Is it just me ......

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by flugo

ps : Ever tried playing with doublefrost ? It has a low to-hit bonus, eats more end then a farm of pigs that got forgotten for a week and does laughable damage to what it used to do.

if +437 damage from a hit on an epic-wearing level 50 is _laughable_ then I really don't wanna know what it did before.

N

)nick(

Originally posted by Zilly

Nic, you had a ridiculous amount of buffs after you died in Emain yesterday. There were so many I had to enlarge my chat window to see them all! I counted about 12 or so in total. What did you say earlier about having better duals without buffs on Gorre? Still it was nice to evade you consistantly and see you miss loads on me even though I had no buffs at all :D

I never claimed to be unbuffed in emain, but all my duels on gorre were totally unbuffed :) Like I stated earlier now that the smite clerics have been nerfed we are putting them to other uses. Dont for a second think clerics just dissapeared after all the whining about their smites, they've just been put to other uses.

That fight was pretty funny I just DF'd one of you then went to work on the other and DF'd him aswell. Amg to apk was swarming with sbs. We counted 7 odd in the end.

That's another thing SBs have over infils the fact that they can ALWAYS be certain that their offhand poison lands, thus you find yourself often poisoned with crippling next to the standard DOT and Enervating poison.

K

klavrynd

Fingoniel, doublefrost does only do slightly more damage then snowblind (lvl 10 taunt style) and uses about 5 times as much endurance.

With a 4.2 delay main hand weapon you can land approximatly 5 doublefrosts, which does not to enough damage ( 5 * 200 ish = 1000 which doesnt even get a caster down) to take an adversary down , this is without being parried, blocked, evaded, plainly missed or BT'ed.

you talk about +437 style bonus. Hit a door with a style and look at the bonus, hit a grey mob. Figures of +1xxx aren't rare , but do you actually do 1xxx damage?

ps : +437 is prolly an uberbuffed troll with 30 qui or something, i can only dream of such figures on doublefrost

F

Flimgoblin

OK, lets bring it down to sensible amounts :)

[19:36:50] You perform your Doublefrost perfectly. (+205)
[19:36:50] You attack Skilled Zerker with your axe and hit for 263 (-62) damage!

typical DF damage from the team lead dueling another level 50 zerker in epic

[21:52:23] You perform your Dual Shadows perfectly. (+119)
[21:52:23] You attack Zorus with your sword and hit for 216 (-51) damage!

typical dual shadows (level 50 positional style, with a defensive penalty) attack from someone fighting a level 50.

The delays are very similar (around 3 seconds) .

I believe DF uses more endurance, but not _that_ much more endurance (and it's anytime, DS is positional)

LA styles are sick sick :) DW/CD styles are about the same as the base weapon styles...

unwield your left axe, hit something with an axe/sword/hammer style. Then tell me LA damage is laughable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom