News Iran

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would bet while he could launch if the UK Command and Control was still in one piece the missiles could be ditched before going anywhere. The subs are only truly free if the admiralty is dead and buried i would think?

rynnor

Rockhound
I think you'll find that the UK can do whatever it likes with its nukes, and to hell with the yanks if they don't like it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-11661381

The US maintains trident, US contractors run the Trident base, maintain the subs etc. etc.

Edit oh and they run Aldermaston and the other nuclear research sites in the UK.

Its also rumoured the US gave Russia details about our nuclear deterrent to get Russia to sign a non-proliferation treaty.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So what if a US company maintains Trident?

"The MoD said the site would stay under its control and that the security of Britain's Trident missile nuclear deterrent would not be compromised."

From the same link.

rynnor

Rockhound
"The MoD said the site would stay under its control and that the security of Britain's Trident missile nuclear deterrent would not be compromised."

They can secretly set them all to a yield of a large cruise missile and tell the russians if it suits their purposes.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Where in the article can you read this?

"There has also been speculation in Israel's media that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering ordering strikes against Iran's nuclear sites, in the hope of stalling or ending its programme."

Where this is all I can find written about Israel.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-west-and-tehran/story-e6frg6so-1226209996774

On Monday, Dan Meridor. the Israeli Intelligence Minister, said: "There are countries who impose economic sanctions and there are countries who act in other ways in dealing with the Iranian nuclear threat."
Major-General Giora Eiland, Israel's former director of national security, told Israel's army radio that the Isfahan blast was no accident. "There aren't many coincidences, and when there are so many events there is probably some sort of guiding hand, though perhaps it's the hand of God," he said.
A former Israeli intelligence official cited at least two other explosions that have "successfully neutralised" Iranian bases associated with the Shahab-3, the medium-range missile that could be adapted to carry a nuclear warhead. "This is something everyone in the West wanted to see happen," he added.

Also "The hand of God" is a nickname for Israeli special forces.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Also "The hand of God" is a nickname for Israeli special forces.

Yup. Israel's been attacking other countries with impunity for decades. They've got nukes y'see.

Funny how Iran would like to be in the same position? A nuclear weapon would make Iran practically safe from invasion and if their sites got bombed they could happily bomb the perceived culprit back. It'd give them a level playing field.

I'll freely admit that some part of me wants to see a nuclear Iran (and before you try to hang me I, of course, have major reservations). I don't think that they'd be stupid enough to actually use their nuclear weapons - they want a deterrent like everyone else. It may be horrendously naive and stupid of me but it would give a powerful barganing chip in terms of slowing the spread of the western economic system. I think we could be forced into making some structural concessions which may benefit more of humanity than the already-rich few.

Again. May be stupid, but it's borne out of a desire to see real change in the west and a feeling of hopelessness as we don't live in a real democracy. And ultimate political power comes from military strength.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
But Scouse what's the point in having them if they cant realistically use them? :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But Scouse what's the point in having them if they cant realistically use them? :p

To stop themselves being bullied by people wtih them, of course.

It doesn't change the fact that, intellectually, it's a stupid course of action on everyone's part. I'm an intelligent being and therefore can see lots of different courses of effective action. It doesn't mean that I can't see how fucking stupid they are tho...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Such a rediculously childish attitude I'm afraid to say. We dont want anyone to have nukes, except us. And we certainly dont want people who hate us to have nukes ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nobody should have nukes but unfortunately Pandora's box has already been opened. Nobody will scrap their nukes until something more scary is invented.

Any country that is ruled by the law of some fictional character in a poorly written novel should certainly not have nukes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom