[RANT] Ironing out the bugs

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
This is the top priority imo of the game, even the basics of the game are fucking up and Mythic decide they want to release new classes.

The game isn't nearly ready for new classes, please for fucks sake fix what we have already as tbh its not enjoyable, having to log out after every scenario just to join a queue.

Alliances are fucked up and need fixing, and now we cant even use our standards because the game has decided we claimed a keep and forgot that it was captured by the enemy days ago.

Fix what we have, or dont bother fixing anything at all, at this rate you wont have any playerbase left if you don't.

I mean what the fucking point in changing the mount sounds when there was fuck all wrong with them? Stop fixing whats not broken and start fixing what is, are you fucking blind?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Different teams work on different parts of development, some will work on reactive jobs (faults) and others will concentrate on pro-active work (events/development). It's the same as any other I.T. department.

I'd bet some of those faults you've mentioned are GOA related..

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Fix what we have, or dont bother fixing anything at all, at this rate you wont have any playerbase left if you don't.

You forgot to say fuck in this line!

But yeh I agree, I dont even like the new horn sounds but I hear it the most being a white lion and using it to summon my pet!

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
well I agree, some of the things that really annoy me

- Character stability in game, I dont feel solid in the game world, I am sick of clipping through terrain, slightl lag when going over a hill and I shoot 20 foot up in the air and then die from fall damage ? Lol! Happened all the time back in TA when going over the hill for the first time.

- Cant dismount while moving for same reasons above except it really messes things up, you can be far skewed off to the left/right of your screen, facing the other way and running backwards.

- Not being able to join a scenario after you have been in one because the button bugs out (only noticed this since being inthe second maps of T4 Cinderfall/WPraag/Chaos Wastes etc, hell have never been able to join a scenario when at the Isle of the dead

- Having to practically reboot my PC after every scenario in order to continue playing the game/ The memory leaks are ridiculous and the more you play the worse you get, as it stands at the moment I play one SC games and it runs fine, come out of the scenario and the game is fucked, stuttering like a piece of crap, rejoin the quete (if it aint bugged out) and find as soon as I get in next scenario it is Warhammer Age of PowerPoint, and thats with like 10 people on the screen, my pc aint the best but I know its not my machine that is the problem because it is recently since their crappy hotfixes that it gets worse, few weeks ago I had got to the point where the game generally run well in Scenarios constantly only having to recover my ram every few games.

- Items that have the wrong graphic for the item they are, Influence rewards that are shit, I went at least 4 chapters without even considering getting influence up because the items were rubbish, half of them have incorrect stats (weapon skill for BW ?)

- Renown gear is also shit, especially the high lvl stuff. Stats on items are completely out of sync

I could probably name about 1000 more but I aint got the patience, but yes it suprises me that they would spend their development time implementing new classes when the core functionality of the game doesnt even bloody work.

Zede

Part of the furniture
c'umon....

the original horn sound as awful, and having multiple horns going off at once was pure audio torture !

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer the old horn to the new one, old one sounded war-like reminded me of LoTR for some reason, new one is a bit um... gay ? :p

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
This is the top priority imo of the game, even the basics of the game are fucking up and Mythic decide they want to release new classes.

The game isn't nearly ready for new classes, please for fucks sake fix what we have already as tbh its not enjoyable, having to log out after every scenario just to join a queue.

Alliances are fucked up and need fixing, and now we cant even use our standards because the game has decided we claimed a keep and forgot that it was captured by the enemy days ago.

I mean what the fucking point in changing the mount sounds when there was fuck all wrong with them? Stop fixing whats not broken and start fixing what is, are you fucking blind?

Little hint, you would have looked far more convincing if you'd been a bit less savage in your description.
I'm not saying you don't have a point...just keep calm, because as I was reading your post, my first though was "what a dick", even if your points are (mostly) valid.
Also, these classes aren't new classes. They were supposed to be there from the start...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
inc twat post :p

Do you actually think they are not trying to fix things? do you actually think if they could do it in a second it would not be done?

Ok now I know you have answered those questions in the favour of Mythic so just relax.

hundreds of thousands of people emailing them with minor problems/big issues all depending of course on who the person complaining is. These have to be read and put in order of priority along with being investigate to see if the person complaining isn't just a whining tool.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
inc twat post :p

Do you actually think they are not trying to fix things? do you actually think if they could do it in a second it would not be done?

Ok now I know you have answered those questions in the favour of Mythic so just relax.

hundreds of thousands of people emailing them with minor problems/big issues all depending of course on who the person complaining is. These have to be read and put in order of priority along with being investigate to see if the person complaining isn't just a whining tool.

I'm sorry but the game just doesnt play properly, thats the bottom line and in my opinion more important than reimplementing 2 classes (and probably a load of bugs for them) is stupid at this point. Fix whats wrong with the game instead of diluting it further with another 2 archetypes to worry about.

The glaring bugs in game at the moment should have been the first to go in beta, the solidity of your character in the game world is paramount to gameplay AND immersion, when you are floating 10 foot above the ground or swung round to the right running backwards, or even just making your way through the ground I cant help but think, I am paying for this crap ? I am paying a monthy sub for them to beta test their game. Unacceptable imo.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved

You seem to be stirring the debate on a number of topics at the moment. I guess it keeps the forum lively anyway.

I think his point is that their priorities seem to be different to other peoples.

I am sure some things are easier to fix than others. Issue for us is we never know what is on the "to do list".

But the things that are making the game seriously tough to enjoy for those who are organised, who run pro-active guilds, who want to be energetic in the way they play the game are apparently lower on the list than the sound that is made when someone blows their own trumpet.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Its like Microsoft word having all these cool ideas and addons but clicking on the menu's dont work properly, in fact clicking on the menus crash the software, or make the words you type appear backwards or all manner of silly shit, then Microsoft decide to make an expansion pack for it instead of fixing its core functionality, completely retarded imo ;p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
You seem to be stirring the debate on a number of topics at the moment. I guess it keeps the forum lively anyway.

I think his point is that their priorities seem to be different to other peoples.

I am sure some things are easier to fix than others. Issue for us is we never know what is on the "to do list".

But the things that are making the game seriously tough to enjoy for those who are organised, who run pro-active guilds, who want to be energetic in the way they play the game are apparently lower on the list than the sound that is made when someone blows their own trumpet.

It may appear to be stirring the debate and of course the game does have some issues, but I hate people that bring other peoples issues into their own agenda.

As you say we don't know what is on the list, all we can say is that everything is on it and they are working through it as good as they can.

I play in an active pro active guild with an active alliance and our fun is not spoilt in any way other than the major lag at the final fortress. The game plays very well in all of the other departments.

I am glad to see the changes coming up for the orvr because I think t4 scenarios are shocking. They should take away rp's earned in those so people only go there to get practice and xp.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
It may appear to be stirring the debate and of course the game does have some issues, but I hate people that bring other peoples issues into their own agenda.

As you say we don't know what is on the list, all we can say is that everything is on it and they are working through it as good as they can.

I play in an active pro active guild with an active alliance and our fun is not spoilt in any way other than the major lag at the final fortress. The game plays very well in all of the other departments.

I am glad to see the changes coming up for the orvr because I think t4 scenarios are shocking. They should take away rp's earned in those so people only go there to get practice and xp.

no, just no :p the game doesnt play very well in all other departments, its fucked :p I spend half my time merged with the terrain or running backwards while facing left or some other such nonsense, its buggy, its lame, its rudamentary mistakes by a company with how many years game development history ?

The problem is they have blatently shelved these problems to the back burner while they introduce two new classses (and a myriad of new bugs and issues with those classes to add to the masses already in game)

This is the thing that annoys me and probably a lot of people, why would you put focus on new content when the content they already have doesnt work as it should ?

I find it flat out offensive that they pass this build off as a retail version of their game, If it wasnt for the fact I love the idea the game stands for and the lore, and I have a bit of patience and nothing else really around to play I would have quit ages ago, paying for a beta, and a crayy beta build at that is just lame.

Go and play one of the magnitude of Free 2 play games, they are all shit and they are all boring as hell but you know what, at least it runs prooerly and there are no overly abundant graphical bugs or glitches that hinder your playtime.

I mean look at that pit of shades problem, still there now, been reported countless times for over a year and it still exists today (and it does cause Sor'c serious problems) yet its not fixed but they got time to reimplement 2 new classes ;p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
no, just no :p the game doesnt play very well in all other departments, its fucked :p I spend half my time merged with the terrain or running backwards while facing left or some other such nonsense, its buggy, its lame, its rudamentary mistakes by a company with how many years game development history ?

If this was a huge problem we'd see more about it ;)

I sometimes encounter problems when I get dismounted - that's it. If you're running sideways whilst facing another direction then that's more down to the interface with the autoface on cast (hint: right click :) faces you the direction your camera is in) - that's not a bug with the game that's you not getting along with the interface... maybe it's a problem that should be looked at and fixed for those that it's not working for but top of the list of priorities?

To use the same metaphor as above it's more like "If you click on file, open and scroll up and down a couple of times the graphics go a bit funny." than "if you click on a menu the game crashes".

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
I mean look at that pit of shades problem, still there now, been reported countless times for over a year and it still exists today (and it does cause Sor'c serious problems) yet its not fixed but they got time to reimplement 2 new classes ;p

Amen to that, have to constantly have spell effects off as 1 in 5 casts of pit of shades will bug and I will go nearly blind in alot of situations (trying to move down a slope with that bugged effect under your feet is just outright suicide alot of the time)

And to say the game is working fine apart from 1 issue, the lag in fortresses, is so off the mark its unreal. The OP's post does make him come off as a dick (as someone else has said) but he still is right with alot of his points, some errors have been reported thousands of times over a long long time, 1 year+ in some cases, yet they are still present. Imo 1 year+ isn't just enough time to fix an error but its almost enough time to make a decent % of a new game, so I do wonder how many people they must employ to fix errors as opposed to adding new content/events.

I sometimes encounter problems when I get dismounted - that's it. If you're running sideways whilst facing another direction then that's more down to the interface with the autoface on cast (hint: right click :) faces you the direction your camera is in) - that's not a bug with the game that's you not getting along with the interface... maybe it's a problem that should be looked at and fixed for those that it's not working for but top of the list of priorities?

To use the same metaphor as above it's more like "If you click on file, open and scroll up and down a couple of times the graphics go a bit funny." than "if you click on a menu the game crashes".

You mean like when they fixed an error which made people crash to desktop that actually made people crash alot more? :)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

Its not just when mounted and unmounted, other day I spend 5 minutes under the rock in the middle of SP running round happily underground, I could even target people and attack them, what caused this bug ? I duno I was standing on the rock, cast a spell and next thing I am underground.

Or then there is my time in TA, any time I run over the hill I would shoot up maybe 30foot in the air and fall to my death, this happens all over the game wold. You can even cause this crap yourself by taking screenshots, you lag out for a few seconds, if you happen to be jumping or something at the time you can get yourself to shoot up in the air, I have ran up massive buildings doing this, its open to all kinds of expoitation.

Facing the wrong way is not the problem you are talking about (I know about auto face)

The problem is when you dismount your character will no longer be in third person , it is off to the left or right of your screen, sometimes slanted towards the ground looking and running backwards perpendicular to the way you would like to run. Your camera then goes mad occasionally trying to track it, it makes it really hard to control and see whats going on.

These problems are not even rare occurances, it happens all the time every single day I play, I ignored them at first but the more it happens the more annoying it gets and the more frustrated I get.

These kid of problems to me, are just stupid and suprely these kind of things should have NEVER made it to the official retail version of the game.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno about other people, even Penlid, but I don't report bugs as much as I should.

If we want bugs fixed, we need to report it (through the ingame bug reporting function) EVERYTIME we experience it. The widespred/high impact ones are much more likely to get fixed this way.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
These problems are not even rare occurances, it happens all the time every single day I play, I ignored them at first but the more it happens the more annoying it gets and the more frustrated I get.

These kid of problems to me, are just stupid and suprely these kind of things should have NEVER made it to the official retail version of the game.

Never experienced anything like you've posted... not saying you haven't just that it's maybe not affecting everyone - a problem that affects 1/1000 isn't going to get as much attention as one that affects 1/2, it's also a damned sight harder to track down.

You've reported these bugs I take it? (preferably with steps on how to reproduce it)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Or then there is my time in TA, any time I run over the hill I would shoot up maybe 30foot in the air and fall to my death, this happens all over the game wold. You can even cause this crap yourself by taking screenshots, you lag out for a few seconds, if you happen to be jumping or something at the time you can get yourself to shoot up in the air, I have ran up massive buildings doing this, its open to all kinds of expoitation.

I get this problem too, it doesn't happen very often though. The first time it happened I laughed at how ridiculous it was, but now the novelty has worn off.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Never experienced anything like you've posted... not saying you haven't just that it's maybe not affecting everyone - a problem that affects 1/1000 isn't going to get as much attention as one that affects 1/2, it's also a damned sight harder to track down.

You've reported these bugs I take it? (preferably with steps on how to reproduce it)

Yes I did report it, try it yourself, go to any camp in say hmm Averlorn. Find a building run at while jumping and spam the SS key a few times, if you get the 1-2 second delay and your screen freezes you will find yourself flying up the building, keep doing it while jumping and you can get to the top. You can do this practically anywhere in the world.

Its a lot to do with lag, but you can cause lag yourself a number of ways (the SS one or using cacheman to recover ram will get you the desired effect)

Tested it loads, wont work 100& but if you go at it a few times it will work.

But the unmounting bug happens everytime you dismount while moving, it doesnt even clear when you die, only way to get rid is to remount and unmount again while stationary.

There was once I spent some time actually standing on the back of my house with my arms out lol,

Not to mention the bugged scenario button.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I get this problem too, it doesn't happen very often though. The first time it happened I laughed at how ridiculous it was, but now the novelty has worn off.

It literally happened to me 1 in every 2 games, I duno if it was the exact position I was running at the hill from but more often than not, hit top of hil BAM shooting up in the air, sometimes I survived, Mostly I died from 4k fall damage :p

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sorry but the game just doesnt play properly, thats the bottom line and in my opinion more important than reimplementing 2 classes (and probably a load of bugs for them) is stupid at this point. Fix whats wrong with the game instead of diluting it further with another 2 archetypes to worry about.

The glaring bugs in game at the moment should have been the first to go in beta, the solidity of your character in the game world is paramount to gameplay AND immersion, when you are floating 10 foot above the ground or swung round to the right running backwards, or even just making your way through the ground I cant help but think, I am paying for this crap ? I am paying a monthy sub for them to beta test their game. Unacceptable imo.

None of this ever happens to me, so it's either your ISP, your connection or your computer.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
None of this ever happens to me, so it's either your ISP, your connection or your computer.

Uhm my pc is quite above average and got dedicated bandwidth with good response times to servers, yet SOMETIMES it happens to me too.
Imo it's a problem server side, sometimes he can't compute all the shit and you end up in a strange xyz position.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I did report it, try it yourself, go to any camp in say hmm Averlorn. Find a building run at while jumping and spam the SS key a few times, if you get the 1-2 second delay and your screen freezes you will find yourself flying up the building, keep doing it while jumping and you can get to the top. You can do this practically anywhere in the world.

Its a lot to do with lag, but you can cause lag yourself a number of ways (the SS one or using cacheman to recover ram will get you the desired effect)

Tested it loads, wont work 100& but if you go at it a few times it will work.

But the unmounting bug happens everytime you dismount while moving, it doesnt even clear when you die, only way to get rid is to remount and unmount again while stationary.

There was once I spent some time actually standing on the back of my house with my arms out lol,

Not to mention the bugged scenario button.

Again, tried this, doesn't happen for me, but that might be because i have a high spec PC and a good connection so don't lag much. God knows tbh.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I got a fairly descent computer also, not great but still it is adequare for what WaR required, its certainly not my ISP I got a 10meg connection that is extremely reliable.

I also dont see how my PC performance could effect where my character is in relation to the game world ? as that would suggest the calculations etc are done on my client rather than the server which is well, hmm as we all know dodgy!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Don't get me started on interface bugs. I was ranting on Vent the other night about the crappy programming of what Mythic calls an interface.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Update on the guild standard bug.

Sent an appeal at 16:10 this afternoon using the Stuck In World Geomatry tab, explaining my problem again.

2 minutes later a CSR contacted me including information on previous appeals and asked me to log off my account for 20 minutes while he fixes the bug.

This tbh is outstanding support by GOA on Sunday afternoon, i'm actually stunned!

Will let you know if its fixed.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
It comes down to this:

Fixing bugs doesn't generate extra revenue. Expansion packs usually do even if they are "in-game" ones that you don't have to pay for. I would expect that you'd have to pay an extra charge to access events a few months down the line - get the playerbase interested in them first then start charging. It's what any business interested in making money would do sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom