Is there any point logging on?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
or would i just find myself alone in the frontiers atm?

just saw the server numbers..like 2k+ on classic, but only 3/400 spread between excal and pryd ^^

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
as stealther yes it worth ;) finaly what i was looking for only 1 vs 1 fights 12 so far :p

Ging

Part of the furniture
dude, i know this may come as a surprise to you but alot of players will be at work/school/hospital/police cell/prison/in court at this time of the day, most of the higher rr' players will be collecting their giro's.

I wont be going on classic server.

Month 1
The set guild groups will be lvl 50 in about 1-2 weeks max, they will then perma farm darkspire, there will be no crafters so DF will be perma farmed once again.

Month2
Set groups will be starting to roam at this point, eating up the <lvl50 rog wearing non boofed zergs who want to experince the olde emain once again

Month3
Poeple bored with getting perma farmed by set gg's, Warlocks, Bainshees & Vamps will start to drift back to cluster, frustration bleeding out of every pore in their bodies.

Month4
As the fodder rp's move back to cluster the set grps find that they don't pwn as much against other like minded op'ted groups. The RP's start to fall as they run through an empty emain and so to get their pwn-fix (tm) they also move back to where the rp's are.

Month5
Classic population down to approx 300

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
True. And there will be no option to prolong the server life because there is nothing to merge it with. Decline will be rapid and final.

Psst: there won't be any old Emain on Classic servers. It's not THAT classic. You just can't get into ToA, that's it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Minstrel said:
as stealther yes it worth ;) finaly what i was looking for only 1 vs 1 fights 12 so far :p

hahah,

1vs1 fight? You mean standing near 2 hib casters group stealthed and fiotan (sp!)

Mind you that was 2 hrs or so ago. Was rather lame and i didnt even get to emote spam you. One time you attacked alone you ran off then fiotan attacked me :(

In short, if your a stealther you may be ok but there are shit people zerging about in stealth (poisonarrow etc)

If your visable no chance, group of hibs running, group of mids running all zerging down everything they can find

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Corran said:
but there are shit people zerging about in stealth (poisonarrow etc)

let me guess:
Poisonarrow, chaosstar, delvaira, ...?

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
hahah,

1vs1 fight? You mean standing near 2 hib casters group stealthed and fiotan (sp!)

Mind you that was 2 hrs or so ago. Was rather lame and i didnt even get to emote spam you. One time you attacked alone you ran off then fiotan attacked me :(

In short, if your a stealther you may be ok but there are shit people zerging about in stealth (poisonarrow etc)

If your visable no chance, group of hibs running, group of mids running all zerging down everything they can find

yea next time i ll just follow u into the guards ok? happy? casters grp stealthed? wtf u smoking?:eek7:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Nows an ideal time to go farm those rare popping artifacts ^^

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
dude, i know this may come as a surprise to you but alot of players will be at work/school/hospital/police cell/prison/in court at this time of the day, most of the higher rr' players will be collecting their giro's.

Month 1
The set guild groups will be lvl 50 in about 1-2 weeks max, they will then perma farm darkspire, there will be no crafters so DF will be perma farmed once again.

Month2
Set groups will be starting to roam at this point, eating up the <lvl50 rog wearing non boofed zergs who want to experince the olde emain once again

Month3
Poeple bored with getting perma farmed by set gg's, Warlocks, Bainshees & Vamps will start to drift back to cluster, frustration bleeding out of every pore in their bodies.

Month4
As the fodder rp's move back to cluster the set grps find that they don't pwn as much against other like minded op'ted groups. The RP's start to fall as they run through an empty emain and so to get their pwn-fix (tm) they also move back to where the rp's are.

Month5

Hehe this is one of the reasons i didn't move to EU classic :) Honestly going to be interesting to see what the pop is in like 3-4 months time. Wouldn't surprise me if server is almost dead.
In US they had 2 more then full servers plus 1 almost full server when they launched. Now only Gareth is really playable, Ector is dead, Lamorak has like 1k US primetime.
Plus since the other classic server is German i guess they can't cluster them either..

Corran

Part of the furniture
Minstrel said:
yea next time i ll just follow u into the guards ok? happy? casters grp stealthed? wtf u smoking?:eek7:

It's called group stealth you know! Quite humerous that they broke it to chase me and still couldnt get it.

And no i wouldnt expect you to chase me into teh guards, that why you picked a dumb place to attack. Especially as i knew there at least 3 more hibs in the area that happily add on anything that moves.

Comos said:
let me guess:
Poisonarrow, chaosstar, delvaira, ...?

Was Urizen this time, a fool that thinks if someone laughs at them 4 times he can get them banned. And gets people to start messaging me about it. Shame he really doesnt understand things very well...

He also has the funny idea that a caster should wait 20minutes to get 4 brittles up each time they go into rvr. And that if they dont they skill-less. So skill-less that one with a single brittleguard can kill him easily :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
and what the fuck is the problem with 3-4 months of pure funzor ? :eek:

its sweet tbh, can experience something new till toa gets easymode + Dr arrives \o/

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
kirennia said:
Nows an ideal time to go farm those rare popping artifacts ^^

wow someone sees the positive side of classic stealing the population :D

Ging

Part of the furniture
Dorin said:
and what the fuck is the problem with 3-4 months of pure funzor ? :eek:

its sweet tbh, can experience something new till toa gets easymode + Dr arrives \o/

define pure-funzor? Jesus christ its exactly the same but no artis or ml's. This means basically it will be caster heavy as there wont be the banelord interupts and charge wont be available to most tanks due to the high (ish) rr requirment.

I was under the assumption it was going to be classic as in "old frontiers" - cheers for the correction, another reason not to go :)

Peronally i dont relish pve for a month or so (ie no part of a set lvling gg) then getting chained by the set grps!

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
It's called group stealth you know! Quite humerous that they broke it to chase me and still couldnt get it.

And no i wouldnt expect you to chase me into teh guards, that why you picked a dumb place to attack. Especially as i knew there at least 3 more hibs in the area that happily add on anything that moves.

Was Urizen this time, a fool that thinks if someone laughs at them 4 times he can get them banned. And gets people to start messaging me about it. Shame he really doesnt understand things very well...

He also has the funny idea that a caster should wait 20minutes to get 4 brittles up each time they go into rvr. And that if they dont they skill-less. So skill-less that one with a single brittleguard can kill him easily :p

U should drop the weed man its bad for u imo. I dont grp i said once gonna say it again i grped with Shorti;s NS for a run and didnt like it never did it again ....grped with a mate of mine on his ranger when i was rr3 didnt like it never grped with him again and since then i never grped with anyone and i dont intend to do it . As for Faiotan from what seen hes only solo.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
define pure-funzor? Jesus christ its exactly the same but no artis or ml's. This means basically it will be caster heavy as there wont be the banelord interupts and charge wont be available to most tanks due to the high (ish) rr requirment.

:D.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:

lol comon then VF, let em guess your playing either a theurgist, cabby or sorc in your classic grp? :)

actually i jsut had an evil thought!

your gonna go for 2x ice wizz grp!

hmmm set up as follows

2 cleric
1 sorc (possibly body to debuff cold)
2 Ice wizz
1 x paladin
1 x friar
1 x mincer

?

Or the olde alb debuff grp

2 cleric
2 body sorc
2 spirit cabalists
1 mind sorc
1 friar

?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
lol comon then VF, let em guess your playing either a theurgist, cabby or sorc in your classic grp? :)

cleric actually ;)

and without resistpierce, spelldamage, bodyguard, cure nearsight there won't be many pure mage groups out.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Minstrel said:
U should drop the weed man its bad for u imo. I dont grp i said once gonna say it again i grped with Shorti;s NS for a run and didnt like it never did it again ....grped with a mate of mine on his ranger when i was rr3 didnt like it never grped with him again and since then i never grped with anyone and i dont intend to do it . As for Faiotan from what seen hes only solo.

Who said you were grouped with them? I said there was more then just you there and believe me they were group stealthed at points. I was warned about it before i even got to the bridge hence i knew it was a trap. I merely stated i knew there were other hibs in the AREA you were in. And as such i take actions to insure they dont bother me during a fight. They proved on more then one occasion inside 10 minutes that they will add whenever they could.

I dont care if they were grouped with you or not, the fact is their playstyle affect my actions when fighting you. The fact faiotan does happily add if things going bad for someone (not all time but sometimes) was factored in as i had seen him there, the fact he proved when i was chasing you after peeling you off me and he jumped on me.

Maybe you should read what im saying and not what you think im implying. Just stated in first post that 1vs1 isnt that when you have people helping you!

Just because i said they had group stealth didnt say that YOU grouped with them. Just because i stated they would add on fights with you didnt mean that you were grouped with them. Just because you and they were in the same rough area didnt mean i said you were grouped with them.

If you want to read it differently then thats up to you, aint my problem. I stated it plain enough once more for you though.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
cleric actually ;)

and without resistpierce, spelldamage, bodyguard, cure nearsight there won't be many pure mage groups out.

Aye, hybrid groups are the best to go, be a return to the old days where you had a MOB5 shield tank doing a hard task of actually using guard. Casters needing to avoid NS and if they are ns work out if they should purge it or wait for the next CC to land and purge both at once. The lght tanks having to remember they cant charge into middle of casters out of heal range as they havent got all the aoe interupts and that they aint stun immune anymore etc etc.

It will bring challenge back to the game, I just opted to not find a good guild for it though and play a different game instead :D

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
funny to me that all those players that screamed for the classic etc, many of those really hates pve....and from my experience so far i i felt how much pve its gonna be again...to get all items and get to 50 etc all over again...goodness....they will puke their guts out before they get to rvr again for reall:p
Just same old grind again....with new characters:)

i wouldn't say there is any fucking point at all logging on. try going anywhere to rvr the twats of the server seemed to have doubled since classic came up.

go Bled and find Slitzskaft with 4 other stealthers and some sm's
go Bled again and get jumped by 2 stealthers with a spreadheal/di bot stuck in tower
go Bled, got just less than a fg camping drop off point, try to make a quick escape and a sm follows, along with a kick ass Hunter.

and to get to this fun, you've gotta get past the goodness of almost 2fg hibs roaming near alb docks

go hib... zzzz *tumbleweed* fuck all there.

so nope, wouldnt waste your time logging on

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
you forgot to mention the Mid zerg around Bold :)
And yea there where problably a Alb zerg around somewhere to , but i ddnt run into it today

Ging

Part of the furniture
Notirt said:
you forgot to mention the Mid zerg around Bold :)
And yea there where problably a Alb zerg around somewhere to , but i ddnt run into it today

lies, most albs are currently rolling warlocks to show the mid 6 buttoners how it should be done!

achaius

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:

Month 1

Month2

Month3

Month4

Month5

Sexy and Perceptive FFS - Ging for President!:clap:

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
:worthy:
Ging said:

Month 1

Month2

Month3

Month4

Month5

Couldnt agree more.

---------------
Ging said:
most of the higher rr' players will be collecting their giro's
rofl :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom