Is it just me, or is the retail version the same as the beta?

B

Bym

Same bugs, same ctd's, fatal errors, missions failed before completion, etc. How much do they charge for this?

On the other hand, despite being different from games like DAoC and Asherons Call, this game is actually quite addictive one you have started playing. Unless you play as a Spy that is, then it is just too hard to get used to the game quickly, and you find yourself killing flies and bees, and recycling chitins, forever, and ever, and ever, and ever....

I have even joined a clan now so I finally have someone to talk to. Shame most of them are German and I can't understand a word they are saying - no dedecated English server :/

C

cleeve

so is anyone playing neocron?

I don't really wanna buy a game if I am going to find myself a lone english speaker in a horde of european rpgers :)

M.

B

Bym

Well, yes, they are playing it, and it should get better after the US release (I presume they are using the same servers or something, nothing about a US server has been mentioned on the official site), but at the moment finding someone who speaks English is like finding a needle in a haystack!

The best server to play on at the moment is called Saturn - less Germans and lots of UK clans.

Anyway, I am enjoying the game without there being loads of brits, so it could turn out to be quite a good game eventully!

R

rynnor

I really cannot stress enough - DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!

Its like a very early beta version - so many bugs/unfinished content/ broken content/skills etc.

There is no way in hell that this was ready for retail - theres still tons of exploits and people running round with millions of credits from duping.

I'm heading back to DAOC till something better arrives.

Oh yeah - its not really FPS its a hybrid rpg style with hit/miss chances - you just have to click on the target to hit.

Oh and 99 percent germans speaking german :)

S

seranu

gah rynnor play the game a while. It has quite a lot of flaws yes, but god the game is so much better than daoc once you get into the life of your 'runner' ;)

the fact that more or less everything is player controlled (even the economy) is so sweet as well :)

there are atm a few issues as I said, but the are working day and night on it. The whole game is going to be built up on story as well, whereas daoc is built up by reaching very high lvl so you can take seemingly useless empty keeps (read stone walls).
Now personally I love daoc, but face it, it doesn't have any depth to it. except the community, but still the option of roleplaying is extremely limited.

gah I even encountered a female player in neocron today selling cybersex in Pepper Park. was kinda cool =P

BUT rynnor, plz don't go posting crap like that. what you are saying is like 'DO NOT EAT FRENCH-FRIES CAUSE THEY SUXX'. we,, just about anyways...

well you get 6 weeks for free ( except you have to buy the game for 40$) but still it's worth it imo. if you like it you'll behooked, if you don't like it, it's not THAT big of a loss.

oh and one more thing. if you're scared of germans, go play on the UK/US server.. Pluto

R

rynnor

The reason I posted is to stop other people who like me are looking round for a new MMORPG from wasting their money.

As an example I logged in my PSI Monk yesterday to find none of my powers would work because they put in a new stat which is a requirement to use PSI modules...

It really is a beta test in retail - please dont try and pretend anything else.

saying that i love the concept - its the execution of that concept that lets it down so badly :)

S

seranu

Well actually I must disagree in some points ;)

I do agree that it is still in development, but really, things ain't that bad. Reakktor got a lot of flames for one of the recent patches which they kinda screwed up, butfirst of all, that was about the only time the forum has been unfriendly. And secondly, they realized the probs, and fixed them by releasing a new patch a few days later, followed up with one due next week which will fix the last small bugs.
They will open a public test server much like Gorre to test the patches before they go live from now on as well.

And well it just feels that kk is listening to the community now...

Anyways it's a great game, and you should give it some time and get into the life of a citizen in Neocron ;)

soon they'll re-open the stockX as well =p will be great!

S

seranu

oh and btw mate, I didn't mean to say you were only talking crap, as I don't often say that when speaking to a person :/

sry bout that ;)

B

Belsameth

wow! there's a serious post here! :clap:

I love it too, dispite the german, and the use of ZONE as the main chat channel. even the bugs, although annoying, can't really take away the fun.
unlike DAoC, this actually feels like needing skill.
I was SO proud when I, with clever use of cover and an abundance of running and hiding, was able to solo my first Doom Reaper

Users who are viewing this thread