News Irish Filesharer Crackdown

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Indeed.

And the nonsense spouted earlier about there being no money in tours or gigging is utterly false. Talk to ANY artist and they'll tell you that's where they make their money.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Indeed.

And the nonsense spouted earlier about there being no money in tours or gigging is utterly false. Talk to ANY artist and they'll tell you that's where they make their money.

Have done (extensively, for reasons that hopefully will become clear in the future) and you're wrong. And I never said there was no money in it, but it doesn't offset the royalty loss for most artists. The main problem is simply a finite supply of venues and dates, and an increasing number of artists who've had to go back to touring to make up for lost revenue (hence all the 80s comebacks - they're not doing it out of love for their former bandmates or their audience) all competing for the same space.

Like so many things in life, touring works if you're at the top or the bottom of the market, for the vast majority in the middle its a marginal proposition.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Speaking to Lars Ulrich and his golden swimming pool doesn't count.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
(hence all the 80s comebacks - they're not doing it out of love for their former bandmates or their audience)

Yes, they're doing it because they were stupid and spunked their money away knowing full well their career choice doesn't last long. They didn't have the foresight to better themselves as people and learn another trade, or educate themselves, and have to fall back on the only thing they know how.

Shall I cry for all those wasted lines of 80s coke and hookers with hair taller than Trem's massive erect penis? No.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Am I smug about it? Well I wasn't, but I am now that I know Scouse can't manage it ;)

Your smugness is giving me added motivation to up the boycott - but then I'd probably do a lot more environmental damage driving across Nottingham to go to the co-op instead.

Aaargh! The conflict! :(

Shall I cry for all those wasted lines of 80s coke and hookers with hair taller than Trem's massive erect penis? No.

I was off to cry because I've never experienced 80's coke and hookers but I think the lack of a "Tremcock Experience" (TM) will cheer me up :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yes, they're doing it because they were stupid and spunked their money away knowing full well their career choice doesn't last long. They didn't have the foresight to better themselves as people and learn another trade, or educate themselves, and have to fall back on the only thing they know how.

Sorry I must have missed the part where I said I gave a rat's arse about Spandau Ballet or whoever. I don't give a toss that they have to tour, but they do, and that effects the viability of touring itself because capacity is (fairly) inelastic.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nooooooo. Former pop stars deserve to cane in royalties to keep them rich forevermore even when they are totally shit. How dare anyone suggest that someone who was once famous should get a job ! :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I think every gig I've ever been to has been directly due to finding that band on the internet first. Apart from one.

DAMN THIS EVIL MONEY GRABBING MACHINE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom