Is the whole world useless ?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, Aada does seem like a moron but I'll not have another word said against Buffy, is that perfectly clear??!?

:D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
buffy - I would have once, but not any more. also, since CC was in playboy I've not watched any buffy-related programs.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Ho Ho Hoo, the irony of Wij's thread going off topic. :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Eerily enough, I never fancied Buffy. I genuinely watched it for the show :\

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
i remember (hazily) that delivery companies were the subject of "Brassed off Britain" .

Basically, there is FECK ALL you can do about these "late", non existent deliveries except hassle the company you bought it from.

It is their courier that is at fault. They outsourced the deliveries to that courier. As far as you are concerned there is no different companies involved. The company that you purchased the goods from is responsible for ensuring that you receive your product.

Check your consumer rights. You paid for it - you are entitled to it. Give the shop grief (politely, but firmly)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Damini said:
Firstly, it is possible to take action without having to be a raving angry loon about it. If you don't lose your temper, and you act civil, but demand what is yours because you paid for it, then if someone decides to break you're stuff because of it, I'm pretty sure that you're not the one being an arsehole.

Secondly, you obviously have a job where they are simply delighted at you taking repeated days off work in short succession and at short notice. Or perhaps, rather than spending your holiday allowance on somewhere like Greece, or Rome, you'd like to spend it sat by your front door, unable to even pop out to get a newspaper incase the delivery driver turns up, and then only to find that yet another day has been wasted. It has sweet F.A. to do with patience. If it was, then that would be a case of "two week delivery is too long, I WANT IT TOMORROW." It's not. It's a case of losing wages, losing holiday allowance, paying for a service you don't recieve, being made to act like a housebound pet, waiting patiently for master to arrive, and then being given the run around by people on the phone.

Not only that, but having PAID for delivery for an item you don't get, and then losing days from work only to be screwed around, you also don't have the item you paid for. It kind of added insult to injury for me having to go through all that crap with the Washing machine, and on top of it all to have to lug all my stuff down the laundrettes and pay out more money there too.

/rant over

Spot on :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
nath said:
Eerily enough, I never fancied Buffy. I genuinely watched it for the show :\
Quick I think Summo has an opening in the salon, you'd fit right in!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I seem to be quite lucky with regard to customer services, with the exception of two unfortunate occasions:

1) Compaq (Ipaq 3630)

The Ipaq screen went a bit loopy, so I sent it back with a fault number from their service dept. A fortnight later they sent me a letter saying the screen was cracked, that will be lots of money please. I phoned them, said the screen most certainly wasn't cracked, and will you please fix it immediately. It then took another 4 weeks of me at times swearing down the phone (got hung up on once), before a very nice manager phoned me up out of the blue, apologised profusely, and sent me a brand spanker. The main problem was that nobody at Compaq had the slightest idea what was going on. My Ipaq + where is it? = not a clue.

2) Comet

Went in for a 28" w/s telly. Out of stock. Fine, gimmie the 32" version instead. Great, 20 minutes later I shoved it in the back of the car (I used to drive a nice Volvo), drove home, unpacked it, discovered the Grand Canyon of cracks on the case. Took it straight back, 'oh sorry we have no more in stock'. 'right, I'll have the demo unit then.' 50 quid off for the demo unit, spiffy I thought. Got home again, discovered no fucking remote in the box. Now I'm really pissed off. Go back, they can't find one. So I get an equivalent. I complained bitterly the next day, and they gave me 50 quid or so in vouchers, which I used to buy a microwave. I should have lobbed the microwave through their window, but I'm too much of a wimp.

The lessons I've learned are:

1) Always try to buy from a local retailer (ie wij - furniture, plenty of places around me that make it themselves, places that have a reputation)
2) Always buy from recommendations from friends/neighbours etc
3) Do not ever accept failed deliveries. Complain, and always, always demand compensation, its the only way they'll improve their service
4) Haggle over the price in shops (you'd be amazed, walk out if they won't)
5) Don't bother with call centres when nothing is working, phone the head office

6) Tell them you work for BBC Watchdog. I've left Watchdog callsheets and BBC memos on the seat of my car when its being serviced, you'd be surprised how many free valets you get doing that :)

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
It's the major criticism of the good ol' brits innit? We time after time put up with lousy service.

I certainly wouldn't want to end up at the USA end-of-the-scale "have a nice day!!!" etc (poor sods working in the stores!), but I'd like what I paid for! I wouldn't mind being served by a grumpy dick - as long as I'm being served!

: p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
4th delivery attempt today. They actually arrived with the goods but it was completely smashed to pieces when they opened the packaging. The sideboard looked like it had been dropped 30 feet :)

The delivery blokes couldn't believe it and recommended it all went back. The store has re-ordered it. 5 weeks or so for the next attempt...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Christ man, cancel the order. Fuck them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What's the point ? The wife likes it. We're used to not having one now. We can wait. I'm just going to expect one HELL of a compensation package :)

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
i bet thats what the missus said on the wedding night

TdC

poor wij, but that really is shite service. bitch till you get a 50% rebate imo, and tell them you have family that both work for watchdog and are sicillian mobsters.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
TdC said:
poor wij, but that really is shite service. bitch till you get a 50% rebate imo, and tell them you have family that both work for watchdog and are sicillian mobsters.
Deebs probably has some contacts ;)

I would just like to take the time to point out that I too am completely useless.

Thankyou.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
ok - I'm appointing Deebs as my Caporegime.

Who's my Consigliere ?

TdC

not me, I just run an olive-oil import/export biz. capiche?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Wij said:
What's the point ? The wife likes it. We're used to not having one now. We can wait. I'm just going to expect one HELL of a compensation package :)

Anybody who treated me with such poor service wouldn't ever get my business again. And I would tell everyone in my neighbourhood about it too, so they'd know not to.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Tom said:
Anybody who treated me with such poor service wouldn't ever get my business again. And I would tell everyone in my neighbourhood about it too, so they'd know not to.

They won't get any more money from me that's for sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom