Ipod or zen?

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
well im after an Mp3 player, and after hearing good and bad things about both of these products i thought i would put my trust in you lot (god what have i done :eek6: ).

Anyone wanna tell me about these 2 products and maybe a place selling em cheep-ish.

Also if theres another brand out there you think might be worthy let me know

ta very muchly! :cheers:

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Id get a Creative one if it had been out when I got my iPod.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Sony HD3 = Quality style and storage
Ipod = marketing marketing marketing

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Buy a nokia 6230 and a 2gb card ftw.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i personally cant see why anyone needs to drag around 40 gigs worth of songs or what ever max storage is :)

i got 128 meg expansion on my 32 meg mp3 player and i change songs once in a blue moon and its fine (btw thats about 40+ songs)

Ive heard that apple ipod = only apple songs it wont play anything else.

Natswoo

Banned
Well Itunes converts every Audio media thing into .aac from whatever file type it was before...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Ipod = looks
Zen = Value for money

Sums it up pretty much, i bought a 60Gb Zen since you can only have 1 playlist on the Ipod, and around 50 i think it was on the Zen

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Ipod is an overhyped and overmarketed piece of good looking junk.
Zen is an underhyped and undermarketed piece of good looking gizmo ;)
Zen can play more formats without converting them to Apple Audio Crap, and actually has some nice functions you'd actually use.

Ipod's only plus is the way the buttons etc work, which is really nice, but it doesn't offer any good functions. Add-on's cost €39.95 (all of 'em) which is imo extremely expensive for <say> an adaptor or a little piece of cable to connect it to the carradio

soooooooooooooooooooooo..... Go with the Creative Zen! :)
(or, you could always get an Archos AV4100) ;)

rayzor

Fledgling Freddie
I have an ipod and its good (but not great). Annoying software and shockingly poor battery life (when compared to others) means that I wouldn't buy another, as there are better alternatives around.

My mate at work has an iriver and he swears by it.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Zen = Winnar. More reliable.

I have also developed a knee-jerk reaction to say "Fuck off" whenever someone says "Oh im part of the ipod generation now", all I see is "Well done, youve become part of an overpriced and overhyped AND overadvertised scheme, brilliant."

Ipods suck, I hate them. :p

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I'd recommend the Zen's :) just remember, same advice goes for zens and ipods, don't run with them, you want music when excercising get a Flash player.

Even read somewhere Ipod did anti shock on their player... cool so now you wont even get a warning when the harddrive is getting roughed up, brilliant thinking!!!!

(notice anti shock does not prevent shock to the player, it just prevents the music skipping.)

Chilly

Balls of steel
hehe, it was only a few months ago every **** had ipod love spewing out of every orifice :D

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Ipod = looks
Zen = Value for money

Sums it up pretty much, i bought a 60Gb Zen since you can only have 1 playlist on the Ipod, and around 50 i think it was on the Zen

I have like a dif playlist on my Ipod for each artist. thats near on 100.
i also have a bunch of random 1s i made up of stuff i like to listen in that order.
wht i think u mean is it only has 1 set in that u can add to. but u can make ur own. as many as u want as far as i know.

also IPod is muchus marketing. its not that great. i like how it works i find it simple and easy to use tbh u can call me a ass kicker but this is jsut personnal preferance. i only have a 15gb. this 1 was soon withdrawn because no1 was buying th 10 and 20gbs lol. but i have enough room to fit all my songs on there which i love cos im always in the mood for something different.
altho many other mp3s have same so :p
as for battery life. the Ipod is a let down. i can get it to go for the most of the day that im out. 9-5. but i charge it every night. that can get annoying esp if i 4get to charge it.

woot judge dredd is on. random but hey i love it

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
rayzor said:
I have an ipod and its good (but not great). Annoying software and shockingly poor battery life (when compared to others) means that I wouldn't buy another, as there are better alternatives around.

My mate at work has an iriver and he swears by it.

Have both IPod Mini (6Gb) and Zen (20Gb). The Mrs uses the Zen. The one use most is the Ipod Mini 6Gb version. Battery life is way better than the old Oringinal Ipod Mini version I had last year. Soud Quality on both is pretty good.

Cheapest place to get the Ipod is in the US.

The new Archos G Mini XS200 20Gb looks nice and only 950 Dhs here in Dubai (about 7 to 1 GBP). Same price as the Zen and Mini Ipod is 1200 Dhs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom