Is there any use for Hero's any more

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
After a year playing WOW, I've been thinking about quitting and dusting of my scale armour and trying DAoC again. I'm just a bit worried that I've seen people saying heros are an obsolete tank these days. I have a lvl 50 champ, but not sure I could face doing master levels again, so was really hoping the hero was still viable.

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
DeT5 LW hero

go warlord ml10 and have fun ^^

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
hehe nah im ml8 battlemaster ^^ having fun being a BG bot with spear :D

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
get det 5 and go LW 50 and 42 shield and rest is up to you.

ML line is best to have warlord.

2 blademasters and 1 hero = 2 banelords and 1 warlord.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
get det 5 and go LW 50 and 42 shield and rest is up to you.

ML line is best to have warlord.

2 blademasters and 1 hero = 2 banelords and 1 warlord.

depending on ur grp tbh, rather have 2 bgs + grapples that 1warlord. and why go LW CS do same amount of LW, but appently fotm is lw

Twist

Fledgling Freddie
Frozodo said:
why go LW CS do same amount of LW, but appently fotm is lw

LW gives 2 damage types (slash & crush) vs 1 (pierce) for CS + rear stun style ofc

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
no.

hero doesnt get into the top 8 group any more :(

things change m8, things change. i have a hero m8, and he had a really big prob getting grps, but now when he specced warlord, np getting grps

De$pot

One of Freddy's beloved
LW is fotm caus if you activate SoK as 2h lw its thrust damage so LW has all 3 types of damage.....

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
hehhe...hey there old khef:)
Nice to see you found ur way here finally. And finally got bored of wow^^
I have no real problems getting groups with solamnus when i have him on tbh.
Im in a big guild though and we usually have 1-2 fg running when we do rvr....so dont have to worry a lot about random groups. But also when im without guild the times i been standing there havent been a problem. Lots of people around due to clustering. So should be better then in past:) The people that say its dead for heroes are usually the ones that counts them out and dont want them in group imo:)
Naray is back from wow too...he in cla now with us. Give me or him a yell and we can tell you some more news.
Over and out..

smolf

Fledgling Freddie
KHEF! /hug

PUG's is as always shit (imo) so getting into a guild, or having some friends (donno if any of the old ppl you know still play) that runs groups offen is the key.
And again with friends and guild groups you wount have ppl yelling about running what they think is the 100% optimized group. I think hero's fit into groups as good as always. WL seems to be the most fun, as BG is a warden job.

Btw do you know if any of the other old cbh croud is thinking about returning too?

/kiss smolf

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep, thinking of comming back. WOW just doesn't really do it for me now and I'm always thinking about what a great game DAoC used to be. The thing that scares me is how much I disliked TOA even though I got my template made. I also never really got to grips with NF and that was the final nail in the coffin for me. I relied on PUG's for most of my DAoC life and they just totally dried up for me with NF (it was bad before then too). I also didn't like the new realm abilities and really had no idea what to get so I'm going to have a lot of learning to do.

I'm ml8 battlemaster, so if WL is what is wanted from a hero, I suppose I'd have to get ml9 and 10. Not keen on that tbh.

@ smolf. /hug back. ;) I don't think any (or many at least) of the CBH lot are thinking of comming back to DAoC.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey Khef,

If you are serious about coming back I'd suggest ToAing the champ (MLs are much easier than they where a year ago).

A well played hero is still great, but it's not regarded as optimal, and most groups would want a BM or a warden over a hero :(

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
lo khef! i remember you quit bc you had a baby, correct?

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to dissapoint, but as pointed out, heros arent that much use anymore, champs can do anything a hero better, that sums it up pretty much :)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Dallas said:
Sorry to dissapoint, but as pointed out, heros arent that much use anymore, champs can do anything a hero better, that sums it up pretty much :)

depends on the hero ..

klasa

Loyal Freddie
One of the argumetns for Champions are that they get the Banelord ML abilities. If you run in 3 tank group I would say that 2 banelords are enough. I think the Warlord is a nice addition with some nice abilities.

Secondly, I class well played is better then a FOTM BM in my opinion. And if you have a hard time getting PUG groups outside Druim Liegen find some good friends and play in smaller constalations.

I quit playing my FOTM banelord BM because I think my Hero is much more fun. Can still get groups but if I don't I just find some firends and have some fun in duo's, trio's or quartets.

That's all I have to say.

Eradicate

Fledgling Freddie
De$pot said:
LW is fotm caus if you activate SoK as 2h lw its thrust damage so LW has all 3 types of damage.....

You have SoK yourself as LW? I always thought SoK LW would be slash

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I hired a desperate hero to carry my stuff around as mule =)) So no, they defo have their use in DAoC =))

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
klasa said:
One of the argumetns for Champions are that they get the Banelord ML abilities. If you run in 3 tank group I would say that 2 banelords are enough. I think the Warlord is a nice addition with some nice abilities.

Secondly, I class well played is better then a FOTM BM in my opinion. And if you have a hard time getting PUG groups outside Druim Liegen find some good friends and play in smaller constalations.

I quit playing my FOTM banelord BM because I think my Hero is much more fun. Can still get groups but if I don't I just find some firends and have some fun in duo's, trio's or quartets.

That's all I have to say.

yep i like heros more than BMs and champs roxx tto. in todays rvr ofc heros dont have los of uses, but whit smaller grps they shine.

PS change your sig m8

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
if u run with 2 casters the hero dosent fit in. Its ok to go with heros in random spicka grps , but in guild grps or mix grps i doubt any want em :p

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
seems no one really care to take into consideration what you like to play these days. Why play something you dont like cause its needed???.
I would rather play another game then lol.
Its like saying to a friend that really really got the urge to eat some crisps to a movie: Hey...pal eat some brocoli instead....thats more healthy for you, i know its not as tasty....but its better for you:p

klasa

Loyal Freddie
ebenezer said:
seems no one really care to take into consideration what you like to play these days. Why play something you dont like cause its needed???.
I would rather play another game then lol.
Its like saying to a friend that really really got the urge to eat some crisps to a movie: Hey...pal eat some brocoli instead....thats more healthy for you, i know its not as tasty....but its better for you:p

Well, that's exactly what I decided to do. Plying the Hero I love instead of plying my templated blademaster. :D

So start playing your Hero spec high in determination and you will hardly ever be out of action (passive RA's FTW). Soldiers Barricade is also a very nice RA, especially if you are able to spec high in it.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
BM, Hero and Champ train is rly great imo.
When hero has DET 5, sob3 and dont forget the warlord lvl 10 ability +25% abs(pbae 750 radius 35 sec 10 min timer)
-Very hard to stop.

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Joor said:
BM, Hero and Champ train is rly great imo.
When hero has DET 5, sob3 and dont forget the warlord lvl 10 ability +25% abs(pbae 750 radius 35 sec 10 min timer)
-Very hard to stop.

I actually think the game was designed with this in mind. That diffrent profession was meant to be in a group complementing each other. Sad that the FOTM people only can run one tank and one caster class at the time.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
klasa said:
I actually think the game was designed with this in mind. That diffrent profession was meant to be in a group complementing each other. Sad that the FOTM people only can run one tank and one caster class at the time.

I guess atm all want banelords for the extra interrupt and I agree to some point that it sure helps....only BM and champ have that though, not hero.

I'm not much into tanks tbh, but I think this is the main point and as I don't have Banelord on Valkyrie I don't care much about that aswell :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom