Irony

swords

Can't get enough of FH
A friend of mine has recently lost his two year old daughter to a genetic disorder which has caused her to slowly deteriorate since the day she was born.
Just 8 months ago i saw her smile, something which she could no longer do several weeks after that day.
To be taken so young may be cruel enough, but the worst part is that her father is a Paediatrician and has been for a number of years.
For a man who has devoted his life to the care and well being of children is repaid with a daughter who's illness he cannot treat.
And forced to watch her suffer until the night she could fight it no more.
That is irony. :(

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, Im sad to hear that, secondly I think that your friend should see a psychiatrist to speak about the things that he feelt after his loss.

swords said:
That is irony. :(

It's a bad way to define irony in this way. Irony for me is in a humorous way, and I therefor think it's a VERY wrong way to put it.

The way I see things, it's always a good thing to see a shrink after you lost someone, and it might be a good idea for you to see one aswell after this experience. Hope U don't have any prejudice about shrinks, they are really nice ( my old school-teacher is a shrink! :eek6: ). I have some really deep and giving talks with her now and then, and I feel uplifted and with a boost of selfasteam afterwards :)

Hope it helped. /hug

Tisme

Loyal Freddie
I couldn't even begin to know how they must be feeling.
So sorry :(

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
sad indeed :(

lets play a game of "tell pip wtf a Paediatrician is" tis fun

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Pippic said:
sad indeed :(

lets play a game of "tell pip wtf a Paediatrician is" tis fun

Doctor of medicine who's specialty is the care of children below the age of 13.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Oh man thats horiffic :(

Oh, and FYI, it is a "good" definition of irony.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Oh man thats horiffic :(

Oh, and FYI, it is a "good" definition of irony.

no its not, not even close.

and yes that is insanely bad, similar thing happened in my circle of friends. Just remember that the hurting will slowly dwindle in intensity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom