IRC network

Martz

Fledgling Freddie
Now that barries is water under the bridge, will you be considering alternative IRC networks to quakenet and the likes?

I only wonder because since you seem to be going solo, you may choose to run your own IRC network or servers and link them to a smaller network ;) More control, fine tuning, and unique IRC/Game/Web related services can be developed without having to get quakenet involved.

Just a thought.

Will

/bin/su
While that seems like a valid point, most gamers in Europe are so tied into Quakenet (few clans don't have a channel), that I can't see it happening.

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think it'd be a good idea really for the exact reasons will has stated, Its no big deal to use 2 servers with mirc nowadays, but even thats too much hassle for most people and you'd just end up with a server with a very small population.

Who knows though maybe somewhere down the line freddys house will make their own quakenet server to replace the soon to be lost lost barrysworld ones, we can but hope :)

Will

/bin/su
Also, we shamelessly took the piss of some other GSPs IRCD, back in the day. Hashnet was the IRCD, I can't remember the GSPs name. They did have some tacky jiggling women on their website though. Weird how I remember them, eh? The GSP is gone now though.

Padwah

Fledgling Freddie
netgamesuk if I remember rightly, or something similar anyway.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
Also, we shamelessly took the piss of some other GSPs IRCD, back in the day. Hashnet was the IRCD, I can't remember the GSPs name. They did have some tacky jiggling women on their website though. Weird how I remember them, eh? The GSP is gone now though.
Unfortunatly there are still smudges of shit left over.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
/me recalls Deathace's NGUK bashing column. Quality.

Users who are viewing this thread