Fact Ireland is fabulous!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
good going the Irish! @DaGaffer can finally stop feeling bad about not wearing his heels and short-shorts to work :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
First time I've actually voted in Ireland. I voted No! (To lowering the age of candidates for the presidency; the gay thing sure yes why not?).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
First time I've actually voted in Ireland. I voted No! (To lowering the age of candidates for the presidency; the gay thing sure yes why not?).
Cool. I'll get the next flight. You book the church. :fluffle:

(where's the old :wij: smilie by the way :()

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I didn't even know it was illegal, can't get excited about latest gay/lesbian/transgender/bisexual rights because it's all getting a bit forced, but great slap in the face for ultra conservative catholicism ghat the Irish have lived under for hundreds of years, of course what comes around etc...I'm sure homophobia is merely playing the long game in peoples minds.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tbh i think most young people find the debate a little irrelevant, homosexuality is a non issue so voting yes for equality is a no brainer

Job

But we still use gay as a derogatory term right?
Got me worried there, getting a bit gay in here.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bet the church is happy, hats off to Ireland, welcome to the 21st century.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But we still use gay as a derogatory term right?
Got me worried there, getting a bit gay in here.

Only the cerebrally challenged.

Wont be long and the child rapists over at the Vatican will be changing their mind soon too.

Last edited:

Job

But EVERYONE uses gay as a term to describe something being pathetic or not quite up to it...
I mean really, are we all having a mass denial episode.
Family Guy uses it that way and it's created by a gay guy.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Only semi-ironically. Though I know irony is something you don't get.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
@Job will now present the case that actually Macfarlane is gay because he dresses well, or he can sing, or something.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Here is a snippet from Seth Macfarlanes Wiki page. He is a big supporter of gay rights, but have a look at the last few sentences . I'll spoiler it as its long

Gay rights support

MacFarlane is passionate about his support for gay rights. He said it is "infuriating and idiotic" that two gay partners "have to go through this fucking dog and pony act when they stop at a hotel and the guy behind the counter says, 'You want one room or two?'" He went on to say, "I'm incredibly passionate about my support for the gay community and what they're dealing with at this current point in time".[42] MacFarlane continued, "Why is it that Johnny Spaghetti Stain in fucking Georgia can knock a woman up, legally be married to her, and then beat the shit out of her, but these two intelligent, sophisticated writers who have been together for 20 years can't get married?"[42]

MacFarlane, in recognition of "his active, passionate commitment to humanist values, and his fearless support of equal marriage rights and other social justice issues", was named the Harvard Humanist of the Year in 2011.[152]

Despite his supportive position on gay rights, MacFarlane was criticized for his portrayal of transsexualism in the Family Guy episode "Quagmire's Dad". Gay novelist Brent Hartinger found the episode's inclusion of transphobic remarks from Peter and Lois Griffin — as well as a scene of Brian vomiting profusely upon discovering his new girlfriend to be Glenn Quagmire's father – to be "shockingly insensitive". Hartinger continued, "Frankly, it's literally impossible for me to reconcile last night's episode with MacFarlane's words, unless I come to the conclusion that the man is pretty much a complete idiot".[153] The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, a LGBT media watchdog organization, shared "serious concerns being voiced from members of the community" about the episode.[154] MacFarlane said he was "surprised" by the negative reaction to "Quagmire's Dad", saying that "it seemed that [gay commentators] were not picking up on the fact that it was a very sympathetic portrayal of a transsexual character". He further added, "Look, Brian happens to be a heterosexual character, as I am. If I found out that I had slept with a transsexual, I might throw up in the same way that a gay guy looks at a vagina and goes, 'Oh, my God, that's disgusting.'"[155]

DaGaffer

Here is a snippet from Seth Macfarlanes Wiki page. He is a big supporter of gay rights, but have a look at the last few sentences . I'll spoiler it as its long

Gay rights support

MacFarlane is passionate about his support for gay rights. He said it is "infuriating and idiotic" that two gay partners "have to go through this fucking dog and pony act when they stop at a hotel and the guy behind the counter says, 'You want one room or two?'" He went on to say, "I'm incredibly passionate about my support for the gay community and what they're dealing with at this current point in time".[42] MacFarlane continued, "Why is it that Johnny Spaghetti Stain in fucking Georgia can knock a woman up, legally be married to her, and then beat the shit out of her, but these two intelligent, sophisticated writers who have been together for 20 years can't get married?"[42]

MacFarlane, in recognition of "his active, passionate commitment to humanist values, and his fearless support of equal marriage rights and other social justice issues", was named the Harvard Humanist of the Year in 2011.[152]

Despite his supportive position on gay rights, MacFarlane was criticized for his portrayal of transsexualism in the Family Guy episode "Quagmire's Dad". Gay novelist Brent Hartinger found the episode's inclusion of transphobic remarks from Peter and Lois Griffin — as well as a scene of Brian vomiting profusely upon discovering his new girlfriend to be Glenn Quagmire's father – to be "shockingly insensitive". Hartinger continued, "Frankly, it's literally impossible for me to reconcile last night's episode with MacFarlane's words, unless I come to the conclusion that the man is pretty much a complete idiot".[153] The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, a LGBT media watchdog organization, shared "serious concerns being voiced from members of the community" about the episode.[154] MacFarlane said he was "surprised" by the negative reaction to "Quagmire's Dad", saying that "it seemed that [gay commentators] were not picking up on the fact that it was a very sympathetic portrayal of a transsexual character". He further added, "Look, Brian happens to be a heterosexual character, as I am. If I found out that I had slept with a transsexual, I might throw up in the same way that a gay guy looks at a vagina and goes, 'Oh, my God, that's disgusting.'"[155]

Man in telling-the-truth revelation. Oh the horror. You can fully endorse and support sexual equality in all its forms; that isn't the same thing as wanting to engage in all its forms or even finding the idea of certain types of sex palatable.

Job

Well thanks for that...meanwhile gay is still a widely used derogatory term and maybe it's used 'ironically' in Family Guy, but that's more likely to be a failsafe opinion so as not to offend...a bit like , dare I say..a Nigel Farage slander.
Oh and Seth not gay?
Who the fuck ishewethem kidding.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i'll stick a dildo up my ass just to celebrate tonight. The usual thing to do right?

On the *waves finger at discussion* that...gay is like the "n word", if it's used derogatorily then it's bad and in entertainment to show the mental state of a person more then anything.

You can see it on this forum as well, so let's not get "high and mighty" about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or even :kiss: ?
@Deebs - bring back the old smilies!

Yes, they look messy, but are we form over function around here? Could just run *both* sets and let people choose?

Edit: Oh, and if you say "no" again - let me just say "gayyyyyyyyy"...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Good one. Although, I've never found Ireland (Dublin where i visited) to be inhabited by small-minded people. Sure, they're all a bunch of drunkards (as well as in Sweden), but nice, open and polite as well. Could be due to a large amount of foreigners present there as well. @DaGaffer - You don't happen to have socialized with two guys owning a food-court named The Meat Wagon or some such? Crazy guys, knows how to party properly.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Im fairly certain DaGaffer only associates with Meat Wagon types

If you know what i mean wink wink nudge nudge

DaGaffer

Good one. Although, I've never found Ireland (Dublin where i visited) to be inhabited by small-minded people. Sure, they're all a bunch of drunkards (as well as in Sweden), but nice, open and polite as well. Could be due to a large amount of foreigners present there as well. @DaGaffer - You don't happen to have socialized with two guys owning a food-court named The Meat Wagon or some such? Crazy guys, knows how to party properly.

Know where it is, (next to the Jameson distillery) but I've never been. Smithfield is a funny part of town for going out; there are some nice restaurants and a couple of good bars, but its never really on my radar to go to that part of town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom