Is my psu broke?

Logi

Part of the furniture
Lately my PC has been shutting off by its own accord. Wether i was browsing the internet or watching a series it would just randomly go off. Normally after waiting a minute or 5 it was fixed. If it didnt i had to unplug my machine and plug back in to make it boot up again. But yesterday both tricks did not help. Even weirder was that after an hour or so it randomly started to boot back up by itself and it just worked fine until i went to bed.

This morning it happened again Whilst surfing on the net again and it hasnt been able to start up since. The LED inside the casing is still shining aswell as the on button. Which makes me suspect that its not supplying enough power to actually turn it on.

Also noticed that sometimes when i try to turn it on using the on button, i can see my keyboard flash. Its a g15 keyboard.. Like the LEDs are flashing until i let go of the button.

What to do? Entirely new psu needed or can i do something else to determine whats truly wrong? Cause they're quite expensive i must say :x

Please help me ;( still need to finalize a few more reports for college and i want to do them comfrotably at home :/

Last edited:

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
your PC might be Shutting down because of the high temperature .
Air Condition or opening the case might help .

I am no expert , but if this is the case i would recommend a new CPU fan . the fan that usually comes with the CPU isn't really good.
Another solution would be to downclock , but i wouldn't recommend it for an amateur.

Logi

Part of the furniture
new socket fixed it, ty!

Logi

Part of the furniture
Wasnt the socket, found out that some of the rear usb ports were broke causing the pc to not turn on properly apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom