Is the whole Christmas thing a load of bollocks ?

• YES.

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • NO. None of that Bah Humbug here please ! Its Christmas ! Yay !

Votes: 27 56.3%

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
fuck it all

Only real thing about christmas is you slacking it off along with your family enjoying yourself :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
fumiste.... i believe thats the french version of "humbug" i found it fitting since we're posting on an offtopic section of a game that was ruined by french people :( so humbug to french xmas! humbug to a french xmas carol where Scrooge becomes Jean Claude and Tiny Tim because Jean Paul Gaultier!

Jean Paul Gaultier: My family is poor Jean Claude! have pitty! give us our lost items back!
Jean Claude: F**k off and join a Warhammer server you dog!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
fumiste.... i believe thats the french version of "humbug" i found it fitting since we're posting on an offtopic section of a game that was ruined by french people :( so humbug to french xmas! humbug to a french xmas carol where Scrooge becomes Jean Claude and Tiny Tim because Jean Paul Gaultier!

Jean Paul Gaultier: My family is poor Jean Claude! have pitty! give us our lost items back!
Jean Claude: F**k off and join a Warhammer server you dog!

a) Jean Claude Van Damme is belgian.

b) He actually did an advert for WoW so if anything, he'd be telling Jean Paul Gaultier to fuck off and join a WoW server ;)

Himse

FH is my second home

b) He actually did an advert for WoW so if anything, he'd be telling Jean Paul Gaultier to fuck off and join a WoW server ;)

K <the message you have entered is too short>

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Matters not! he's a man with a famous french name :p he was born "Jean-Claude Camille François Van Varenberg" despite his little advert for WoW I stand by what I said! he is the french scrooge!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
christmas is just the english/christian world's name for scandinavian yule. a kickass winter festival. and in nordic countries we do not celebrate christmas for the sake of christmas, we actually have yule (jul, jól, joulu, jõulud etc) instead with the most important day being the 24th.
christmas is not a bunch of bullshit, its just a wannabe yule! and yule rocks.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
christmas is just the english/christian world's name for scandinavian yule. a kickass winter festival. and in nordic countries we do not celebrate christmas for the sake of christmas, we actually have yule (jul, jól, joulu, jõulud etc) instead with the most important day being the 24th.

You estonians really wanna be scandinavians right? Cant blame you xD

And yes, youre totally right

Laddey

FH is my second home
Chrimbo is another excuse to get fucking slaughtered, really though....All my mates just think of xmas as a few days off and a good fucking pissup, some good munch and the odd bit of sex.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
You estonians really wanna be scandinavians right? Cant blame you xD

And yes, youre totally right
i dont really want to be anything other than estonian, but the etymology (and traditions) of our jõul is the same as your jul :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
i dont really want to be anything other than estonian, but the etymology (and traditions) of our jõul is the same as your jul :)

Afaik estonia have been swedish at some point right so might have been from there?

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Christmas rocks, only time of the year you properly see the family. Then get drunk and have a few good nights out. Enjoy some quality christmas tv. Good food, everyone seems a little happier as pretty much everyone is on holiday. Its a nice break even without the presents and religious ties.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Quality Christmas TV ? What planet are you on ?

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
If your a hater of christmas movies your a hater of life my friend, its all about the cheese

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie

Seeing as it is the Winter Solstice today, Blessed Yule everyone =)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Christmas for me is basically the name for the day once a year I get new socks and underwear and eat nice food.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
stfunoob.jpg

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
are you saying that todays northern european traditions and symbols of 'christmas' arent christianised versions of 'yule'?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
well danish christmas doesnt have much to do with the nordic mythology more about jesus ( not that is has much to do with jesus now days)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
If you know how to party, and make a great time im sure you think of enough reasons why christmas isn't 'a load of bollocks'.

And if you plan some things nice, you might even have a very nice time.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
only thing i'm interested in on Christmas Eve is Ferdinand on telly and the food.

all the rest of the crap i can live without. especially all the FUCKING christmas songs...

everywhere i go theres fucking "jingel bells, jingle bells" :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom