Is it ok to post an ebay link for an account sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jameswoo

Hi was just wondering dont want to offend anyone, reason I ask is cause I choose a 3 day time to make it quick so it wont be up as long as most other sellers

B

bulge

As a word of warning selling accounts is against the Code of Conduct and GOA may take action .....

J

jameswoo

I am not a GOA customer, my subscription has run out so I couldnt give a rats ass about there code of conduct.

M

~Mobius~

If you post it here it will get moderated and give you a bad reputation.

N

-Nxs-

Also some people go through ebay (like me) and look for DAOC accounts for sale then report them for breach of EULA... I cant stand people buying there way into the game, they should level the propper way, its my personal opinion but I hate it when i've put so much time into the game, have a circle of friends and someone just throws money at this to get to "the end game"

You may not care about the EULA, but the person who buys the account off you - then see's it banned for trading will be back on to you for selling something completely useless.

G

Garaen

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Also some people go through ebay (like me) and look for DAOC accounts for sale then report them for breach of EULA... I cant stand people buying there way into the game, they should level the propper way, its my personal opinion but I hate it when i've put so much time into the game, have a circle of friends and someone just throws money at this to get to "the end game"

You may not care about the EULA, but the person who buys the account off you - then see's it banned for trading will be back on to you for selling something completely useless.

Ticket policeman IRL imo :eek:

J

jameswoo

and I cant stand fat greasy nerds like you m8 but I dont complain

D

Dook_Pug

What about those that level several chars to 50, grow bored of them and so, rather than go through the tedium of 1-50 all over again, they buy/trade?

I -really- don't see the big deal aslong as the people who recieve the traded/sold account know what they're doing.

B

Belsameth

whatever your oppinion is of account selling, GOA forbids it, and thus we won't permit the posting of links.

T

The Kingpin

Originally posted by jameswoo
and I cant stand fat greasy nerds like you m8 but I dont complain

Then what does that make you, a leather jacket wearing rebel...

Oh i pity you so..

G

girlpants

this is for nxs

what a PLONKER you r how sad looking for accounts that are been sold get a life.

its a game ffs what is wrong with you

ow by the way i bet you have trade somthing before HAVENT YOU

you greasy turd i like that lol

T

The Kingpin

Originally posted by girlpants
this is for nxs

what a PLONKER you r how sad looking for accounts that are been sold get a life.

its a game ffs what is wrong with you

ow by the way i bet you have trade somthing before HAVENT YOU

you greasy turd i like that lol

Just for you...

0028619560.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

R

Rollie_David

i feel for you i really do, having to give your credit card number before you speak toa girl.

S

Shike

you really must have too much time on your hands

N

-Nxs-

It takes 5 minutes to scan ebay and log the numbers on rightnow. Its in breach of EULA and it pisses me off, slate me all you like, im realy beyond personal insults on this. But its nice to know that the majority that reply have either traded... want to trade.. or just want to make some money when they no longer want the game.

Let the insults fly, i dont give a shit :)

J

Jonaldo

Seeing people with bought level 50's is damn annoying tho. People should just play the game properly and beg for powerlevel like the rest of us.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by cougar-
ibtl !!1

Why will it be locked - no ones broken the rules of the boards yet - well apart from those being really mean to me and calling me fat :)

C

cougar-

Why will it be locked - no ones broken the rules of the boards yet - well apart from those being really mean to me and calling me fat :)

aha, well that's not offensive at all. sorry!

S

scarffs

Maybe let everyone do as they please ?
The only problem with trading/selling is that the seller/trader can always fuck you over later.

But if anyone wants to take the risk, whats it to you ?
Grow up, Nxs, please.

H

Hargh

wow contentious issue. i'm fine with buying and selling personally but only in principle, in practice it's against CoC etc etc etc...

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by scarffs
But if anyone wants to take the risk, whats it to you ?
Grow up, Nxs, please.

So you endorse people breaching the EULA - nice one
Its not permitted by GOA so dont do it, or face people like me reporting you.

V

Vell

This is quite amusing :p

The fact remains at the end of the day, whether you think you should be able to trade accounts or not, that it is against the CoC and EULA to trade, buy and sell accounts .

You all agreed to abide by the Terms and Conditions when you pressed that 'Accept' box, so those of you arguing that you should be able to, you don't have a leg to stand on, and insulting Nxs serves no purpose other than to make you look like a 12 year old.

S

Silence

i like to meet one person who really did read all them freaking rules when they buy game, dont care if your forced to scroll down , dont read it, sure we know rules sure we have oppinion on what we can do.

just stating fact no one really read the crap unless they wanna sue there fat asses for somthing.

just bought a game, oh look a couple of pages of text filled with legal bull shit, just one minute ill read through it and hold my gaming for an hour, while i cross reference half the words with the law dictionary.

this spam was brought to you by Silence.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Vell
This is quite amusing :p

The fact remains at the end of the day, whether you think you should be able to trade accounts or not, that it is against the CoC and EULA to trade, buy and sell accounts .

You all agreed to abide by the Terms and Conditions when you pressed that 'Accept' box, so those of you arguing that you should be able to, you don't have a leg to stand on, and insulting Nxs serves no purpose other than to make you look like a 12 year old.

Thanks Vell - nice to have a post that doesnt insult me in it

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.Silence
i like to meet one person who really did read all them freaking rules when they buy game, dont care if your forced to scroll down , dont read it, sure we know rules sure we have oppinion on what we can do.

just stating fact no one really read the crap unless they wanna sue there fat asses for somthing.

just bought a game, oh look a couple of pages of text filled with legal bull shit, just one minute ill read through it and hold my gaming for an hour, while i cross reference half the words with the law dictionary.

this spam was brought to you by Silence.

True people dont read it - but this specific subject has been in the news enough times and other threads on barrysworld - simply put ignorance is no excuse here, people know they are not allowed to sell/trade accounts but they still risk it.

O

old.Tohtori

I have an ebay account for sale!

It's very cheap!

Please make offer!

...i thought it was funny...

C

cougar-

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
I have an ebay account for sale!

It's very cheap!

Please make offer!

...i thought it was funny...

yeah. it was.

: )

W

Whoodoo_RD

Im with NXS on this, although I only browse ebay from time to time for a giggle to see whos left their char names on their pics when they advertise (like you Yog m8 hehe).

Yes it is against the CoC and EULA, and yes you were supposed to read the small print when signing up. If there had been a clause in there saying "all your money earnt for the next 12 months" had been in there im sure you would have not ignored it, if so more the fool you. Always read the small print, then you dont look a twat when it bites you on the arse later on.

But its also an ethics thing, play the game start t finish, you hardly go to Game.com and buy every game then use the cheats to get to the last level do you? Mind you some morons on here seem to want just that, and cant be arsed playing the whole game out.

Most of us did 50 the hard way, exping like hell, grewling thru spind, varulv and finally lair to get the epics. Why should some spotty kid gt to the end product so easy, then look a complete turn when he shouts on /as "wheres uppland?"?

As for getting to 50 and wanting to play another realm or whatever, just move servers, cross realmers are idiots, just delete your chars and move along.

BW does not have to close links to ebay, but they too must think it ruins the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom