Iron browser, Chrome without the google getting your data

Jeros

Part of the furniture
SRWare Iron - The Browser of the Future

Its based of googles chromium, googles open source project on which chrome itself is based, however the major difference is that Iron does NOT send any of your data to google as you browse, so you can enjoy the speed (and tbh in my experiance chrome IS a lot faster than even the new versions of firefox) without worrying about where your data is going.

And of course all skins, extensions and apps for chrome will work as they do in chrome.

Check it out!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Google Chrome has an option not to send usage stats. May aswell just keep using it instead of some browser with a shit name. And it's off by default afaik.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
lol!

....and who knows what other security issues this new browser has!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
lol!

....and who knows what other security issues this new browser has!

I'm sure the code monkeys who rip apart open source projects like this (the source code is freely available on their website) would have called foul by now if there was a privacy issue.

Besides, they would not get any donations if there was an issue would they.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm not saying they are being malicious. I meant they have missed something which would give rise to a security issue.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm not saying they are being malicious. I meant they have missed something which would give rise to a security issue.

Well the source is based on chromium, so chrome users would be just as vulnerable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom