IP as a Hybrid?

E

Evhullnes

Just wondering if IP is really worth it as a hybrid tank/caster? Mostly talking about VWs now. Does it serve any purpose in fg vs fg? Or only solo?
Are you happy with IP or would you want (or already have) respec out of it?
Thanks for any input on the subject ;)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
My skald had IP for a while but in fg v fg its pretty useless as normaly if i had to use it my group was loosing anyway, respeced now and going for AP which imo is much better :]

Thire

Fledgling Freddie
imo its pretty pointless in groups, whenever you need to use IP, it means that your druids are probably dead.
It can be nice if theyre interrupted for a while, and its good when youre inside a pbae box.
If i didnt have stealth on my minstrel, i probably wouldve respecced out of IP.
The only reason i have it, is cos it makes life so much easier in 1v1's :)

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, IP is pretty much a 1 on 1 based RA. I'm getting it myself because I like my 1 on 1s and I also like the idea of having 2 lives. (Basically if I'm close to death I'll press IP and voila, I'll have more time to stay alive to time FH.)

I suppose when actually considering IP as a hybrid you need to take 2 things into consideration:

1) Can you actually be bothered saving all the points for a hybrid character when you could be splashing out on passives?
2) Do you consider it a necessary attribute for your character to attain?
- I think that with the second question if you're not sure, you should just get IP as a luxury at a higher RR.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
IP-
Pure tanks: Good for solo'ing, not for grouping.
Hybrids: Good for solo'ing, not for grouping.
Support: Good for solo, good for tank groups, not good in mage groups.

imo

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, if u have good healers in your group, you should spend those points on something else.

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
from my view, IP is worth it, but only as higher rr. IP can save your ass vs new fotm tank-killing grps.

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
As a VW what else would one pick though?
You could get MoPain I guess, but that's not going to hinder you from getting IP early on. You can get MoParry or Dodger as passives but what good will that do you in fg vs fg?
I'm not sure how good DoTV is though. Getting rid of 500 dmg can be nice I suppose, but possibly not the best ways to spend one points?
So why not get IP early on as a VW? Anything you'll be missing out on? With it though you'll be able to solo better and your group RvR won't be affected too much. Just an opinion though ;-)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Its the single most powerful heal in the game, you'd be silly not to get it at some point :D

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
problem is that VWs cant get AP, same count for friars, else i would go for it too with my friar :)
while u get w8 to get IP go for passives and respec out of them then u got enough for IP!!

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Depends how you play.

I love running into the middle of pbae boxes and hugging moccing lurikeens. So yeah, I need IP.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Das_Hibbie said:
You could get MoPain I guess, but that's not going to hinder you from getting IP early on. You can get MoParry or Dodger as passives but what good will that do you in fg vs fg?
I'm not sure how good DoTV is though. Getting rid of 500 dmg can be nice I suppose, but possibly not the best ways to spend one points?
So why not get IP early on as a VW? Anything you'll be missing out on? With it though you'll be able to solo better and your group RvR won't be affected too much. Just an opinion though ;-)

I eventually got purge, this suits me better than IP would do, since I can heal with lifetap (presuming grouped ofc), so purge, aug acuity 2, WP 2, WA 1, mastery of pain 1, mastery of parrying 1. Heading for dodger again, more WA, mastery of pain.

DOTV can be nice but most people have ablative procs on armour and if it goes off it overwrites DOTV, best use I've found for DOTV is when you expect stealth adds and their PA hits for peanuts with it up :p

IP is a nice RA, best saved for 1v1 or high rr's though, you may not find a single use for it in hours of rvr, you might find it essential at some points but increasing your classes overall effectiveness comes first imo since realistically you should be knocking the crap out of stuff and doing it fast. Afterall without decent passives IP may not save you in a 1v1 fight and I've won some of of those vs buffed opponents without needing heals :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Pin said:
Depends how you play.

I love running into the middle of pbae boxes and hugging moccing lurikeens. So yeah, I need IP.
Hmm, I was certain it had something to do with you being an S&M whip-expert, surely you need to be able to ignore that pain sometimes? :m00:

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
IP is nice if u get a assist train on u (but then again AP is nicer to that)
and I got IP on my mincer I rarely grp with him but when I do I don´t really need IP since that is what we got clerics for :cheers:

Sastrecillo

Fledgling Freddie
Purge, DoV, and after this go for MoPain or Wild Powah :) thats my opinion (for a VW ofc)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Das_Hibbie said:

lots of MoPain and Wild Power (so your scythe procs crit) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom