Is it worth coming back?

olD.leap

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, im an old player on DAOC Exc.. my mains being Wazp 50 ns, Leap 50 warden, Jaguar 50 bard... my question is Simple...

Is it worth coming back? how much have changed, is there more or less pvp then before is it more zergy etc... and when it comes to the end of the day will I enjoy playing this once so great game again and also paying for it, bear in mind I did love this game when I did play it but never had internet when i really needed :( so answers... whats changed, whats new, whats not working... will i get descent groups with any of my chars or will I have to restart from scratch with a new char? :)

Cheers
Wazp 50 NS
Leap 50 Warden
Jaguar 50 Bard

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
depends when you left, if you left pre toa then you have a pretty big time sink on your hands. NF is pretty shit but not so bad once you get used to it.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
I left and came back and i must admit i am really enjoying it again, hib is not as busy as it once was due to a reduction in population but i am enjoying it.

I still feel its the best MMORPG out there.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Wazp, I remember that name from ages ago, I find it ok now running a shade but it can be very situational from day to day, some days there seems to be too many stealthers about and some days you can run about without seeing too many, depends what time of day it also. If your a solo shade there are places to hunt and if you like company then you stick around agramon island, no shortage of stealths there camping bridges etc.
Df is now very quiet as most people tend to xp in catacombs i think, but can make life easier killing someone and melting away without much problem.

if you havent got the latest temps including Toa arti's then prepare to spend a lot of time/plats equiping yourself too compete out there, I'm still running about in an non arti temp using a couple of legendary weaps and crafted weaps due too investing time in other chars, and i cant really complain but I probably would win a few more fights if i was arti'd up too my eyeballs :)

Anyway thats just a small insight into stealthing, i cant really comment on your other toons.

Hope to see you out there soon :)

Wuntvor

Fledgling Freddie
Perf said:
Hi Wazp, I remember that name from ages ago, I find it ok now running a shade

He must be thinking of coming back with his shade, 'cause he was allways a rubbish Warden :p

How's it going Leap mate? :)

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
i came back last nite, started afresh tho :) and so far its been enjoyable (yep levelling from level 1!!)

the new instances, what a legendary idea :D but vamps = overpowered!

Ruath

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Wazp m8, i still know that name ^^

Well Mith, Flusan, me and the guys from Na Fianna are still playing and loving it for that matter.
No big changes since u left tbh, cata has some nice items but they are not over priced yet, still TOA that is most important for equiping yur char.
Ofc Darkness Rising will bring the champ weapons and some items, but the items ive seen are not that uber, champ weapon are interesting if not by the looks....

So bring back the pink bard yihaaaaaaa

Do it, do it !!

Torvus

Fledgling Freddie
Ruath said:
Hey Wazp m8, i still know that name ^^

Well Mith, Flusan, me and the guys from Na Fianna are still playing and loving it for that matter.
No big changes since u left tbh, cata has some nice items but they are not over priced yet, still TOA that is most important for equiping yur char.
Ofc Darkness Rising will bring the champ weapons and some items, but the items ive seen are not that uber, champ weapon are interesting if not by the looks....

So bring back the pink bard yihaaaaaaa

Do it, do it !!

And add, oh that big island in the middle of NF :). Other than that not much different.

Got bored of WoW wazp? :p

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
Good to see the name leap back even if it is on the forums .

Hiane is still around m8 but I play Durrell the ranger more now.

think you may enjoy the game now m8 as it will be rock with cluster and Pryd hibs coming to show us what unity is :clap:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Awww, i remember an ickle Wazp dinging 50 :)

They grow up so fast <snif>

Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
Wuntvor said:
He must be thinking of coming back with his shade, 'cause he was allways a rubbish Warden :p

How's it going Leap mate? :)

Hahaha!! comming from Mr Strawberry that's rich!!!

/wave Leap - the Wine's not quite dulled my memory of you :drink:

olD.leap

Fledgling Freddie
w00t

no i didnt get bored of wow, but i always loved daoc more :p
and yes i always was a gimp no matter what :D
¨
oh and yea i did suck as a pvp warden, but i rocked in pve, thats how Tankster got through the low lvls (20-35ish)

anyhow, im still considering going back, been playing somewhat on those freeshards and it aint just the same as having a char you have played to 50 and then got to know etc... but i will SUCK big time if I come back, and my bard is "Almost" fully toa'd only need to lvl the darn things :/ anyway i hope we all meet in the magical realm of Hib soon... both old friends, new friends and foes :)

Love Leap the gimp :)

olD.leap

Fledgling Freddie
wuntvor i miss the old ppl but playing some wow and enjoying pvp while it lasts (pre 60 and epix ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom