Is there a music bug?

Arrandor

Regular Freddie
I have the in-game music turned right down, yet when I tab to the desktop and tab back its back up loud again (even though the control shows it low), I have to move the music control a little to put it back to its previous level, i.e. low).

It does this in windowed and non-windowed mode.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah - I get occasions if alt-tabbed etc when the music defaults to being loud unless I zone or the soundtrack changes or sommat - can be annoying.

Arrandor

Regular Freddie
Thanks for the confirmation, be nice to see a fix for this.

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
It's done the same for me everytime I alt-tab since about the third patch from the game being released.

Very annoying because I often pop-out to use our forums, thottbot and to see who any new voices are on Ventrilo, I go back into the game and get my ears blown out.

[edit: I forgot to say, it does correct itself once the current piece of music has finished playing. This doesn't help in some zones where the music is really long but in others just bear with it for 10-15 seconds and it all balances out OK.]

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I uses titan bar meself which has a volume control in the top right, it's handy for quickly adjusting the sound when I alt-tab back into the game.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
I play in a window and this happens all the time when going from game > IRC/Forums/Thottbot etc..

Titan Bar volume control is handy for that, i've also noticed that if you change zone the music/sounds reset to the volume you had it before (although i don't have the music playing anyway)

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
its one of the old bugs that cant really be fixed, has something to do with wow taking over the windows settings, and since its on full (normal) there, it gets really loud, i just turn music off, heard all of it already anyway :)

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Foadon said:
its one of the old bugs that cant really be fixed, has something to do with wow taking over the windows settings, and since its on full (normal) there, it gets really loud, i just turn music off, heard all of it already anyway :)
Whilst I see your reasoning behind this I do think it's misguided; WoW didn't do it when it was first released and no other game I know of suffers the same problem when they're ALT-TABbed.

Co-incidently (or not?) this bug arrived in the same patch that altered the little drum-roll (that you got when you logged in a character, the bar reached the end and the game-screen loaded) with a nasty 'speaker being turned on' click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom