Is Cameron's propsed Happiness Survey a waste of taxpayers money?

Is Cameron's propsed Happiness Survey a waste of taxpayers money?

• Yes

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't give a monkeys.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Monkeys here, but then again, i don't care if they waste your money :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
don't care, you are either happy or you are not, knowing it via survey will not really change the fact...I think he wanted to use it as an alternative to using the GDP to measure how well the country is doing, kind of like "well financially we are in the kazi but hey look how frigging happy we all are!"

[Disclaimer: This may be on the link but I didn't read it as I heard all about this yesterday on the radiomaphone.]

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes.

Though some sort of study into what is causing people to be pissed off can't hurt.

Crap transport infrastructure
Lazy police
Over taxed for little return, I don't mind contributing to society if I get my monies worth, but I don't. Too many chair fillers, too many pointless courses, too many consultants, too many managers and to many stupid, useless schemes.
Little incentive to work for the lazy

A lot of this looks as though its heading for the chop under the tories (so the say anyway) except transport/roads, there is little on the horizon for that.

Oh and our ancient telecoms system needs a kick up the arse, especially rurally, BT are dragging their heals and I very much doubt the government are willing to put their hands in their pockets to sort it out. Plenty of money is spent finding out that its a joke though!

Other than that, pretty happy at the moment.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It could be a possible sham(scam, whatnot) attempt.

There's an international study of happyness, dope use, wanking, etc statistics, so this could be an attempt to go "oooh no, our people are much more happier then this nonbiased study shows! See! Numbers! No they're not fake!"

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
If they don't have an accurate figure of how happy you are, then the new happiness tax will be difficult to implement, and miserable sods will end up paying the same amount as, for example, Nick Candy the property developer.

That's clearly unfair.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Interesting isn't it - I'm a little unsure why it is called a happiness survey though. If you look at the questions, it is basically a "How can we make all the cuts we want to without pissing you all off while still managing to stay in at the next general election?" survey. I don't think it will make me any happier.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Interesting isn't it - I'm a little unsure why it is called a happiness survey though. If you look at the questions, it is basically a "How can we make all the cuts we want to without pissing you all off while still managing to stay in at the next general election?" survey. I don't think it will make me any happier.

lol. rep for perspicacity!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom