is of ask question time m8s. <arrow type people>

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.Tzeentch

k, i understand totally LOS is only checked at the start of the shot or sth, so it doesnt matter if i am 50000 million miles away in the time it takes to hit me, as long as i was in LOS and in range, it will hit me.

ok, so explain these funky happenings recently at AMG pls.

<no names cus i cba to remember and i dont screenshot often in emain>

1) my luri comes to hib side amg.

he gets shot.

i assist him, get his target <the guy who was hitting him>, and face.. i see the arrows coming from the other side of AMG.. i try casting mezz.. it tells me fuck off, your target aint in view.
i look on top of AMG, i look in the windows, i look on the stairs, i dont find this guy, nor do i see him ANYWHERE nearby, and the arrows and /face all pointed toward the amg. where we were standing right beside.

2) my fg vs alb 2fg, and me and some other casting type people climb ontop of amg. im being shot at by an archer, so i step back further onto the wall so he doesnt have LOS.

i still get shot...and again.. and some more..
all the while i have /face on this guy, and my /face confirms him as being downstairs, UNDER the platform, there is NO way in hell he has LOS on me, i dont have LOS on him, but still, i keep getting shot.

here;s the funnier part.

eventually he stops shooting me for whatever reason.. perhaps he got jumped or sth.. anyway.

im still upstairs, mezzing and healing away
im standing right next to amg room door against a fortification.

arrow in my chest.

/face

i face the AMG room door

im thinking, huh?

i look at the arrow
its coming from in between the AMG doors, that take you from hib side => atk side.

someone pls explain.

F

Freppe^^

its l8 m8, u coulda been dreamin, h8 is not gr8 m8, remember that m8, nn m8

S

squalion

man i wish i could do that :D lol.

btw wasit night time? i sometimes find it hard to see people with black armour @ night time in odins, that may have been the case upstiars at amg door area

P

-palan-

longshot/volley mebe? i know the miss rates should be rather high, but that could explain it as it ain't effected by LOS.
but i can't say much to these 2RAs cuz i never had em/will get em, pretty much a waste :p

V

vintervargen

if it was Arcthic hes got sum explaining to do :p

O

old.Tzeentch

lag on my part? no.. if you mean server lag, could be.. but i still dont see how in example #2 i was being shot, even if i was lagging i'd be going in a totally different LOS from where he was

G

ghaladriel

It is a bug abuse m8 ,and hibs and mids know how to do too...

P

phule_gubben

Latest fashion is to "fall" thru the floor and run around using it as a shelter while being able to use all benefits of seeing your target but your target can't see you. If the shots came raining down on u fast it surely was a bugabuser if not it's prolly volley.

all u can do is "Screenshot" "report to GOA" to learn the fookin abusers a lesson.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
a necromancer did it :great:

yup last night in Odins we found one of those rare creatures, thought he hid his pet in the wall. But we checked room and there his pet stood waiting to get killed so he just gave up.

Was good to see a non abusing necro for once, maybe it wasn't his char? Maybe just tried one out at his friend or something?

Anyway, cya next time!

L

loxleyhood

If I load an arrow and my target goes out of sight I will still hit it. If it goes out of range I will not.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by loxleyhood
If I load an arrow and my target goes out of sight I will still hit it. If it goes out of range I will not.

Didi u even bother to read the post?

L

loxleyhood

Yes. So I explained the LOS bug, thus showing that it wasn't responsible for this event.

E

Ensceptifica

I don't think volley results in an arrow sticking out of you.. at least I've never seen an arrow when I get hit by the gtaoe volley

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
I don't think volley results in an arrow sticking out of you.. at least I've never seen an arrow when I get hit by the gtaoe volley

he's got a point there

I

infozwerg

1. archers tend to be high on the hill. it increases range and stupid ppl often dont twist their camera enough to see them.

2. milefort gates are weird sometimes when it comes to LOS. for example you can stand in the room or on the stairs and cast on the doors.

B

belth

The game engine sometimes bugs badly and you can see thru walls, dunno if it gives you perma-LOS on people other side, never tried as FPS drops to around 0.5.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by phule_gubben
Was good to see a non abusing necro for once, maybe it wasn't his char? Maybe just tried one out at his friend or something?
You do realize that necros have been fixed and can no longer abuse LOS (or lack of it, I should say) like some patches ago? I'd say, kudos to the people bringing necros to RvR, possibly one of the most bugged classes there is.

B

belth

phule_gubben, try living in the present - both Albs and Hibs have better grounds for whining about exploiting (even with hibs having had chanters for ages), chain-aoe-stun ring any bells? If yes, do shut up about necros. No? Research and see "If yes".

Wasn't a bug, but sure as hell more annoying than some necro/chanter using crap pet-LOS.

O

old.m0000

i had same sort of thing in hadrians few days ago
takhasis was shooting me thru the mmg wall, about 5 times - right thru the wall (not volley)

i dont blame him, but goa/mythic have fuxed somit

(i actually think he stopped firing because he realised every shot was goin right thru amg...)

think its something to do with RF, ignores LoS in some situations??

O

old.Sko

I guess said archer figured out how to remove mg model from emain =D
Not a rocket science - edit text file and pack back resource.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by belth
phule_gubben, try living in the present - both Albs and Hibs have better grounds for whining about exploiting (even with hibs having had chanters for ages), chain-aoe-stun ring any bells? If yes, do shut up about necros. No? Research and see "If yes".

Wasn't a bug, but sure as hell more annoying than some necro/chanter using crap pet-LOS.

It wasn't a whine, they can still hide their pets inside mgwalls as u might know. This one didn't and respect to him for not hiding his pet. And yes i know they have been fixed.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by Belomar
You do realize that necros have been fixed and can no longer abuse LOS (or lack of it, I should say) like some patches ago? I'd say, kudos to the people bringing necros to RvR, possibly one of the most bugged classes there is.

Indeed, i agree with u there Cerdin.

Thou they can still hide their pet inside walls avoiding to get killed and it has been proved more the once thru screenshots.

This necro didn't and respect to him.

S

Sharp Thing

prolly a gfx bug or somthing at the archers side that makes them see through walls, arcthic had it, and i had it 2days back to (could shoot through closed doors at dl and shit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom