Is GOA aware of the low population on Glastonbury?

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
As topic said, the population is just to low to play the game properly in both PvE and RvR. Its nice to see the background of several races or whatever in the Friday news but i prever to see if GOA have any plans to make Glastonbury more healthy.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
You should all know that when a developer makes "speciality servers" the game has problems...

:m00:

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Glast is suffering from the same problem the normal servers are, lack of advertising and new people.
Nothing we can do about that, its down to GOA's marketing division

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
imagine cumbria, with 1/3 of the glastonbury's population.. :(

That server never reached more than 200 ppl primetime? Even when it was new. :eek7:

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt mind if they clustered Salis with Glast tbh - would prolly start playing there again :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
people whinged, and moaned, and demanded PVP, said it would be great, look at camlann.

people whinged, and moaned, and demanded Classic, said it would be great, look at glastonbury.

you lot never fucking learn do you :p

and people wonder why we never got the co-op ruleset :m00:

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Mabs said:
people whinged, and moaned, and demanded PVP, said it would be great, look at camlann.

people whinged, and moaned, and demanded Classic, said it would be great, look at glastonbury.

qft

Agony

Fledgling Freddie
this we all knew when they annouced classik servers... its sad but true

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Agony said:
this we all knew when they annouced classik servers... its sad but true

ye, but if there wasn't anything new comming it would just be the same old, and ppl would quit cuz they got bored of the same old shit over and over again.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
glast started with a load of promise, the fact you could just roll a toon, do some DS raids and you were good to go (ok perhaps epic and champ weapon as well).

Was a breath of fresh air in the beginning to not have to compete against rr9+ characters all the fucking time, man i even remember people not having purge out in NF.

but glast was plagued by le zerg (as we all know) and it killed the population. Not really the fault of "another alternative 9 day wonder server" but the stupid french zerging retards.

Glast seems more balance atm but a side effect of being rvr ready so quick and lack of new people (or any people) is its difficult to get pick up raids. so noone can get a new alt sorted.

its only the low population that is making glast bad, the ruleset is phenominal with classes having to actually rely upon the skills they have and not op timers and win buttons created by toa.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
odd, i thought that the classic ruleset with no BBs and such would rox? must have been thinking about something else.

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
Mabs said:

Actually, im glad we had camlann, it was a great and fun not to mention challenging server at its prime... ofcourse the population is going to drop, and the server is going to die. Just like the rest of daoc is dying... Game is getting old and most players done just about anything there is to do in this game, its old rutine now and not fun anymore...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Phantomby said:
glast started with a load of promise, the fact you could just roll a toon, do some DS raids and you were good to go (ok perhaps epic and champ weapon as well).
for me it was grind to 50 then do endless DS raids to get items. very very boring, much easier to do it on a toa server where you can just buy what you want (Assuming goa havent fucked the ME) and ofc get artifacts which are so easy to get its silly.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I would proberly still be playing Glastonbury (and Daoc) if it wasn't for the shitty zergs.

They are responsible for alot of people that have left Midgard.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Raven said:
odd, i thought that the classic ruleset with no BBs and such would rox? must have been thinking about something else.

it does imo,

no 500+ nukes unless your character is high rr and desigend for dps
less pve, and easier to get (do a few DS raids)
longer lasting fights
no 430 dex casters

the only problem about the classic server were the french. They added on 99% of fights, thus making people leave - ask erupt

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
GOA need to do something else the servers will just decline and decline...

Warhammer isnt out until sometime in autumn 2007 - and at the current rate of decline, DAOC will die before then leaving them with no revenue stream to keep the servers running.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
doesnt really help that there is always something broken with the servers.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:

Was a breath of fresh air in the beginning to not have to compete against rr9+ characters all the fucking time, man i even remember people not having purge out in NF.

but glast was plagued by le zerg (as we all know) and it killed the population. Not really the fault of "another alternative 9 day wonder server" but the stupid french zerging retards.

Glast seems more balance atm but a side effect of being rvr ready so quick and lack of new people (or any people) is its difficult to get pick up raids. so noone can get a new alt sorted.

its only the low population that is making glast bad, the ruleset is phenominal with classes having to actually rely upon the skills they have and not op timers and win buttons created by toa.

You can't have both.....

First all whine about ZEH Zerg and now they whine about low numbers. THE funny!

And even more funny is all those: Its because of the french. the germans fucked it up, TEH spaniards did it.... blablabla

stupid

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
doesnt really help that there is always something broken with the servers.

I couldn't even renew today, which meant I got the email which arrives later than stated with the "try again" link which doesn't actually take you to anywhere where you can try again & probably can't actually try again until tomorrow... & not for the 1st time... Great PR/advertising =/

The subscription/payment system has been decidedly dodgy for probably longer than I've been a GOA customer. How can you expect people to pay to play when you can't even provide people who WANT to pay with a method of doing so which works quickly & reliably?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
glastonbury got boring to quick tbh, more of a casual gamers server i'd say.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I go there when I am bored, which isnt often as unlike most whiners and doooooom!!!ers, I still love this game :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with glast was SS and VV no other guilds totally crapped over rvr like those two guilds.

I didnt mind big fights i didnt mind zerged. What i did mind was rr8+ guilds going around in large groups insta killing everything they came across With ZERO challenge.

I mean it was litterally 1 person with 15 other people assisting them.

That isnt fun, big fights are fun when people dont assist off the same person.

It was fun for a while and i did enjoy it but in the end dark age lost its appeal two pretty mediocre expansions (catacombs/Dark rising) they had nothing that interested me while SI had Galladoria/ epic dungeons while toa had mls/artifacts decent quests etc.

ITs just unfortunate.

anywho im having some fun on defiant cov at the moment waiting for my chance to do my QTS

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
Glast is suffering from the same problem the normal servers are, lack of advertising and new people.
Nothing we can do about that, its down to GOA's marketing division

Imho, glastonbury also suffers from differences that are due to the fact that its both a french and english server.

Having played excal for years ive happily grouped with people from all over europe who have always made the effort to communicate. Countless times ive been impressed by young europeans giving english ago when it isnt their main language.

But glastonbury is full of french players that for the most part dont give a toss about spamming every channel going in their own language. I just cant be arsed to join groups where half of the group cant communicate with the other half, or coorinate realm wide activites like realm defence.

I have also found the french attitude to zering, cooperation, adding very different from the style of the europeans on the cluster.

Plus of course the 'classic ruleset' is as unbalanced as any, with its inclusion of vampir which many would argue should have been left out. (Almost all glastonbuy solo areas are perma camped by high rr vamps).

I enjoyed classic for a while, but to me its these failings that have become more significant and noticable as time goes on that makes me hop back to excal.

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
wait untill everyone is back from holiday before say its over.
I think glaston have been improved. Not as much zerging
and u can get 8vs8 now.It looked like the 3 realms was more
even than before. I am going to give it a try again when i am
back from holiday

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom