Is full group rvr dead on this cluster?

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Agramon was superb during the time between clustering and classic, classic however ruined it and even after most had left classic server, the cluster didnt really recover to its older glory.(FLAME)

Aye, rvr was in the main fun at this point, different groups, styles, new enemies, new realm mates to grp with/whine at, odd 2-3fg on stick lolers and such. Classic was a bad move. ;/ Just wish they'd have stalled it 12 months so we could have had the action cluster first promised for longer.

Rvr so shite and has been since classic bar a few exceptions.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
If the population of Fg players increased things would be ok, atm it is a bit on the thin side :(

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Brackus said:
you wont get fg v fg with insta rvr, if we can get more fg v fg (no adding) going in agramon that would be nice. I know AE always up for fg v fg

Stop camping bridges then :p !

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Yes we did find it in Agramon during the time between clustering and classic, it was heaven for the FG crowd. Classic just ruined it by dliuting the fg playerbase, some went classic, some didnt and the cluster just didnt recover after that even when most of the groups that went to classic stopped playing there.

the most common argument i keep hearing is that agramon lagged to much and some other los issues? At least that is the impression i got from the fg players i know:)
I can agree with raven here though and wonder why no one really organised something better allready, since its been so much whine in past about it.
But lets just hope this is it hehe.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
its simple, groups look for action and they will go whereever the action is. the preferred type of action is 8v8 but if there are simply none or not enough groups out then no, they won't roam in agramon to be bored completely shitless.

if there was a steady base of 3-4 groups from each realm then yeah agramon would be busy every day, like it has been in the past.

why people use this to sling shit at groups that prefer 8v8 i don't think i'll ever understand :p

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
ebenezer said:
I can agree with raven here though and wonder why no one really organised something better allready, since its been so much whine in past about it.
But lets just hope this is it hehe.
Vinters just did. Going Camlann is the perfect solution. Even if theres only 5 groups out, the action is nice because you can fight all of them instead of only 2/3 of them (if lucky). You cant organize this kind of stuff on cluster because the playerbase is so divided and sadly the other side has absolutely no respect for the fg crowd's chosen playstyle. Like VF said, no one will go Agramon if theres nothing to fight against, it's my favorite place to fight on cluster but if theres 16 people total on Agramon, you wont have much fun, especially if you are on the side that loses all the time (just symphatisizing? because I never lose)

Camlann will gather not only some of the active cluster groups, but lots of people have also reactivated and organized groups (like me) and also groups from German and French servers are coming along for the final fg showdown! :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its not really slinging shit, its the fact that a vocal minority of 8v8'ers have such a huge chip on thier shoulders its unbelievable, they will list reasons why daoc sucks until the cows come home, but not do anything about it. i have nothing against 8v8'ers, its the idiots that flame non 8v8'ers 24/7 then cry because people arent interested in doing it that i have a problem with. is spending a life sounding bitter and miserable a good advert for trying your hand at 8v8? is saying everyone sucks except a handfull of people encouragement for people new to it? no wonder most people just cba with it.

if you want more 8v8'ers stop acting like cockends.

edit: this isnt aimed at anyone in particuler, i have grouped with some of the best players in hib both in pve and rvr and most are really nice people but there is a serious problem with attitudes that just doesnt make 8v8 anything most people want anything to do with.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, but also...

Vodkafairy said:
its simple, groups look for action and they will go whereever the action is. the preferred type of action is 8v8 but if there are simply none or not enough groups out then no, they won't roam in agramon to be bored completely shitless.

if there was a steady base of 3-4 groups from each realm then yeah agramon would be busy every day, like it has been in the past.

why people use this to sling shit at groups that prefer 8v8 i don't think i'll ever understand :p

Well I do agree that the reason agramon is empty is that its just to few fgs that go there nowdays (or before summer ofc). But why does the amount of fgs there drop ? Well several things, lag, los, rediculous monsters, to hilly etc. But also its such a small area that low rr groups really cant compete there. Most groups of rr<rr6 just went there, had a test run, got wiped by rr11+ and returned 2-3 times then just went off and found fun with the zergs instead. With only high rr groups left it just wasnt fun enough for those groups to stay so they followed to the zerg areas. And Agramon was abandond.

Imo one big thing is that in NF the difference in RAs just make to much of an impact on the FGvsFG game for small areas to be utilized. (well atleast when its 6 RRs difference between the groups).

As someone wrote in Stajjions thread, the effects of RAs should be decreased so that they arent to OP but still useful and you would get to use your points on fun RAs also and not only the necessary ones. Imo they should just have the 1 lvl on 5 cost RAs and 3:d lvl on the low cost RAs. Would make for alot less damage outup and alot more fun fights. Where lowRR groups could land a mess by skill/luck and other group wouldnt get out of it before 5 seconds had passed!:)

/Charmangle

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
its pretty grim atm, 1-2 fg fight a night if ur lucky seems about the norm. resorting to bridge/dock camping just to get any action at all that isnt zerging. cba rerolling camlann, i sooner go fr33sh*rd i think ;)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"Well several things, lag, los, rediculous monsters, to hilly etc."

You never played WoW did you*?

Anyway 2003 was the peak of FG rvr imo, it wasn't bad a year ago but now I hardly recognise anyone on cluster, and /who is dissapointing.

* Don't bother WoW sucks.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
No matter how much people praise the FG v FG rvr what people are really after is realm points.

The problem with only having 2 or 3 fg's out is that unless those groups are about the same skill level one group will win three times easily, then the losing group gets bored and goes back to somewhere where their hourly rp isn't going to be zero.

Not entirely true - I've made my group run through Agramon for entire evenings where we get creamed constantly. The point of it was to learn something depsite the losing. Some of the group whined & wanted to go & play some where else, but if you don't play against the better people you're never going to improve.

The problem now is that there isn't enough fg's from all realms running at the same time. Fighting the same group 20 times isn't actually that fun. If 4 groups from each realm ran every night & all went to Agramon then I'd be a happy man. Instead I tend to see a plethora of hib groups, the occasional Alb group that doesn't run in pairs or stay inside the zerg & a mid group once in a blue moon. This means that we can either call the night off or we can play with the zerg. Rather than these Camlann projects & stuff if every group that signed up for that or bogging off to the US with Atos said 'we will run in Agramon no matter what & these are our nights & these are our times' then I'd be a happy man. I'd try & rearrange my life so that group nights could coincide with when enemy groups were out there & we could have fg fights again.

If we all just wanted rp's then we could sit on a bridge with a caster.

{edit} or I could read all the posts. Look at VF's post & say 'what he said'.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Eleasias said:
Yes we did find it in Agramon during the time between clustering and classic, it was heaven for the FG crowd. Classic just ruined it by dliuting the fg playerbase, some went classic, some didnt and the cluster just didnt recover after that even when most of the groups that went to classic stopped playing there.

I think this is exactly right.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Dilution is the absolute correct word. Many factors contribute, wether it be a new server or summertime or fotm rolling somewhere else. Out of the 9-10 guilds in my /as only 2 run fg's on a regular basis and thats CM and KF. Im pretty much the only regular player in my guild atm - this is due to summertime mostly.

This leave's me only 1 option which is to make a pug. A pug will rarly be able to compete with some of the mid-high rr gg mostly because of lack of experience playing together.

The summertime for me is making the best out of a bad situation and ill be honest if i dont think the pug has what it takes I will not take them intentionally into area's fg's/gg's roam because tbh i dont like looseing. The grp wont gain anything out of attacking a high rr set grp because we probably wont play together for ages so imo there no point as we wont learn anything other then /release.

Make a set grp u say? ive tried and tbh no one wants to or can commit.

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Eleasias said:
Agramon was superb during the time between clustering and classic, classic however ruined it and even after most had left classic server, the cluster didnt really recover to its older glory. FG "scene" was still quite good however, just not in Agramon, but one by one groups split up/got bored/whatever until there was just a handful left and even those have quitted now and the one's remaining (except like 1-2 groups) are the people who didnt even dare set foot in Agramon during the ealier days.

totally true, however I don't understand why the groups that rerolled classic didn't return to cluster after getting zerged down by frogs for weeks on end.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest...

Ging said:
Dilution is the absolute correct word.

Well to be honest, this is probably the most common reasong agramon is empty. Its just not fun to run vs high rr extremly well played together groups unless you have atlest the game tactics down. And atleast some of the most important RAs (hence rr6+).

No one likes to loose 90% of the time. So they remove themselves from that area and go hunt zerg and in the end those few able to compete (extremly high rr and real ggs) just dont have enough to play with for it to be fun for them. So they go zerg also, even though they dont like it. And in the end they just stop playing the game since the version of rvr they like is gone.

There needs to be enough randoms to fill out left out spots in ggs and there has to be enough randoms to give the high rr ggs some RPfarmage when they cant find enough ggs. And the last couple of "lets give Albion instawin powers"-patches has made the game unplayable for these randoms...therefore more and more people reroll Albion...and in the end thats Bad even if not all understand it yet...

/Charmangle

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
andeh said:
totally true, however I don't understand why the groups that rerolled classic didn't return to cluster after getting zerged down by frogs for weeks on end.

many groups came back .. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom