Is it just me or are sorcs doing too much dmg?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>Well, he doesn't outdamage you (assuming you have the same quality gear and RAs)... And he only gets damage back if he's been hit.

He DOES outdamage me,

>And... Snare nuke

Suiscide to use in rvr... snared target can`t be rooted... and according to me, the 3 sec casting time negates the snare effect. Det makes that i actually get less spells of compared to when i use straith DD. the last thing i want is not be able to root the enemy when he starts beating me up.

>Debuff nuke

Good for pvp... personally I mostly use it in 1 on 1 situations against tanks, after i root the tank and can start from near max range...

>AE Debuff nuke

i actually like that spell, every CC`er yells at me for using it. :(

>Baseline bolt

woohoo, i hit for 200 ish if he doesn`t have high resists.

>GTAE (if second line is earth)

woohoo, i hit for 30 ish

>Damage shield (if second line is earth)

woohoo, for 1.5 dps, i fuck up my only form of CC, the root.

>If you want to look like a crybaby, go ahead.

Sooo kind of you. :)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:
Suiscide to use in rvr... snared target can`t be rooted... and according to me, the 3 sec casting time negates the snare effect. Det makes that i actually get less spells of compared to when i use straith DD. the last thing i want is not be able to root the enemy when he starts beating me up.
It's the other way around, a target with root immunity can't be snared.
If this does happen to you, snared target being root immune, I would report it as a bug.

Danita

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>It's the other way around, a target with root immunity can't be snared.
If this does happen to you, snared target being root immune, I would report it as a bug.

I am gone do some duelling to check this out....

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:
>Well, he doesn't outdamage you (assuming you have the same quality gear and RAs)... And he only gets damage back if he's been hit.

He DOES outdamage me,
He only outdamages you if you have lower Int, or fewer RAs. And then only on a single target with a single DD.

Muylaetrix said:
>And... Snare nuke

Sorry, nope.
And snare-nuke is a very useful situational DD spell.

Muylaetrix said:
>AE Debuff nuke

i actually like that spell, every CC`er yells at me for using it. :(
Like everything, you need to learn when to use it. Not smart to fire that on a bunch of mezzed people at range.

Muylaetrix said:
>Baseline bolt

It's not about the damage.

Muylaetrix said:

woohoo, i hit for 30 ish
Muylaetrix said:
Again, not about the damage.

Muylaetrix said:

Seriously. People need to stop complaining so much. If you don't like the class/realm, play a different one that you think is much better.

fiontan

Fledgling Freddie
Back to the original question, did you take into account enemy resists when comparing sorc to wiz nukes? You do know that mids normally got higher cold than body resist, and hibs w/o warden too?

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
i been hit by an hib chanter max for 1200 dmg and by and alb sorc max for 450 omg nerf sorcs or maybe not ...

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Pandemic said:
i been hit by an hib chanter max for 1200 dmg and by and alb sorc max for 450 omg nerf sorcs or maybe not ...

My Sorcs absolute cap incl lucky crit would be 1107, difference being mainly that the chanter is debuffing for himself while the Sorc requires a Cabalist in group.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
666 cap with mom2 no? + 50% crit is 999... ho hum :eek:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Pin said:
Seriously. People need to stop complaining so much. If you don't like the class/realm, play a different one that you think is much better.

It's true though - wizards do suck at the moment :)

why else would I be playing one?

Oh and not everyone has 7 level 50s :) (or however many yer on these days ;))

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Loch said:
666 cap with mom2 no? + 50% crit is 999... ho hum :eek:

Magic can get up to 100% crit even in rvr. I am a mind Sorc my cap on base-line nuke is 554.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
won't have the snare/nuke...

I'll not bother to list all the other utility on those classes that the sorc doesn't get ;)

hey lets take the enchanter:

an enchanter is a cabalist for the focus shield and the self-debuffing, wizard for the pbaoe, damage add and aoe nukes and a cleric for the stun...

a bard is a cleric a theurgist, a minstrel, a paladin and all rolled into one...

I could go on, but I'm just pointing out these sorts of comparisons are a bit stupid ;)

Enchanter doesn't get AoE Nuke in ANY specline except the PBAoE version. But you're right, class to class comparisons are pointless, the grass is just as brown both sides of the fence.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
Magic can get up to 100% crit even in rvr. I am a mind Sorc my cap on base-line nuke is 554.
All crits in rvr are capped at 50%, except Berserker crit while in rat form.

Danita

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Reno said:
All crits in rvr are capped at 50%, except Berserker crit while in rat form.

Danita

I've had > 50% crits on magic. Certainly on debuffs and I'm fairly certain on dd's too.

Been known to get 66 + 60 debuff str/con

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Pandemic said:
1200dmg from a chanter would have to be a pbae. so no, a sorc isn't going to do that.

Pandemic said:
My Sorcs absolute cap incl lucky crit would be 1107, difference being mainly that the chanter is debuffing for himself while the Sorc requires a Cabalist in group.
Nope, a Sorc can't hit for that. The only caster in Alb that can hit for that much would be err.... Wizard ;)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
I've had > 50% crits on magic. Certainly on debuffs and I'm fairly certain on dd's too.

Been known to get 66 + 60 debuff str/con
debuffs aren't capped at 50%. DDs are though.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
TBH !! the reason the sorc did more dmg is because he didn´t do his job well....

if he had debuffed with his 30% cold debuff the wiz would do more dmg...

:m00:

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
If u don´t understand all the utility in a wiz stop playing 1 then roll a sorc and use life drain....

Muylaetrix said:

He DOES outdamage me,
Because he don´t debuff as I said above... get a sorc who use all the utility to help the grp
Muylaetrix said:
>And... Snare nuke

Snare nuke roxx VS support classes they can´t run fast and out of range... u it can be used to slow a support class that have a assist train after him !

Muylaetrix said:
>Debuff nuke

Good for pvp... personally I mostly use it in 1 on 1 situations against tanks, after i root the tank and can start from near max range...
doh.... I personally use this DD EVERY single time I take a new taget... it gives a diffrence in the DD and then just spam the baseline DD since it is the DD with most dmg over time
Muylaetrix said:
>AE Debuff nuke

i actually like that spell, every CC`er yells at me for using it.
I use this a lot aswell vs hibs when they do cell's and after the AE nuke's got upped to a 3 sec casttime it is even better !
Muylaetrix said:
>Baseline bolt

cast vs some 1 who is trying to run away to drop speed ? or cast on the bard/pac healer when u got inc to interupt them before they even get in range if the sorc is slow/looking the other way
Muylaetrix said:

woohoo, i hit for 30 ish
This spell is one of my favorite spells tbh even tho I´m only specced 20 in earth... ppl who camp amg room, 1 GTAOE and run to dore and spam pbaoe/run inside and MoC and spem pbaoe then they will be interupted for the next 3-4 seks and u are free to kill/keep them interupted ! :clap: it roxx :cheers:
Muylaetrix said:
>Damage shield (if second line is earth)

woohoo, for 1.5 dps, i fuck up my only form of CC, the root.
never use this in RvR.... but in PvE I always give the tanks it to help them keep agro :touch:
Muylaetrix said:

just a few words from a wizz

Marc

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
It's true though - wizards do suck at the moment

Not really, TB/New Order dont complain and they seem to do ok. Its the people playing the char not the char.

Chilly

Balls of steel
wow, forgot i even posted this - i cant even remember if it was in rvr or not. Pin - the general case may well be that wizzies outdamage sorcs (as it should be) but in MY case i DID outdamamge muy, only by a few % tho. And freezingwiz, shut yer piehole, only reason i wasnt debuffing for him cos it was a solo target and i didnt need to bother, plus i like deathspam as much as the next chap. i DO debuff when its appropriate - but muy is a an utter slag and hates to assist anyone which makes debuffing for him even more useless ;)

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Comparison of an ice-specced wizard DD and a body-specced sorc lifetap is just ridiculous. You're looking at the least damaging wizard nuke vs the most damaging, relatively-rarely specced sorc nuke.

The other thing that's pissing me off on this thread are the people that are saying "I'm a Wizard. All I have is PBAE. Nerf sorcs!". You have PBAE you ****ing muppets! That cataclysmic, huge dmg output AE spell - yeah that one. Anyone who can hit a possibly infinite number of players for 600+ dmg every 2s does not deserve to whine about other classes dmg output.

In addition, the sorc lifetap draws a HUGE amount of mana, which at the end of the day will prevent them from fulfilling their support role and will get their groups killed when they need to be rooting / debuffing / amnesia-ing.

Still yet to see a hib or mid stupid enough to whine for their own class to be nerfed after they've recieved love from a patch.

:twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom