Is it me...

D

Damini

Or are people not all that friendly? I've tried chatting to a few, but I've reactions ranging from stoney silence to actual fleeing. I'm beginning to get a complex :(

Also, I wanted to start on Chimmera (or something spelt similarly) and my bast boyfriend (who I lovingly said I could share my account to see if he likes it) has rolled there and so I'm stuck on lonely galaxies :(

And also SWG stammers like Gareth Gates faced with Jordan's boobs on my PC. I've readjusted my graphic card settings to "Crayon picture by a four year old" style, but it's still unhappy. I'm having really bad luck with this game! Kenny seems to enjoy it though.

Just a ponder on it all.

M

Mophead

The update rates around well populated cities can be a nightmare - especially with all the random vehicles left lying around. With respect to graphics options, other than the actucal in games ones, the swg initial loader thingy has additional features, such as the ability to turn vsync off - dunno if you found those, it took me a while. I can't give exact directions atm, just had a HD failure :(

Generally speaking I've found most people on Chimera (btw, I'd just delete the char and say the puter crashed or summat :p ) are quite friendly - especially compared to the CS background I've most recently come from. I haven't really encounted any body blanking or being abusive. What I have found though is that when I'm busy crafting, I'll quite often come back to find somebodies asked me a question or something.

T

talen_sun

Hey Damini, if you want some company, give Bonsa a shout, on Shadowfire... lovely people we are!! :)

N

Nightchill

As mop says, had very few problems with people on Chimaera. Just go to somewhere like Bestine cantina and soak up the (surprisingly good) band+dancers and sociality (is that a word?) :)

F

Fex

Dam join FarStar, tis a friendly place to be sure. Give me a shout in game if you do end up there, i'm kinda part of a nice player city on Tatooine called Aartan Ridge so give me a shout if you join up and need a helping hand, oh the names Zhala Que'aal.

T

Tenko

I've always found the game really friendly, but I'm on Chimaera too on Tatooine mostly.

Shame you can't play on Chimarea :(

Seriously, tell Kenny to get his own account! Whats the point you both playing the game if you can't play together?

Nothing more fun than whupping the other halfs arse on t'internet :p

G

granny

Lou :(

Roll a character on Eclipse and give me a shout, I'll take you round some fun places in the galaxy :) There's a few really good bands that play often on Eclipse and they're always fun parties, although they do tend to go on until the wee small hours since they're mostly Americans.

The framerate thing is a bugger yeah, the things I've found that make the most difference are the texture detail settings which you can get to in the launchpad thingy and the terrain detail. One of the PC's I play it on is a bit of a clunker... held together with string and sticky-backed plastic, and it took some tweaking but I managed to get it playable after a while :)

A

amuse

Originally posted by granny
Lou :(

Roll a character on Eclipse and give me a shout, I'll take you round some fun places in the galaxy :) There's a few really good bands that play often on Eclipse and they're always fun parties, although they do tend to go on until the wee small hours since they're mostly Americans.

The framerate thing is a bugger yeah, the things I've found that make the most difference are the texture detail settings which you can get to in the launchpad thingy and the terrain detail. One of the PC's I play it on is a bit of a clunker... held together with string and sticky-backed plastic, and it took some tweaking but I managed to get it playable after a while :)

Id advise against this, Eclipse was realy laggy when i played there, well, from Norway it was :p

and most ppl play at what is night time for us.

Anyways, ur choise m8, but FarStar is a nice

G

granny

Originally posted by amuse
Id advise against this, Eclipse was realy laggy when i played there, well, from Norway it was :p

and most ppl play at what is night time for us.

I get constant pings of 140-160 on Eclipse from the UK on cable modem, 0% packet loss. I get 50-60 on the Euro servers and there's no noticable difference... SWG isn't CS ;)

And there's a sizeable Euro population on Eclipse too, it's the server with the highest population of all afaik. Nice thing is there's a good, established community there with plenty of top-notch crafters of all sorts. Nothing that can't be made or bought :)

A

amuse

Originally posted by granny
I get constant pings of 140-160 on Eclipse from the UK on cable modem, 0% packet loss. I get 50-60 on the Euro servers and there's no noticable difference... SWG isn't CS ;)

And there's a sizeable Euro population on Eclipse too, it's the server with the highest population of all afaik. Nice thing is there's a good, established community there with plenty of top-notch crafters of all sorts. Nothing that can't be made or bought :)

i know :( miss eclipse, but all my friends moved to FarStar..

and from Norway i had a ping of 200-250 on eclipse, usualy 5% packet loss, so it was alittle bad when it was huge PvP fights.

the thing i miss most aboute eclipse, is all the player events.

btw, who got chose for Miss Universe? :p

N

norwegicus

i agree, ppl wont even look at you when you asking for help or just trying to chat a little.
in Daoc its much easyer making contact whit ppl..
only one ive talked to ingame so far is one following me killing my mobs when i tried to harvest for stimpacks :p

A

amuse

Originally posted by norwegicus
i agree, ppl wont even look at you when you asking for help or just trying to chat a little.
in Daoc its much easyer making contact whit ppl..
only one ive talked to ingame so far is one following me killing my mobs when i tried to harvest for stimpacks :p

erm, not my experiense of the game.

This is the most friendly game when it comes to players. and besides, ppl dont trye to scam u oute of everything u own like in DaoC :p

M

Mophead

*flashes open his long coat*
wanna buy a gen-U-wine lightsaber 'guv?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I can actually do without all the inane random blabber.
"lolz cool creature wut ham bar??"
"pffft my lightning cannon is more ubar than ur stupid carbine!11"
"TEACHING ALL TEH SKILLZ FOR FOTM CHAR OF TEH MONTH PLZ SEND /T!!!!!!1111111" - on broadcast for about 50 times..

Or the even more retarded emotes some people manage to deliver... along the lines of:
"<Random_d%d gives <female_skin> a lecherous looks as she dances around."

If someone actually manages to say something sane to me, I happily reply, though... :p

N

Nightchill

Never seen any of those on Chim :) It's the A., F., S. spam from CHs that drives me mad. Most don't seem to realise that /tellpet exists (and happily change when I inform them).

A

amuse

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I can actually do without all the inane random blabber.
"lolz cool creature wut ham bar??"
"pffft my lightning cannon is more ubar than ur stupid carbine!11"
"TEACHING ALL TEH SKILLZ FOR FOTM CHAR OF TEH MONTH PLZ SEND /T!!!!!!1111111" - on broadcast for about 50 times..

Or the even more retarded emotes some people manage to deliver... along the lines of:
"<Random_d%d gives <female_skin> a lecherous looks as she dances around."

If someone actually manages to say something sane to me, I happily reply, though... :p

This has never happend to me, well, almost never :)

seems like i am lucky with who i grp with etc :D

not to be picky but FOTM means Flavour Of The Month ;)

T

Tenko

Just to change the subject, I created pet macro's to yell for my faction pets.

"For the Empire!" = attack
"Fall in troopers!" = Fall in
"Remain at your posts" = stay

Just added a little colour to my battles.

M

Moön

I get the silent treatment from some people i see hunting, best way is to say "hi" wait, if you get nothing say "can you train me in pistol,carbine,rifle and ranged support 1 please", then just ignore them :p

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Chimera.

Tatooine and Dantooine.

Erm, I normally find it quite friendly :)

N

Nightchill

you could always join a random public chat channel (right click one of your channel tabs for the options) and start chatting.

A

amuse

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
No shit. :p

Just that the sentence sounded kinda strange, FOTM char of the month :p

wasnt sure if u meant to say it that way or not :p

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Hiya Damini,

The only way to beat the poor framerate in cities is to upgrade. Getting to 1Gb RAM will make a huge difference. Once you've done that then look to picking up a high end graphics card, if necessary. Switching off some of the graphics options in the launchpad and in-game will help if you're running a less powerful card, but even a good card wiill struggle in the cities without 1Gb of RAM.

On the "friendly" side of things - I've generally found people to be friendly but not always chatty. I can't complain, though, as I've been a bit quiet myself. I think the main difference with DAOC is that there's less need to group up and so you spend less time with others and it takes longer to get really comfortable with people in game.

I'm mostly playing on FarStar - generally on Naboo. My character's name is Ackvit. Feel free to say "hi" :)

Users who are viewing this thread