!!!! Is There A Realm That Cares !!!!

N

Noche

Have a mincer /stick on u. Easy enough if that mincer´s not afking

N

nanorch

Originally posted by old.Leel
Sweets, my main doesn't even have 100k rp yet, but still I consider myself reasonably seasoned in rvr. Been playing daoc rather hardcore for 10 months. Rp's don't tell everything you know.

Actually they tend to tell who the real rp hoe's really are. Those people who become discontented when the people around them 'refuse' to cooperate with their particular system of 'pharming' rp.

Aussie, at over 800k rp (iirc) you, Sir, are an rp hoe. You said it somewhere on this board in the past, you gather approx. 20k+ per day. A daily objective if you like. So which comes first? The spirit of the game in terms of realm defence and purging the frontiers of our enemies, or, some insatiable psychological need for more rp than 'everyone else'? (If latter, I wonder why.....but thats another discussion...........)

In direct comparison to you, you are 100% correct, these other people are n00bs when compared to your seemingly unending desire for evermore realm points. It may shock, nay!, stun you! to learn this but many many people play for fun. And nothing else.

Frankly I've run at Mids/Hibs many times cos Im so f**king bored listening to the sh!talk coming from 'leaders' who believe they have 'sussed' the 'tactics' that will earn them more rp and to f*ck with everything else.

And who cares if 50+ Albs/Hibs/Mids die in succesive zergs? When you get zerged are you more concerned about the integrity and honour of the realm/guild or about your lost opportunity to pharm? Be very honest please should you choose to reply.

For the record Im not a great supporter of the rp system and even less so of the RA system. This neither promotes or nurtures cooperative gaming something I am a supporter of. Many 'silly mistakes' or 'n00blike behaviour' can be attributed to the pursuit of those few rp more. Furthermore, Emain is complete and utter tripe. Zerging is utter tripe. It is mind-numbing repetitious horse manure and people moving thru level 40 - 45 who take time to go there get a very bad introduction , imo, to what RvR was meant to be about. In fact ZvZ is what it has become in recent months. And people like you, Aussie, do nothing to improve it.

I take it you were never a n00b yourself? Of course you have the 'skill' to sit for 1000's of hours behind your PC('s(?)) doing the same f**king thing day in day out. When 'n00bs' come along and they don't comply with your (and others) wishes you chastise them openly (this will teach them...right?) , and after a few more 'zerg rules' infringements, you and your 'uber-group-of-seasoned-"mousepusherkeyboardbuttonpushing" military supremos seperate yourselves from the nerd herd and probably , imo, try to form a 'better' zerg force for yourselves. All in the name of rp. And rp alone.

Whats my point?

umm...I've forgotten.....bah

N

nanorch

Afterthought:

Aussie Im not trying to attack/insult/offend you personally. You just made some comments that have describe how radically this game has changed since I started playing (late January as a MMO n00b). There are many other long term players who share the same views as yourself and I condemn this train of thought and dislike the way in which the game has evolved amongst the players throughout my time here.

RP-hoe (insatiabulus realmaxpointulus appetitus) mindset is an afflicition caused by linear thought processes and is inherently narrowly scoped in terms of gameplay. You must tolerate/excuse those who have not caught this dreadful disease yet and always bear in mind......they wont all become addicts.

E

Ensceptifica

I do not like it when people focus too much on getting rps themselves, but I dislike it even more when people explain everything they see in terms of farming rps ("we're not attacking a defended keep so you can farm rps" or "they're running to amg while I told em not to, so they're rps-whores", for example).

People who simply skirmish a lot, prefer some good tactics, have a certain collection of people they prefer grouping with and avoid zergs and keep takes, aren't necessarily the unsportive/intolerant/elitist people that some posts on here suggest. Getting a lot of rps is good, as long as you have fun in the process and not spoil that of others. Good indications that this does not apply to someone is when they don't talk in a /cg or share information unless it's to flame, accuse or insult people for whatever it was that stopped them from gettings rps or giving enemies rps. It's when I encounter people like that, that I wish the whole RA thing had never been introduced.

N

Negura`

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
How u suppose to keep a cloth wearing one hit dying class alive with a zerker or dare I say any tank on him?!?

Tell me oh wise Novamir

Its easy - BT blocks out teh 1st blow, and if the caster is buffed up a bit to 1050+ HP - and they have a shield tank or a minstrel next to them then even if they get a hit in - you still get a 6-9 second stun when you can get away, healed and dmg on the evul tank that is hitting you! :clap: >it actually works<

N

Northstarr

Originally posted by Arthwyr

No it doesn't

sorry im affraid it does. the thread saying how 90% of clerics smite instead of healing and rezzing, ppl dont listen, you have to spam lfg for 5 minuites b4 u even get a reply

also wildfire saying about loyalty and all that. i didnt leave because im disloyal i left because this is a game, games are too have fun. it was a hard choice to leave but in the end i wasnt having fun

N

Novamir

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
How u suppose to keep a cloth wearing one hit dying class alive with a zerker or dare I say any tank on him?!?

- mez/root the enemies first
- mez/root purges
- stun free runners
- shield tank guarding mage, slams incoming
- mage of course has 2x con buffs
- sensible mage has high slash/crush/body resists
- pulsing BT
- after mez, or not, sorc sprints and wastes enemies endurance.

the fact you had to ask that question is quite sad. I teamed loads in the early days trying to keep Tylar alive, and more recently lots of teaming with Crey.

W

Wou

hehe,

Will never forget that moment that I was eating grass ( stealther ), at least 3 palla's and 2 cleric's come and stand next to me with their groups.
My friends had to ask 3 times for a rez before they rezzed, no hib or mid around...

But most times they are so nice to rezz you when they see you ;)

O

old.Akirai

sorry im affraid it does. the thread saying how 90% of clerics smite instead of healing and rezzing

Yeah but friars and paladins ress for fun as they dont really need their mana ;)

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by nanorch

Actually they tend to tell who the real rp hoe's really are. Those people who become discontented when the people around them 'refuse' to cooperate with their particular system of 'pharming' rp.

Aussie, at over 800k rp (iirc) you, Sir, are an rp hoe. You said it somewhere on this board in the past, you gather approx. 20k+ per day. A daily objective if you like. So which comes first? The spirit of the game in terms of realm defence and purging the frontiers of our enemies, or, some insatiable psychological need for more rp than 'everyone else'? (If latter, I wonder why.....but thats another discussion...........)

In direct comparison to you, you are 100% correct, these other people are n00bs when compared to your seemingly unending desire for evermore realm points. It may shock, nay!, stun you! to learn this but many many people play for fun. And nothing else.

Frankly I've run at Mids/Hibs many times cos Im so f**king bored listening to the sh!talk coming from 'leaders' who believe they have 'sussed' the 'tactics' that will earn them more rp and to f*ck with everything else.

And who cares if 50+ Albs/Hibs/Mids die in succesive zergs? When you get zerged are you more concerned about the integrity and honour of the realm/guild or about your lost opportunity to pharm? Be very honest please should you choose to reply.

For the record Im not a great supporter of the rp system and even less so of the RA system. This neither promotes or nurtures cooperative gaming something I am a supporter of. Many 'silly mistakes' or 'n00blike behaviour' can be attributed to the pursuit of those few rp more. Furthermore, Emain is complete and utter tripe. Zerging is utter tripe. It is mind-numbing repetitious horse manure and people moving thru level 40 - 45 who take time to go there get a very bad introduction , imo, to what RvR was meant to be about. In fact ZvZ is what it has become in recent months. And people like you, Aussie, do nothing to improve it.

I take it you were never a n00b yourself? Of course you have the 'skill' to sit for 1000's of hours behind your PC('s(?)) doing the same f**king thing day in day out. When 'n00bs' come along and they don't comply with your (and others) wishes you chastise them openly (this will teach them...right?) , and after a few more 'zerg rules' infringements, you and your 'uber-group-of-seasoned-"mousepusherkeyboardbuttonpushing" military supremos seperate yourselves from the nerd herd and probably , imo, try to form a 'better' zerg force for yourselves. All in the name of rp. And rp alone.

Whats my point?

umm...I've forgotten.....bah

Cant help but see it this way myself.. good points well made.

A

andruril

Ummm actually, Why bother with Emain? all it is is zergs, zergs and more zergs.... impossible to kill someone unless you have a bigger zerg (Look, i have a big knife... Mines even bigger. I win)

*This could be a male thing, correct me if im wrong :D*

Anyhow, forget emain, corrupt DF scum and all the hibs and mids that use it!

You only need 1Fg of 40+ to get through, then you can just pop off the mids when u get there!

(It is kinda mean, but its intended to happen :))

CONSTANT VIGELANCE!!!

Umm right. as you were.

S

sweets

Nice Done Mate. :)

Originally posted by Khalen
Jo Sweets, saved your ass from that nasty elf :)
#####################################
############ Thanks Mate ###############
###Next Time i Try And Do The Same For you :) ####
#####################################
If Im Not dead before :) darn seems like when they se That
Bigg ZZZzzzz They target the caster :)
An my Luck Is out

C

Cloak_

Well,, I get annoyed *sometimes* depends what mood im in,, Have a bad few runs ill blame every1 but myself ^^

This mainly comes from v.poor RvR groups who cannot keep me alive,,

I mezz a Zerker stood on top of me (dunno how i did it though lol) and i know lets hit him UNstyled so he can just kill me in 2 more hits ^^ lol just gets me mad that with so many tanks/mages capable of stun that I died (only mezzer hence we all died gah)
Then Ill go solo a bit and die,, see grps run over me, so ill moan that i dint get a rez nm if they was chasing some grey con or sommets lol

WORST thing was training 1fg albs to 2fg of hibs and the hibs did nothing, :(

Ahh well most were prolly afk etc
I consider myself kinda well pld in RvR (just not when my frikkin m8`s decide to play while im at work grrr) and most grps ive been in will (i hope lol) say that Im a good bard..

One of the things I have learnt most is this:
LISTEN TO ORDERS
OMFG is all realm had 1 person who EVERY! listened to they would be uber (assuming said leader isnt a gimp ;) )
If the leader says DONT GO TOWER ITS TRAP,, then ITS A TRAP ffs lol

O yea dont moan about gettin whacked up in 2 hits coz as a bard (full buffed over 1700hp) i go down v.fast aswell (to grps that know wtf they doin neway) 2-3secs to cast a heal isnt always enough to save some1`s life when they gettin whacked for over 1/2 hp a time anyway ESPECIALLY when they have more than 1 aggressor

@Nova
He was running down a hill,, if he had 2 ppl nuking him,, how wud ya save him?

R

Reverant Mezz

Originally posted by old.Leel
Sweets, my main doesn't even have 100k rp yet, but still I consider myself reasonably seasoned in rvr. Been playing daoc rather hardcore for 10 months. Rp's don't tell everything you know.

correct mate :)

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by old.Akirai

Yeah but friars and paladins ress for fun as they dont really need their mana ;)

you obviously played with crap friars then

D

-Dreama-

if you don't remember
That is the pic posted by Aussie, and one I really must laugh rather hard at.

Get your facts right before you go calling people noobs.
I died on the wall the first time, just after sending that post to Aussie. When I died on the other side of the wall it was after jumping off the wall trying to suicide and someone gettting the last hit on me. At no time did I rush the mids that day, or any other day during a wall fight. So in respons to the "hehe noob" comment, I must say Aussie, you have once again proven your self the King of noobs when it comes to inaccurate info.

A

Aussie-

wow that's smart, suiciding by jumping of wall at enemy side.
our side was no option? T_T

D

-Dreama-

Not when jumping off it once doesn't kill me, and if I so choose to suicide on a mid or hib, that choice is mine, and has nothing to do with you, therefore your comments on my choice of suicide methodes is irrelevant

C

CrimsonHaze

We are the NightHawks, Albion will rule again under Arthurs dominion. Death to the heathen hibernian faerie and midgard barbarians.

S

Spyf

played time

if im called a n00b because i dont have the same amount of played time as f.eks. aussie whop i bet have loads of played time then fuck albion, if experiensed ppl dont have time to tell it more than once.
I bet all you wise guys made the same mistake more than once and now sitting here and call the people who make same mistakes for n00bs.
All i can say to that is: up yours fellas

C

Chenuba

Re: played time

Originally posted by Spyf
if im called a n00b because i dont have the same amount of played time as f.eks. aussie whop i bet have loads of played time then fuck albion, if experiensed ppl dont have time to tell it more than once.
I bet all you wise guys made the same mistake more than once and now sitting here and call the people who make same mistakes for n00bs.
All i can say to that is: up yours fellas

LoL Spyf you n00b :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom