Invisible emails

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
A friend of mine has been saying for weeks that his emails are coming through with nothing in them, and I've been saying I don't know what he's talking about.

Well, just now, I've got a string of emails from people I know that are blank, where they've replied to me and obviously must have written something. This is in Outlook Express, there's no mention of any virus clean up or anything and there was no attachments, just a blank email page.

Is there a virus that could cause this, or something else?

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Tried a different client? I've not heard any good things about Outlook Express.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
No, but I have been using Outlook Express for 10 years and never had this problem before.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Might be a daft one but have you tried highlighting the content of an email, e.g as if you are copy/pasting the text - just because the text might be set to white on a white background - our work uses outlook and once in a while if I try and send youtube links it always sets the text to white for some odd reason (not like I am going to phone IT and tell them though)..

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
Could they be sending you emails in a wierd font?

At work if I send emails from Pegasus mail using one of work's own fonts to my yahoo email there is no text .

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
untick "HTML view" then.

in fact, never send html markup as email at all.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If you are still getting this problem and have AVG installed turn off email scanning in AVG there is a Technet artical about this somewhere AVG and a few other delete mail content for you :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't had the problem since, but I'll try that if I do. Might tell the other guy I mentioned as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom