

This is all 1v1 ofc :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
iv beated many BDs with my various RAs and magic toys on my sorc tho...

wel have to assume for each fight all RAs, artis, abils are up, else it gets messy, and tbh its not that uncommon for a char to be 100% combat ready

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
a bd with uber strafing skillz can get any class imo(on 1 vs 1 that is)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
To me it seems obvious...reaver bomb? If all RAs are up etc...

/Dracus

Chilly

Balls of steel
im not talking about the hardest character, im talking about a chracter that can beat everything, a merc can get owned by a sorc with all his RAs up im sure

Groag

Loyal Freddie
To be honest, I seriously hope there isn't any class that can consistently beat all others.

I know everyone here moans about balance, but if such a class exists then there's no hope.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Warlocks coming to a theater near you! Chambers up = nasty upfront damage.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
A character that can beat every class in the game 70% of the time (so for example only 10% of the time is that class going to have MOC, purge, RR5 ability etc), I'd say it would have to be a bonedancer. The only other class that could consistently beat a BD (assuming RAs etc aren't up) would be a sorc with a stun pet, and even then it would be close.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Naetha said:
A character that can beat every class in the game 70% of the time (so for example only 10% of the time is that class going to have MOC, purge, RR5 ability etc), I'd say it would have to be a bonedancer. The only other class that could consistently beat a BD (assuming RAs etc aren't up) would be a sorc with a stun pet, and even then it would be close.

moc3, mezz pets, kill bd. Not that hard. :p

A sorc could probably kill most cept cabalist and sm (both got lifetaps, caba got debuff and stunning pet). Tanks can't touch them due to rr5 ra + moc3, casters will die because of moc3 + lifetap.

My bet 1on1 with toa ras etc is sorc.

Edit: Dunno if the purge works for pet when bd isen't mezzed, but can kill commander anyways first since moc is 30 secs. ;)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Light Eld of course!

AOE mezz > bd.

Red ns > sorc or any caster (cant lifetap me if you cant get in range... and i got arms length4thewin).

Tilda

I'd say a reaver, with all tricks up and half a brain would be able to atleast give all classes mentioned a damn good fight.
Mercs and zerks also are hard, mercs moreso though.

Tilda

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Banespike+charge 3+pain 5+250 qui+400 odd str+battler debuff is very hard to survive from...especially if it's a good zerker in vendo.

But then again so is a cabalist/sorc who has several brittle guards and moc 3 aswell as ml9 convoker.

Stinkies

Fledgling Freddie
In theory a cabby is able to beat a BD, by Nearsighting the BD, aoe dotting the BD and its pets, and then setting its ml9 sim onto the BD while running away from the BD to prevent him being lifetapped. Maybe even throw in an aoe disease.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodhunter said:
yeah skills, slam levi levi levi bombs if needed

funny how just cos reavers suddenly became overpowered they are considerered no skill classes.. :m00:

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Surprised no-one has mentioned Air-Specced Theurgs. AOE-mezz + 2000-range chain-stunning pets + hard nukes. Bonedancer might have some joy with insta-LT I guess, but I imagine most classes would struggle.

Arguing with myself now...banelord merc with charge3 would probably beat that...

Dunno :/

Tilda

Stinkies said:
In theory a cabby is able to beat a BD, by Nearsighting the BD, aoe dotting the BD and its pets, and then setting its ml9 sim onto the BD while running away from the BD to prevent him being lifetapped. Maybe even throw in an aoe disease.
If cabby is in aoe dot range, BD is in lifetap range. And unless cabby has more end pots that the BD, or speed, BD can lifetap.

Sycho, A zerk can be good, but them i'd have thought that a merc, with similar stats/abilities - just dirty tricks rather than vendo would beat a zerk. Just DT when he vendos or something?

Bloodhunter, reavers have always been a good class, just because we have a few i-win buttons dosnt mean we suddenly require no skill. A good reaver will use parry and block chain as well as indigo-followup, chant twisting, lifetapping nearby low con mobs, etc etc.
There is a huge difference between an average fotm reaver, and a well played reaver.
Ironicly similar to scouts, the pre-fotm ones tend to be vastly better than the fotm "oo scouts rock lets roll one" ones.

Tilda

Afran

Part of the furniture
Killswitch said:
Surprised no-one has mentioned Air-Specced Theurgs. AOE-mezz + 2000-range chain-stunning pets + hard nukes. Bonedancer might have some joy with insta-LT I guess, but I imagine most classes would struggle.

Arguing with myself now...banelord merc with charge3 would probably beat that...

Dunno :/

My theurgist is wind, a merc would be kinda hard. :) I would have to start from max range and get some air pets and ice pets off, as they got lots of interupts at high rr/ml, like sycho xD Jamies is a hard fight because he has loads of interupts/debuffs, and interupts me a lot ;<

Sorc > Merc > Reaver > Caba > BD is probably the best 5 on 1v1 in order :p (Depending on specs ofc ~)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
Sycho, A zerk can be good, but them i'd have thought that a merc, with similar stats/abilities - just dirty tricks rather than vendo would beat a zerk. Just DT when he vendos or something?

Hmm, mercs seem to hit a lot harder than zerkers, think merc would win, if they had both had all RA/ML's up to make it "fair" :eek:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
1v1 a Warlock just has too much frontloaded damage for ANY class, I've seen the screenies and they make me sick, wtg Mythic :worthy:

Exinferis

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
If cabby is in aoe dot range, BD is in lifetap range. And unless cabby has more end pots that the BD, or speed, BD can lifetap.

Tilda

but if cabby has nearsighted the bonedancer the bd wont be in range when you aedot him :eek:

cabby will roxor anything

Chilly

Balls of steel
i rekon cabby might win it tbh, jugger stun pet, nearsight, moc lifetap, brittle guards, debuffs. can anything really compete? i spose if an uber zerker or merc got to the cabby then it could prolly own it, but i expect the cabby could floor anyhting coming for it with moc up b4 it got there assuming it didnt get jumped blind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom