IRC Servers

M

mank!

Right, me and a bunch of mates are looking for a new IRC server to relocate to as the one we use keeps getting DoS attacks and is down half of the time because of it. The only problem is we need a java applet.

Does anyone know of any IRC servers which have all the usual jazz, Chanserv et al, as well as a java applet?

Ta

D

Durzel

irc.barrysworld.com ?

No JAVA applet though so I don't even know why I suggested it. I think its got a decent WebIRC system though.

E

echo

Manky, linkline.liveharmony.org (www.liveharmony.org) has a Java app thingit, but it's always down to DoS attacks like you mentioned, maybe we're talking about the same server here.. :)

If you know someone with money/cracking skills, www.jpilot.com or www.jirc.com, I forget which, is a Java app you can stick on a webpage and get on any network with... Hmm

M

mank!

heh, it's for #foreverdelayed honey ;)

I think we've found one, sorcery.net, but dunno yet!

[btw: haven't watched 1984 yet, i will do soon and post it back! i haven't forgotten :D]

E

echo

Ahh, they've put a scrubber like you in charge of finding them a home?!

irc.shadowfire.org, you slaaag, and then http://www.botservice.net/, where you can get a lovely channel bot (as well as chanserv or whatever) for the channel to make it lovely and cosy.

Sorted, innit :)

M

mank!

I'm not in charge bitchlamer, I'm just being nice :D

M

mank!

yep, we're on shadowfire :)

come see meeeee (and the other people :p)

Users who are viewing this thread