Is it wierd to go to the pub on your own?

gohan

FH is my second home
Sun is blazing today, just fineshed college, everyone is either at work or busy or w/e. Is it wierd to jsut go to the pub on my todd and sit in the beer garden doing some revision etc? will I be one of them strange old blokes that are always in the corner of the pub alone with 2 pints of bitter??

thoughts?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I think going to the pub is a weird act, alone or not. Weird, odd places.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I miss occasionally going to the pub on my own. Pint and the paper on a Sunday morning was a nice bit of "me" time. Bit weird if you did it all the time though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Around here it's nothing special atleast, i tend to go to the pub always alone and meet whoever happens to be there from the social list.

Naut wrong with it, just in hiding it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
To apply it to me, if there were coffeeshops here then I'd have no problem attending on my own for a cheeky one or a sit down for a bit.

Everz

FH is my second home
You posh toff. See I'm the opposite, I hate the thought of sitting in coffee shop on my own, at least in a pub I have food, beer and a tv.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
As long as you take something to do (stuff to read or whatever). If not you look like a weird man looking for his latest project to take home and lock in his basement.

You posh toff. See I'm the opposite, I hate the thought of sitting in coffee shop on my own, at least in a pub I have food, beer and a tv.

I think his interpretation of a coffee shop and yours aren't seeing eye to eye.

gohan

FH is my second home
As long as you take something to do (stuff to read or whatever). If not you look like a weird man looking for his latest project to take home and lock in his basement.
can I take a book but cut holes in it to do both?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
can I take a book but cut holes in it to do both?

Yes - but remember to change pubs regularly else that landlord will get upset you're offing to many of his customers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If not you look like a weird man looking for his latest project to take home and lock in his basement.

It's perfectly normal! Gods...such a judgemental society where you can't grab a girl and lock her in the basement for some fun. It's my house FFS.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
It's perfectly normal! Gods...such a judgemental society where you can't grab a girl and lock her in the basement for some fun. It's my house FFS.
Yes, but they're my girls. All mine - my preciouses....

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm comfortable in my own company and have popped to the pub for peace and quiet. I'm at that age where my mates are getting married and starting a family, so they're just not able to go for a pint like they used to. If I'm being honest, I find their chat about babies and marriage fucking boring so I'd rather not hear it.

Perhaps sitting getting pissed on your own all the time would be considered a bit odd.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What G said.

Yes, it's weird. Drink alone at home.

I rarely drink at home and even more rarely do I drink alone.

It's a social thing for me.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I like it, it allows me to have a good look about and see if anyone has the right shaped head to add to my skull collection.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I sometimes drink "on my own" ie. I have a drink and my wife doesn't. Or go to the pub for a quick pint, talk to the landlord, sit in the garden with a paper/book. If the wife goes away to see her mum or friends and I stay at home, I often crack open a bottle of wine.

Nothing at all wrong with drinking alone, getting wrecked every night on your own is a bit odd...but then so is going out to get wrecked every night.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
No. Perfectly ok.

And how the feck did you get any sunshine today? Been grey, cold & miserable down here all day. Roll on summer.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's not weird unless you try and get all chummy with a group of younger people imo, those people always look a bit odd.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Been nice in Leicester, bit cold mind you, but acceptable! :D

gohan

FH is my second home
was gorgeous in southampton, came out of college must of been about 20 degress or so, clear skies very bright

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
When I was single, I sometimes went to a local club on me own. I knew a few of the doormen & DJ, and TBH I pulled more going on me own that with a bunch of mates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom