Is GOA aware of the low population on Glastonbury?

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Plus of course the 'classic ruleset' is as unbalanced as any, with its inclusion of vampir which many would argue should have been left out. (Almost all glastonbuy solo areas are perma camped by high rr vamps).

Yes if it was REAL classic, without the stupid classes of Catacombs and with OF ... then I think it would have been a longer lasting success.

\Leahc

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
What about the low population on the normal servers?

The classic servers were doomeeeeed the day they were created.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Lokir said:
wait untill everyone is back from holiday before say its over.
I think glaston have been improved. Not as much zerging
and u can get 8vs8 now.It looked like the 3 realms was more
even than before. I am going to give it a try again when i am
back from holiday

Actualy at day times there is nothing to do in NF, i logged in yesterday and today, checked Beno and Bled for around 40 minutes, the only thing i saw today was a Warlockwho was bored and suiciding on guards at Beno and a few Albs yesterday running around abit not sure what to do actualy, i didnt see any soloer or duo.

Maybe some players come back after vacations, but as soon they notice Glaston is a ghost server they will return to cluster or quit the game. The next expansion will come to late to Euro to safe classic, if it still excist at that time. Only solution imo is to cluster (better merging) Glastonbury with Salisbury, maybe the same solution for TOA clusters.

Why did GOA made so many servers in different languages in the first place?
Most of them were never even half full, darn we all are European and we are all supposed to speak English atleast for a bit.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Has anyone rightnow'd the problem of low population to GOA yet?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
Has anyone rightnow'd the problem of low population to GOA yet?
Prolly, but as theres no one on glast, they thought it was a prank call and binned it.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
they care this |-| much about classic. They already said it, stuff wont be adjusted for classic, and with only 1 english you wont get a cluster, just let it die and come back to cluster.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
And this came as news to anyone?
Just hope that GoA wont put more time into making another "different ruleset" server as they will all die down within a couple of months and are a waste of time, money and effort.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Icebreaker said:
You can't have both.....

First all whine about ZEH Zerg and now they whine about low numbers. THE funny!

And even more funny is all those: Its because of the french. the germans fucked it up, TEH spaniards did it.... blablabla

stupid

oh cmon its not quite black and white there are subtle shades of grey as far as population is concerned.

lots of people on server and people run 3fg stick rather than lots of fg action making people quit, population drops very low and there is noone to fight...im sure a sweet spot wouldve been decent population full of people willing to roam and look for fights and not all stuck in one place adding on anything that moves. That would make a very nce place to rvr, i suppose its more to do with play attitude than population.

as for the comment about nationality fucking up the server....SS & VV had nothing to do with this i suppose?

get a clue.

anyway it doesnt matter anymore, daoc is dying (dooom etc but its fucking true), barely see cluster reach 1k pop primetime and glast reach 300 odd. adjustments need to be made to centralise rvr in someway as there are too many empty areas. searching NF for an hour to find a fight and being rolled by a fg (as a soloer) is not my idea of fun.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Why did GOA made so many servers in different languages in the first place?
Most of them were never even half full, darn we all are European and we are all supposed to speak English atleast for a bit.

Since French is an official language in EU as well, you are supposed to speak French for a bit? And German too. Mind you, both used in different countries in EU and both used by many many people. We can also justify both Spanish and Italian for server languages. Imho this isn't a big problem.

And mind you, while the french speak french when they can, they group with english speaking people, and try to communicate with them in english. For some it is hard. After all some of them only speak French, German and Spanish, but they have picked up some english in the game. And they know, the Swedish, Polish, Slovakian, Hungarian, etc players learned English in addition to their native language, and perhaps something else, and for them it would be hard to pick up French. (Not only on Glast, when a friend wanted to play on french server, and we want to Carnac, and they heard some of our group doesn't speak French, they tried to speak english. For some it wasn't easy.)

When English who speak English, English and English demand everyone else should speak that language even if it is hard for them, it is quite understandable when we see some insists on French, Spanish or Italian as a reaction.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Classic server is pretty boring, i'd rather toa a char than ds it up, atleast once you get your arties etc it's a sense of achievement, ds sux :>

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
The hib zerg killed Glast, blame the players not GOA.

Agree 100% - RvR on Glast was fun and Rigante would almost certainly still be there if not for those damn french guilds in hib who persisted in running at least 2fg+ on stick every night steamrolling everyone else.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Explain this

ss and vv were the two massive french guilds that ran over everything they saw with 3fg+ whereas the english guilds tried to run 1fg.

with the massive population imbalance between hib v alb and mid they killed any sense of competition using greaters numbers rather than skill.

some realms tried to counter what we termed the bus (another zerg would be along in a minute kinda mentality) with running 2fg but then you see 5fg comming over the ridge. simply the other realms couldnt compete against the greater numbers hibs could produce (seemingly at the drop of a hat).

so everyone left...

if you didnt know any of this you obviously havent played glast in the past year.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
ss and vv were the two massive french guilds that ran over everything they saw with 3fg+ whereas the english guilds tried to run 1fg.

with the massive population imbalance between hib v alb and mid they killed any sense of competition using greaters numbers rather than skill.

some realms tried to counter what we termed the bus (another zerg would be along in a minute kinda mentality) with running 2fg but then you see 5fg comming over the ridge. simply the other realms couldnt compete against the greater numbers hibs could produce (seemingly at the drop of a hat).

so everyone left...

if you didnt know any of this you obviously havent played glast in the past year.

doesn't matter...Daoc = MMORPG, not Counterstrike, no reason to blame a nation for a few people who decided to play in Zergs.

And i doubt those Guilds fucked up the Server.I think most People were bored after the first months of fun and left to their home servers or quit. Same thing happened with the PvP Server and the Coop Server in Us. With the pvp and coop server in my mind i couldn't be bothered to roll a toon on the classic server because it was a deathbirth.

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
Annoying frenchies did my head in - From the start, until the end!

Cluster or die!

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
doesn't matter...Daoc = MMORPG, not Counterstrike, no reason to blame a nation for a few people who decided to play in Zergs.

And i doubt those Guilds fucked up the Server.I think most People were bored after the first months of fun and left to their home servers or quit. Same thing happened with the PvP Server and the Coop Server in Us. With the pvp and coop server in my mind i couldn't be bothered to roll a toon on the classic server because it was a deathbirth.

That statement is such a pile of crap, sorry but you clearly have no idea how glastonbury was or what is what like playing there. The fact is at least 100+ English speaking players on Midgard that I know of left entirely because of the state RvR got to with SS & VV running 3fg+ everynight 1930-0000 killing everything. They didn't even have a purpose it was just to farm RP's. I'm sure there were hundreds more who left because of this fact alone.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
That statement is such a pile of crap, sorry but you clearly have no idea how glastonbury was or what is what like playing there. The fact is at least 100+ English speaking players on Midgard that I know of left entirely because of the state RvR got to with SS & VV running 3fg+ everynight 1930-0000 killing everything. They didn't even have a purpose it was just to farm RP's. I'm sure there were hundreds more who left because of this fact alone.

k so many left because of 3fg zergs? rofl k

Man you really play the wrong game. and the hundreds+ who left because of 2x 3fg (which i doubt) too.

All Servers would have been empty a few months after the daoc release if your blabla up there would be the truth. (people leaving the game because of it, not the 3fg every night) ^^

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
That statement is such a pile of crap, sorry but you clearly have no idea how glastonbury was or what is what like playing there.

QTF!

Icebreaker: You obviously didnt play there.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
So, since it is an MMORPG and French weren't elitist, but invited many friends to their RVR team, and played the game well, you quit? Because looking down on others, and being elitist to extreme is your way? Well, I think it isn't the french who should be blamed for it. :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:

Man you really play the wrong game. and the hundreds+ who left because of 2x 3fg (which i doubt) too.

I highly doubt there are hundreds of such people, know why?

Because you can't have 10+ elitist fgs and some soloers in a realm. (that is 30fg in a realm) And if you would, they would meet each other more often than they meet the 2 3fg teams...

For solo / duo people, if it is 1fg or 3: little difference
For others who play in zergs? What is 3fg? The problem is: High RRs, assist, etc.

Moral of the story? They suffer because lack of leadership and the fact elitist fgs doesn't support them. Lack of community. Lack of support. It is the same old shit, we seen on cluster, and this is why english servers die fast, french servers are mostly OK.

You can guess who should be blamed for it...

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Icebreaker said:

All Servers would have been empty a few months after the daoc release if your blabla up there would be the truth. (people leaving the game because of it, not the 3fg every night) ^^

lol mate just step away, you obviously wernt on that server so your not speaking from experience and everyone else who DID PLAY GLAST is all saying the same thing...

the counterstrike argument is old, maybe i like a fantasy setting and love to rvr against human opponents, now imagine how popular CS would be when you are the only man on one side and there is 24 people on the other would you keep comming back?

I say again, cluster and toa isnt everyones cup of tea...with not being able to commit to 7hrs straight how the hell am i going to get ML's? (balancing time with wife, job, rl and daoc). So glast was the perfect place for me but those pesky zerg guilds killed it.:worthy:

Maoix rr5 SM Glast

Loads of other crap 50's on cluster.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby: 2 zergs are just 2 teams, NF is quite big.

And I have alts on Glast (active) visited some french servers because of friends, etc.

And how to do MLs? Do one encounter (step) at a time with friends. You have an option to look for groups to do such mini raids, can be done if you play 30 minutes a day, etc.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
lol mate just step away, you obviously wernt on that server so your not speaking from experience and everyone else who DID PLAY GLAST is all saying the same thing...

Doesn't matter what Server i play and which i don't. The Classic Server isn't different to any normal Server apart from the ToA/BB aspect.My experience comes from the Years i play this Game (with breaks) and i tell you again:

The low Numbers of Glast aren't a Result of those Guilds.Maybe some left because of it but fact is that the Server was doomed from the beginning. The other special Servers are the example of it. High Pop at the beginning and low pop a few months later.

And again with your view of the low pops Daoc wouldn't have survived the first months after the release.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
people were likely to drif away after the novelty of classic servers wore off, i know that the 2-3 fgs on stick did make people leave as it was starting to not become fun playing there, in the end the 2-3 fgs also suffer as there is no one to fight. They will eventually get bored and move back to there old servers.

2-f fg can be countered quiet easily, it does depend on how well the realms are balanced with population though :mad:

:m00:

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker: imho it is this simple: If English servers have bigger problems with low population compared to the french, it is clear that the french isn't the source of the low pop problems...

Case

Fledgling Freddie
The vast majority on the server were happy playing 1fg or 2fg, soloing, duoing, keeptaking ect, If you'd played on glast or had a clue you'd realise that Esselinithia. The problem is every single night the hibs would run anywhere from 3fg-6fg on stick where ever the action was killing everyone and the fact is mids, albs and even the rest of the hibs hated it. Yes you can group up and counter zerg for a bit which we did but a 3 hour grinding match at a bridge gets old real fast and in the end you go back to whats the most fun and thats decent fg v fg fights.

An average night in RvR: run 1fg get steamrolled 3 times running by 4fg on stick. Group with 2 or 3 other fg's and counter zerg. Get steamrolled by 6fg hibs half log pissed off. Go back as 1fg or 2fg get zerged by 6fg.

Yes it's an RvR game, yes it's perfectly fine in terms of the rules of the game/server. The fact is 90%+ people on the English servers at least hate playing in that fashion. So what happens? 1 guy out of a guild quits the server as he's pissed at zergs, the guild needs a replacement so gets one. Next another quits because he's pissed at the zerg so you get a replacement ect ect eventually you get to a stage where running your FG's is pointless against the now RR8+ 4fg+ on stick so you stop running groups and more quit the server. Who do I know who left because of this? 90% of my guild of 70, 90% of Dirty Deed's of 35, plus lots and lots of others.

I would love to return to Glast when it was great fun around jan - april before the hibs really started running the zergs and before the shear number of hibs really started to tell but unfortunatly that won't happen.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
1st: It isn't an RVR Game, you have plenty of other possiblities
2nd: You have POC, etc where /map won't show your loc
3rd: You have good old fashioned clock raids, when they have to take some keeps back to be able to port, and there are lots of albs in one keep, lots of mids on the other, you would have some siege...
4th: Again, why you haven't met many of the other groups? Because you decided to stay in one place, if you wouldn't want iRVR you would have better chances.
5th: Have anyone tried to speak with these guilds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom