iPad Mini to be sold at £150

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
TBH, if they sold it for £25, I still wouldn't get one. I don't want to be dragged at gunpoint into using iTunes on a butt-ugly device where every single app has to have been clinically approved by Apple's Health & Safety Nazi Executive.

Last edited:

Aada

Part of the furniture
TBH, if they sold it for £25, I still wouldn't get one. I don't want to be dragged at gunpoint into using iTunes on a butt-ugly device where every single app has to have been clinically approved by Apple's Health & Safety Nazi Executive.

What's wrong with that? at least the apps work .

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
dont see the point of it tbh.
I can see the point of it.
It is aimed squarely at killing the market for mid-sized devices such as the £70-£200 Android tablets or Blackberry's Playbook.
It goes head to head with Amazon's Kindle Fire which is Apples biggest problem at this device size.

And like Lamp, I wouldn't get an Apple device even if you paid me.

On second thought, maybe I'd take one if I was paid £1000 just so I could eBay it for another £600.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Samsung have a 7 inch tablet which is selling well as it is truly portable. And they sell for £350 in some places. If it is like the current iPad it will be a solid device that just works, no worrying about if it will get the latest updates no worry about apps not working, about apps stealing your data. You have to connect it to iTunes once then you can apply updates and sync media via the iCloud so hatred of iTunes is not really an issue.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A shit article based on unsourced claims by an Apple fansite.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I can see the point of it.
It is aimed squarely at killing the market for mid-sized devices such as the £70-£200 Android tablets or Blackberry's Playbook.

Since when did Blackberry's Playbook have a market, it's been a disaster and damned nearly bankrupted them.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I think my company is single-handedly keeping RIM's PB sales going in the UK. :(
It's not a bad device in itself, but it's sorely lacking compared to an equivalent priced Android tablet.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bag of wank.

It will most probably be more than that too. Sheep will buy it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not gonna happen. Buuuuuu-uuuuuu-uuuullshit :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually the Reg reported on it a while back; rumour came from a screen supplier - I think its supposed 8.1 inch or something like that (so it keeps the current iPad/iPhone form factor to make easier for app dev). The cheap price thing is a new one on me though; seems pretty counter to normal Apple policy, especially when there are ton a cheapo 7" Chinese Android pads out there already.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually the Reg reported on it a while back; rumour came from a screen supplier - I think its supposed 8.1 inch or something like that (so it keeps the current iPad/iPhone form factor to make easier for app dev). The cheap price thing is a new one on me though; seems pretty counter to normal Apple policy, especially when there are ton a cheapo 7" Chinese Android pads out there already.
That said, Steve's dead and if Apple realistically think they can kill off Android then it could happen. The Apple TV is only £99 for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom