is it possible to controll 2 accounts on 1 pc with 1 keyboard

- English -

Resident Freddy
As title says, I was wondering if i could control 2 accounts on 1 pc with 1 keyboard. For example, if i had 2 scouts loaded, could i control 1, and the second scout automatically follow the first scout. Im thinking of a mini team wizzy but controlling 2 accounts on 1 pc with only having to use 1 account.

Any input appreciated ;p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yes there is, but that would require a third party program and massive ammounts of macroing. so u'd just end up banned.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I asume you mean at the exact same time as in both casting pbaoe at the same time for example, in which case use "Keyclone" it links open accounts, press #1 key on the first account the second will also cast it. My advice if you do is make your second account have different movement keys.. example:

1st account w,s,a,d
2nd account up,down,left,right

otherwise you'll be not only following the first scout but running wrong ways if you turn the first scout with ur mouse since keyclone makes all accounts activate at the push of a key but it does not mirror mouse movements to the second account.

Edit: another thing to watch out for, if you type something on 1 account it'll also goto the other account.. so you'll get 2 scouts saying "fuck off" at the same time for example :p

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Have to admit that I was probably the first person to run 2 accounts with a buffbot (shameful). Worked it out when Barrysworld was going as I was big into computers at that time. Ran fully buffed in Thid with a buffbot and SB. Honed my sb was and caused an uproar. I still run 2 computers using just one keyboard and mouse. My setup is this:

2 computers networked - I use dlink now whereas before I just used a standard network setup.

A KVM Switch

2nd base unit

2 daoc accounts - 1 on each computer.

When I first set this up I had a 17 inch monitor and when I swapped from one alt to another it wouldn't resize or anything (I now have a 22 inch and this does pause to redisplay), the change over is and was instant. I could control both alts so that no-one knew. I could heal my alt whilst he was fighting and still keep full control of my fighter. I managed to kill a level 50 inf whilst in Darkness falls and my sb was only about level 42-3 I think, and that was after he perfed me.

The above setup runs the 2 accounts without any interference from each other which you probably would get otherwise.

Still a very useful setup and I wouldn't be without it.

Bugger - just re-read the topic title - 1pc! Oops. Oh well still the above is worth considering...

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think its possible. I know i cant get my G11 keyboard to work in anyway, i wanted to use the G keys to heal with the other account, but nope, does not work.

So now i either use 2 monitors, or just 1 monitor where i alt-tab. In the old days i used 2 computers with 2 keyboards, left hand for the dr00d, and right hand for chanter. Good times!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Some guy that says he checked DAoC's Rules said:
Thanks for the kind words. I just checked DAOC's rules to make sure you can do this without breaking them, and I don't see any rule that forbids it, so here goes.
HotkeyNet • View topic - Run more than 2 daoc per PC

Yeah its possible, our guild mate had 4 accounts on 1pc and a mincer on a 2nd pc. They were all linked up off 1 keyboard. HotkeyNet: Home

The thing which only lets you run a maximum of 2 copies of daoc can be removed. It's just a little thing they have running on your pc once daoc is ran. - KillMuteX is the fix

F

FreddieHKN

Hi. I'm the person quoted above as "Some guy that says he checked DAoC's Rules."

I'm also the author of the program under discussion, HotkeyNet. And I'm also a former DAOC player.

I got led here by referral logs for HotkeyNet's website.

I'd like to clarify the statement about checking DAOC's rules. When I wrote that, I was referring to HotkeyNet's ability to let you run more than two DAOC's on a single PC. I looked but couldn't find anything that prohibits that in Mythic's published rules.

However, HotkeyNet allows you to do lots of other things too. Like sending to background windows. For example, you can press a key and a background DAOC window will respond instead of the foreground window.

I don't know if this violates Mythic's rules.

You can also send to multiple windows at the same time with a single keypress. Again, I don't know if this feature is against the rules.

Everz

FH is my second home
Judging by the amount of macro grps on US id say your breaking no rules.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thanks for posting FreddieHKN.

I'm going to use Paladins as my example because I think this may help explain what I think.

Paladins have 4-5 main chants they twist. You can use macro's so they constantly twist all 4-5 chants over and over (without pressing any buttons). This I believe is against the rules.

With macro groups I think it's ok because although you have 8 accounts logged in, you still have to press the button on the keyboard. Ok, your keyboard may control 8 accounts, but you still have to interact with the keyboard.

I suppose the balancing point on these discussions is "does the user have interaction for the outcome".

Crafting can be done via macro's so you can watch a film etc. This is obviously against the rules.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Crafting can be done via macro's so you can watch a film etc. This is obviously against the rules.

It's only against the rules if you get caught lol. I used to use a little program called MouseMachine for crafting. Just had to be careful I didn't run out of ingredients or they'd notice the regular failures =P

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I think attended macro'ing is legal on the US servers.. Use MxN, pop on a movie and watch that and when you run out of ingredients you go buy fresh ones and get right back in there and put the movie back on :)

Syri

FH is my second home
I would've thought key cloning would be against the rules. May not be heavily enforced, seeing as Mythic aren't exactly putting all their resources into daoc these days, but it'd surprise me if it's actually "approved".
Personally, I wouldn't do it, as it's just too much like cheating, even if it's allowed. I'm just not the type that likes to try and find unfair advantages over other people.
On a side note, in case anyone remembers me and brings it up, yes, I did have 2 accounts, however I did not have a buff bot on the second account, my cleric (pirel) was rejuv spec. I had 2 pcs side by side, and would usually craft on one while playing on the other, though I did occasionally play 2 characters actively in a group, usually cleric on second pc auto-following my main character, use keys to select group members and cast heals with cleric, while playing other character fully. That was just because of the drastic lack of people who want to play healers though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom