Is it allowed to post stat / damage tests done in war right now?

peo

Fledgling Freddie
Should be as the nda is dropped, but is there really much point in it since it has only been in closed beta?
I'm guessing lots will change over the first month or two.

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, if you have access to a beta server _today_ you are probably under the TBA (I think it's called). There are the more or less "internal" testers. The TBA is like an NDA but nastier, and it is still inplace.

So you can't really publish any measurments with a current build. You are however free to publish all values from the testing you did during the earlier pats of beta. But I must agree with Peo above here . It's not much point. The beta servers are little tiny things that can only handle a couple of hundred players. There are loads of measurment and statisticsprograms running on the servers that will not be there by release. And of course the client will be different when it comes to the release version.

Wait for the open beta in beginning of september. That will run on the live servers. So then it is only the beta version of the client and the diagnostic programs that the server runs that will be in your way :)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Well im not gonna go into detail and you all have valid points, but i was tempted to check it out anyway as I didnt agree with a certain shaman guide I read before testing the class..

"Shaman should focus on raising their Willpower, Intelligence, Wounds, and Toughness most of all. Our two MAIN stats however are Willpower and Intelligence. Which should you focus on more? Right now that's tough to say. You're obviously a healer but you can deal damage as well. Think about which mastery you're focusing on. If you want to be more offensive then Intelligence is a natural fit. However, I strongly believe that all Shaman should focus on willpower as their main stat. Right now we have a hard enough time keeping a group healed up and if you skimp on the Willpower it's just going to be that much tougher."

I tried different levels of intelligence by removing armor pieces step by step and casting "Bunch of Waaagh!" on the same level of mobs, same type of mob aswell. (was specced 15 mork (damage))

Made a simple regression based on the sample and found:

bunch of waaagh damage = 340,4054 + 0,048958(int), which basicly translates to; for each point int you gain 0,048958 damage in bunch of waaagh!

Seems pretty weak to me and makes int useless for a shaman. By doubling my int, I gained 18 damage, int went from 188 to 373.

increased int by 98,4%, damage increased by 2,86%

So I decided to try the same for a sorceress...

same proceedure for the sorceress but with the bolt..

bolt damage = 237,7848 + 0,304561(int)

Which shows a much stronger use intelligence, for each point in int, you gained ~0,3 damage.

increased int by 118,5%, damage increased by 24%

So unless something is fixed for live (test done during final day of closed beta), going int on shaman is useless.. :)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
cheers m8 and i guess this can trade over to the archmage too unless it is something mythic intend to change for the shaman pre-launch...

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe its because they get a tactic which increases all damage by 25% but reducing healing by 20%.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe its because they get a tactic which increases all damage by 25% but reducing healing by 20%.

yepp, altough I dont see it changing how int works for shamans.. will check it out once live perhaps, I just think the people who wrote the guide were missinformed.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
think your int is compared against their toughness and there's a cap involved which might be affecting things - hope you fed this back to GOA/Mythic :)

Int is meant to be your damage stat, willpower your healing stat, if it's not doing that something's wrong :)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
There's a combat log parser available which may be a useful aid in analysing stats change effect on damage etc during open beta and beyond.

Once OB starts ill be playing an AM with diff specs to see what suits my playstyle best in this game Here are 3 builds ill try in OB (username = Howley) and will try show the stats and vids from it pre-launch if ive the time before college starts again! etc...

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
thank god shaman's dont get a big increase on their dmg, a healing/hvy dmg caster...
the early WP was bad enough, esp combined with the block bug back then in tier 3, he could stay at 50+% when killing 3 ennemies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom