Is drinking your own piss healthy?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Urine is a waste product of the body
If it was so good for you, you'd retain it.
You wouldn't eat your own shit would you ?
Same thing.

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
I really really doubt it, but go for it tho imo, and give us a follow-up post in a couple of months, about how you're feeling, how often you've been sick etc.

Reformed

Banned
Pee - Piss - Urine are bodily excretions. In other words your body don't want the stuff so it gets rid of it. The only way the damn stuff is useful anymore is for the body to work that much harder to extract any goodness left in it. No doubt your body is up to the task but why does it taste so vile? Why is a venomous snake or spider so marked? For a reason. It is not good stuff to drink and should be left well alone. If you are over hydrated and have far too much fluid in your body then your pee will in all probability be worthwhile digesting yet again - especially if you are in a desert or something. Having been a long distance runner who sometimes went for a 22 mile very dehydrating run I don't think anyone would want to drink the brown goo that used to come out of my body for a period of time after. Drink clear water rather than your own pee makes more sense to me; or lager - sherry - but not whisky. Whisky drives me bananas.

Bodily excretions? No thank you.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I drank my own piss once during a night out... was mixed with beer though. I actually pissed in my mates pint as a dare during a drinking game while he was in the toilet. I did. But he never realised, he was a pussy and was a bit too drunk and didn't finish it off so everyone drank some of it. So at least 6 of my mates have drunk my piss.

My mum is so proud.

It didn't do me any harm. Piss is sterile anyway so you wont catch anything from it.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
piss is sterile, untill it comes into contact with the air.

with a bit of osmosis you can reduce it back down to water.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
not quite sure with disosed materials get through your urine but it might contain some bits of amino acids! who knows! - swet is urine, anything fluid your body produces cept salvia is urine if i remember correctly.

tris-

it may contain urea but im not sure its actually urine.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
tris- said:
piss is sterile, untill it comes into contact with the air.

with a bit of osmosis you can reduce it back down to water.

Bingo. Hense my reply.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
Urea is the chemical in urine which makes it stink, it's also excreted through the skin in the form of sweat and grease on the hair. Urine however is the waste products which have been filtered through the kidneys. Urea is POISONOUS, but the levels in urine and sweat would take a LOT to do any damage to you.

tris-

Morphius said:
Urea is the chemical in urine which makes it stink, it's also excreted through the skin in the form of sweat and grease on the hair. Urine however is the waste products which have been filtered through the kidneys. Urea is POISONOUS, but the levels in urine and sweat would take a LOT to do any damage to you.

that greasey shit on your skin is call sebum, if anyone is interested :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Overdriven said:
Bingo. Hense my reply.

So you're telling me, if you were stranded on a desert island yadda yadda etc etc and you only have urine to drink, you would survive long enough to die for starvation(eg. not from a lack of water)?

I dont know why I'm arguing the point, but there we go - I would have thought that urine would be a waste product which had alot of its usefull 'ingredients' removed to quench the body's need for water, the result should surely be water minus the usefull stuff?

I am not certain either way but I just would have thought that the body would consume the majority of whatever is usefull and 'dump' the rest (excuse the pun:D).

tris-

Dukat said:
I am not certain either way but I just would have thought that the body would consume the majority of whatever is usefull and 'dump' the rest (excuse the pun:D).

that may depend on how good your kidneys are tbh. i know something about if your piss containts protein then you have a problem with your kidneys filtering your blood. that may backup or not backup what im saying :p

lets suppose this -

you consume only your piss
no food
no 'clean' water

surely then, there isnt much waste except what you bring back in from drinking your piss? so yeh, maybe youd die of starvation and not dehydration. but then your piss would contain no water unless you drank water. so it would end up being uber concetrated.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
you will find that it is mainly excess of things that that the body can use that are passed through urine.

yes there are waste products also but the body needs to pass out excess useful products as well in order to maintain equilibrium within the functioning of the body systems.

yes urea makes it smell.

no I dont really fancy it :)

Reformed

Banned
I get the feeling that if you are on a desert island - hang about you would be surrounded by water if you on an island! Wait, let me think. Ok you would drink your urine forra while - while it ain't too concentrated - then you would devise a method of extracting salt free water from sea water - right? Wait I know this. Something about boiling the water and catching the steam - or was it catching the morning dew? Whichever it was there was a solution - unless you stuck in a desert without the island part. Well then you in shit street :) .

tris-

Reformed said:
I get the feeling that if you are on a desert island - hang about you would be surrounded by water if you on an island! Wait, let me think. Ok you would drink your urine forra while - while it ain't too concentrated - then you would devise a method of extracting salt free water from sea water - right? Wait I know this. Something about boiling the water and catching the steam - or was it catching the morning dew? Whichever it was there was a solution - unless you stuck in a desert without the island part. Well then you in shit street :) .

stuck on an island you would need to do one of the following -

devise a method of boiling water to leave the salt behind and then condense the steam (would need a source of cold water if i remember from school correctly)

or devise a method to collect the dew

in the desert you need to collect the dew.

but on an island, if you could purify the water couldnt you also make a saline drip to rehydrate your self, or is the salt content too high?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Piss won't do you much harm but it won't do you much good either. The only reason to drink it would be if you find it kinky.

Pervoids :eek:

tris-

Wij said:
Piss won't do you much harm but it won't do you much good either. The only reason to drink it would be if you find it kinky.

what are you doing here, heathen :eek:

Nate

FH is my second home
Wij said:

lets kill em! and we can say "your not ghandi!!! diieeee"

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bugz said:
If something was useful to you, why excrete it...?

You excrete salts when you sweat, yet you need them.

You excrete water, yet you need it.

Homeostasis ftw

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Patches O'Hooligan said:
Is it nessesary to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway caus its sterile and I like the taste of it

My Dodgeball idol says its healthy!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
fettoken said:
Filter it a few times and :drink:
you have fosters lol

you get rabbits and guinea pigs eat their own pellets when theye first pased because the fibre and stuff isnt fully taken from the food the first time round, it may be healthy and economocal but im buggered if im doing it :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
id take a good hearty buggering over drinking piddle tbh

no contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom