News Iran

Chilly

Balls of steel
Who's they?

The few politicians and army generals mad enough to do it - or the population, who've no say in the matter?

Also, say we did do it. What does the rest of the world do? Science shows us that that once one human does something then the likelihood of another following suit increases exponentially. The political ramifications would make world war increasingly likely, and since nukes are already being thrown around what's to stop someone else wading in. Like China, for example?

I won't bring up the ongoing environmental issues to go alongside needless life-loss or someone'll jump me...
Last time someone nuked someone else we all became friends with them very very quickly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Last time someone nuked someone else we all became friends with them very very quickly.

Because the politicians stood up and took notice of the horrors therein. They realised that nuclear technology was a game changer and that nuclear war means we all lose.

Our "deterrent" is never meant to be used - for obvious reasons.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yes. And kill every man, woman and child in that country. When it comes down to survival, there's no half measures.

Absolutely right. Survival is all there is. It's the dear old sense of British fair play that makes people say things like the quote I posted above, it's not fair , we have atom bombs, why shouldnt they be allowed them?

Because they might bomb us, thats why! Lets keep all the nukes, then we can be sure we wont get nuked, and that other countries know we can nuke them. Not exactly cricket old boy, but it's real life :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Iran is a weaker threat then Iraq was before the invasion.(Their army was alot bigger and better equipped then what the iranian army is now). This is ofcourse if not china or russia intervene(Which I doubt will be the case for China, seeing that they wont risk their economic growth by going on a war against US/Europe).

It is also speculated that ground units wont be used at all if a war is breaking loose(As it will basically be to much of a cost), and it will probably be a airborn / naval strike bombing everything that is seen as a threat.

As for myself, I'm also for bombing the shit out of them IF it is proven with hard facts that they are developing nuclear bombs.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Chilly, i found you a new avatar...

drstrangelove_40ae_07.jpg

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Israel will not confirm nor deny involvement.

Where in the article can you read this?

"There has also been speculation in Israel's media that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering ordering strikes against Iran's nuclear sites, in the hope of stalling or ending its programme."

Where this is all I can find written about Israel.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nukes are pointless anyway today because no cunt can launch them even if they wanted to :p because that many people have nukes they'll be retaliated upon and more or less wiped out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

An elite military force, the Revolutionary Guard was set up shortly after the 1979 Iranian revolution to defend the country's Islamic system.

That the same sort of "elite" force that Saddam was supposed to have protecting him?

You know. The ones that chickened and ran as soon as our tanks poured over the border?

Elite my arse.

Edit: Hey, anyone wonder if the explosions (that keep happening) have something to do with the Iranians overruning our embassy?

Nah. That's just silly, eh?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The US and UK have neither the stomach nor the money for another war in the current financial climate. The last two wars added significantly to our national debts and the markets wouldn't tolerate any more. More likely we'll be hoping for a Libyan style uprising and fingers crossed on the outcome.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes. What we definitely need to do is keep a load of f00king expensive nuclear weapons that we're never going to use.

Seriously. If someone nuked us, do you think we should nuke them back?

Well you should know why we have them and with this running out of money and that, they are a nice backup if all else fails and at 2 billion quid a complete bargain,

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well you should know why we have them and with this running out of money and that, they are a nice backup if all else fails and at 2 billion quid a complete bargain,

How are they a "backup" if we can't realistically use them?

Job

Well if we are in a situation where we need them, we'll use them...a backup :cool:

Job

Actually, our Tridents can be adjusted from 0.3 to 100KT, in reality they have a use for strategic strikes and not just starting WW3, of course a strategic strike on Moscow may get nasty.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Israel is most likely to drop a bomb on it more than any one else, that might set of a regional war and drag in others from further afield.

Only if Iran attacked them first.

rynnor

Rockhound
Actually, our Tridents can be adjusted from 0.3 to 100KT, in reality they have a use for strategic strikes and not just starting WW3, of course a strategic strike on Moscow may get nasty.

The UK cant use its nukes without US approval...

soze

I am a FH squatter
You're a fool then Chilly.

How would thermonuclear war (and the mass slaughter of millions of people who would never have dreamed of pushing the button) help?
If Iran set of a Nuke in Manchester and killed a million people you do not think we should fight back?

If America and Russia go to war and we have no nukes so no MAD what is to stop Russia launching 3 or 4 nukes and taking us completely out of the fight? For MAD to work you need to know that people will be willing to kill everyone only as a last resort.

The only thing stopping us getting nuked is the treat of our Subs unleashing hell in revenge. The UN ect would never Nuke over our country being wiped of the map so IMO we need to keep and never use them.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Actually not only if Iran attacked them first, they've done it to Syria.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

I think you'll find that the UK can do whatever it likes with its nukes, and to hell with the yanks if they don't like it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
There are rumours that the subs have protocols so if they lose all contact with the high command they have standing orders to unleash hell. If they needed yank approval that would not be the case.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
AFAIK the sub commanders can launch without authorisation. I don't think (not that I know much about this) that we have the same system as the yanks - I think ours is like what you see in Crimson Tide.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If Iran set of a Nuke in Manchester and killed a million people you do not think we should fight back?

Manchester?

If a nuke went off in Manchester it would be a tragedy. A worldwide tragedy. Millions of innocent people who would never have harmed a fly and who don't give a fuck about world politics would die. The fallout would affect the surrounding area for years to come.

I, for one, think that adding hugely to that criminal death toll would definitely be the most fun humans could have with nuclear weapons. Glass the planet, I say. Innocent or not, people deserve to die.

I think, because a small number of humans have a desparate need to control what everyone else is doing, and most of the rest of humanity are sheep, desparately looking for a leader, we should wrap ourselves up in nuclear weaponry and act like humans have been acting for thousands of years. And kill other humans, regardless of fault...

:(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Really?

Either way - it shouldn't be a problem. If it ever got stupid enough that we'd use nuclear weapons the US would have fired all theirs long ago, the retard cowboys that they are...

:)

I think ours is like what you see in Crimson Tide.

Christ on a bike, we're all fucked :eek:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Manchester?

If a nuke went off in Manchester it would be a tragedy. A worldwide tragedy. Millions of innocent people who would never harm a fly would die. The fallout would affect the surrounding area for years to come.

I, for one, think that adding hugely to that criminal death toll would definitely be the most fun humans could have with nuclear weapons. Glass the planet, I say. Innocent or not, people deserve to die.

I think, because a small number of humans have a desparate need to control what everyone else is doing, and most of the rest of humanity are sheep, desparately looking for a leader, we should wrap ourselves up in nuclear weaponry and act like humans have been acting for thousands of years. And kill other humans, regardless of fault...

:(
I picked Manchester so the Government survives in London. If London is gone I think all the subs go full on so worst case. If we were hit by a Nuke that could be tracked back to a country I for one would rather see tactical revenge rather than a city of people getting killed, and i do not think the world at large would allow a retaliatory strike. Nukes would only every go lose if our whole country was wiped off the planet.

I also agree that nukes should never be used but not having them is not an answer unless everyone gets rid of them at the same time.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

As Tom says, nope. Its a myth about US control; if anything the UK has fewer checks and balances over its permissive action links than the US does; its entirely possible for a rogue Vanguard captain to launch his missiles without government involvement at all. Scary huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom