is open transhit to blame for some of the lag ?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
in daoc, my biggest issue was opentranshit.

at times it made the game completely unplayable.

yesterday i started suspecting that some of the huge lag spikes were caused by opentranshit, just like in daoc.

can we have a list of the IPs of the servers so that we can start running pingplotter and all that stuff to help identify some of the issues ?

at this moment the program gives us zero feedback on what is causing lag, unlike with the 3 icons (triangle, square, circle) in daoc and it is very hard for us to provide goa feedback on what is going wrong.

Last night, and again this afternoon many players experienced problems connecting to our servers. In some cases, players who were already ingame were disconnected. Although these problems were resolved very quickly and the disruption was minimised we obviously take issues like this very seriously. We have been working with our ISP to determine the root cause of these problems to ensure that they do not continue to happen.

Am i reading between the lines here that GOA, being a subdivision of france telecom blames france telecom for some of the issues ? is it time to move the whole server park to dublin too to get rid of opentranshit ?

it would be kinda ironic that after moving most of their staff to dublin to avoid french labor laws that they also would have to get their servers out of france to get a better internet infrastructure !!!

imagine Ghislaine Le Rhun (GOA boss) telling his superiors at france telecom "sorry lads, your infrastructure is that bad that we had to move the rest of GOA out of france too":lol:

maybe i`m completely wrong here...

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
while connected to a server open a command prompt and type "netstat -b" and it should list where war is connected to :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
hm, i`m getting routed over

bruxels
paris (OpenTransit)
london (OT) (this step seems to make little sense, but hey, it works)
lille (FranceTelecom)
villeneuveDascq (FT) (constant 20- 45 % package loss)
GOA
last 2 steps give no feedback, but i guess that`s because they are behind a goa firewall

this is at 1300 CET, i`m curious what those figures will look like at 2130 CET.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Am i reading between the lines here that GOA, being a subdivision of france telecom blames france telecom for some of the issues ? is it time to move the whole server park to dublin too to get rid of opentranshit ?
You could read it that way I guess, personally I just considered it to be the standard "its not our fault" reply to keep folks happy. Those that realise France Telecom is the parent company of both GOA & OpenTransit will be the tiny minority, the rest will accept ISP issues as being a valid excuse.

Daoc prove that OpenTransits network wasnt up to the job of online gaming: so far it seems nothing has changed.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
hm, i`m getting routed over

bruxels
paris (OpenTransit)
london (OT) (this step seems to make little sense, but hey, it works)
lille (FranceTelecom)
villeneuveDascq (FT) (constant 20- 45 % package loss)
GOA
last 2 steps give no feedback, but i guess that`s because they are behind a goa firewall

this is at 1300 CET, i`m curious what those figures will look like at 2130 CET.

Ahah we found the new Auberveille router xD

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
You could read it that way I guess, personally I just considered it to be the standard "its not our fault" reply to keep folks happy. Those that realise France Telecom is the parent company of both GOA & OpenTransit will be the tiny minority, the rest will accept ISP issues as being a valid excuse.

Daoc prove that OpenTransits network wasnt up to the job of online gaming: so far it seems nothing has changed.

we`ll it`s probably not like the can/ are allowed to make a statment like `france telecom is to blame for the shity OT`. much more subtle to blame their `isp`, even though it means the same :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom