Is it worth playing DAoC again?

-Smonuk-

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering if it's worth playing DAoC again!?

I haven't played since New Frontiers got released and with the new Expansion, 'Catacombs', I was wondering if I should maybe start again and roll a Heretic.

But, what is the situatition in Albion/Excalibur?
- Do people still make ML raids?
- Do people still make artifact encounters?
- What is RvR like after New Frontiers?
- And is the Heretic worth playing at all?

I had a 50 Paladin and 50 Warrior before i quit the game and sold the account so I'd have to invest in a new box set again. That would cost me around DKR 500 (£ 45). Is it worth it?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to answer my questions.

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
Ml raids: yes
Arties: yes (but imo just get a guild to help you)
RvR: its full of FG vs FG fights and the regular zerg is arround also, realms seem to be in balance if it comes to people playing in RvR (ofcuz albs always have a bit more)

Heretic: useless group utility, i'll bet you will do very well in zerg fights and keep takes but in FG rvr ur useless.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
-Smonuk- said:
I was wondering if it's worth playing DAoC again!?

I haven't played since New Frontiers got released and with the new Expansion, 'Catacombs', I was wondering if I should maybe start again and roll a Heretic.

But, what is the situatition in Albion/Excalibur?
- Do people still make ML raids?
- Do people still make artifact encounters?
- What is RvR like after New Frontiers?
- And is the Heretic worth playing at all?

I had a 50 Paladin and 50 Warrior before i quit the game and sold the account so I'd have to invest in a new box set again. That would cost me around DKR 500 (£ 45). Is it worth it?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to answer my questions.

Errrr read the forums RvR discussion and Albion/Excalibur and it's needless to say all of these questions would have been answered.

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
Game is still worth playing :) Velkommen tilbage (welcome back) :cheers:

-Smonuk-

Fledgling Freddie
@ Aadia

Well. I was just hoping for some quick answers instead of reading through the whole forum.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
As you might see most of the forum deities are stupid as useal. Yes you can read trough em all threads ofc, but you asked here :)

Ml raids are coming in zerglike mania.
Arties the FOTMarties getting farmed regular, getting credit shouldnt be a problem, getting the artie..well loads of plats.
RvR: As the other poster said.
Heretic: i suggest playing one before you do such negative press imo, i see both group and zerg utility, major in defense for sure.

Dont forget not all are l33t players, i heard there is still ppl playing for fun!

:flame:

Faya

Sparkimus

Fledgling Freddie
Hell yeah, I play for fun and 98% of the time I manage to have some too :)

All the people that say how bad DAoC is, why still on the forums? :p

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Sparkimus said:
Hell yeah, I play for fun and 98% of the time I manage to have some too :)

All the people that say how bad DAoC is, why still on the forums? :p
checking forums for 2 years is a damn hard habit to break...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
To be perfectly honest, if you have to ask this question then I don't think there's a viable yes/no answer.

The game is very enjoyable, depending on your style of play. Some people gain enjoyment by being abusive and rude on FH, increasing the size of their e-manhoods and generally acting like children on IRC. If this is for you, so is the game.

However, there are a lot of happy, friendly people out there, making levelling and 'TOAing' enjoyable.

It's all about what you put in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom